Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike can you check on the rumor

Started by soso, July 24, 2006, 08:41:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gopigsgo

Just how many years are we supposed to give RJ to get better? h

gopigsgo

Sorry about the short post, malfunction with 5 yr. old and the keyboard. Just how much time do we give RJ? He's had a redshirt yr. and 2 yrs. playing time. After all that and do the things I saw in the Vanderbilt game are inexcusable. Can't blame the lack of heady play on
HDN unless its the fact that he's in the game at all. For the last several years I've had my doubts about player evaluations period!

GuvHog

Quote from: gopigsgo on July 24, 2006, 06:49:22 pm
Sorry about the short post, malfunction with 5 yr. old and the keyboard. Just how much time do we give RJ? He's had a redshirt yr. and 2 yrs. playing time. After all that and do the things I saw in the Vanderbilt game are inexcusable. Can't blame the lack of heady play on
HDN unless its the fact that he's in the game at all. For the last several years I've had my doubts about player evaluations period!

All I'll say is ....That was last year, THIS is THIS year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ClubChubby

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 24, 2006, 09:35:22 am
That rumor is out there. I am told that Robert considered it but is planning to stay at Arkansas.

Can't blame robert for considering a move. Easy to see a fresh start might seem best for him. He may feel he's getting a fresh start with our new coaches.

thehammer007

Quote from: dubyacee on July 24, 2006, 10:37:58 am
Well, Im of the opinion that if Alex and Gus deem him to be capable as the starter, then they see something that we don't.  We are supposed to be trusting them and putting the offense in their hands. 

First of all:  Gus is NOT the quarterback coach.  He coaches the wide receivers.  Second:  Robert Johnson is NOT capable.  He's had four years to show it and he can't get it done.  Lastly, Alex Wood may be a big deal to some folks because he came from the NFL - but not me.  He came from the NFL because he was fired by his best friend Dennis Green; both from Minnesota and then again at Arizona.   Good ass't coaches in the NFL don't get fired.  Larry Beigtol didn't get fired.  Monte Kiffin didn't get fired.  George Stewart didn't get fired.  Dick Lebeau didn't get fired.  Shawn Payton didn't get fired.  Mike Shanahan and Bill Belechick, two former ass't coaches not only didn't get fired, they moved up to head coaches.  

This bull about Alex Wood needs to simmer until we can actually see the proof in the pudding at the end of this season.  

Wood practically begged to come to UA.  

GuvHog

Quote from: thehammer007 on July 24, 2006, 06:59:08 pm
Well, Im of the opinion that if Alex and Gus deem him to be capable as the starter, then they see something that we don't.  We are supposed to be trusting them and putting the offense in their hands. 

First of all:  Gus is NOT the quarterback coach.  He coaches the wide receivers.  Second:  Robert Johnson is NOT capable.  He's had four years to show it and he can't get it done.  Lastly, Alex Wood may be a big deal to some folks because he came from the NFL - but not me.  He came from the NFL because he was fired by his best friend Dennis Green; both from Minnesota and then again at Arizona.   Good ass't coaches in the NFL don't get fired.  Larry Beigtol didn't get fired.  Monte Kiffin didn't get fired.  George Stewart didn't get fired.  Dick Lebeau didn't get fired.  Shawn Payton didn't get fired.  Mike Shanahan and Bill Belechick, two former ass't coaches not only didn't get fired, they moved up to head coaches.  

This bull about Alex Wood needs to simmer until we can actually see the proof in the pudding at the end of this season.  

I don't think it's possible to be a 5th year junior, try counting again.

bigred7987

QuoteHe came from the NFL because he was fired by his best friend Dennis Green; both from Minnesota and then again at Arizona.   Good ass't coaches in the NFL don't get fired
Actually Arizona had the best passing attack in the league last year, He was fired because he had no capable Running Back. 
And actually your wrong, good assistant coaches do get fired, they are the scapegoat when the head coach isn't fired. 
George Stewart - Atlanta's offense would be horrible with Vick and their WR's are awful. 
Larry Beigtol- What did they do last year?
Shawn Payton- seriously using Dallas' offense for your arguement?
Belechik- defensive coordinator
Monte Kiffin- DC

And out of all those names I believe one is a quarterbacks coach, could you have picked any worse examples?

thehammer007

Quote from: bigred7987 on July 24, 2006, 07:20:14 pm
QuoteHe came from the NFL because he was fired by his best friend Dennis Green; both from Minnesota and then again at Arizona.   Good ass't coaches in the NFL don't get fired
Actually Arizona had the best passing attack in the league last year, He was fired because he had no capable Running Back. 
And actually your wrong, good assistant coaches do get fired, they are the scapegoat when the head coach isn't fired. 
George Stewart - Atlanta's offense would be horrible with Vick and their WR's are awful. 
Larry Beigtol- What did they do last year?
Shawn Payton- seriously using Dallas' offense for your arguement?
Belechik- defensive coordinator
Monte Kiffin- DC

And out of all those names I believe one is a quarterbacks coach, could you have picked any worse examples?

The fact of the matter is: Wood DID GET FIRED at Minnesota and then at Arizona. The other coaches I named haven't been fired.    What other long time ass't coaches in the NFL have been fired just to be the "scapegoat" for the head coach?  I've named mine.  Now it's time for you to show and tell. 

thehammer007

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 24, 2006, 07:02:46 pm

I don't think it's possible to be a 5th year junior, try counting again.

Yes.  It's possible.  Just ask Ramon Flanigan (I'm convinced you don't even know who he is) and Chris Baker.   

Robert Johnson has had FOUR springs to prove what he can do.  He can't do it.  Hopefully you saw this guy last year.   Do you really believe Mortenson, Barthel, or Dick could've done any worse?   

While your quibbling with me about mis-calcualations that I may or may not have posted - Robert Johnson has been pushed once again to the forefront as likely contender for the starting qb position.    The only two ways that will happen is if: 1. Nutt is so stubborn to prove he was right in the first place, he will pronounce RJ the starter.  2.   Mustain, Dick, Landon Leach and Clark Irwin all go down with injuries in pre-season practices.   

thehammer007

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 24, 2006, 03:11:04 pm
Quote from: Rookie on July 24, 2006, 02:44:49 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on July 24, 2006, 01:09:35 pm
QuoteDid you just compare robert johnson to D.J. Shockley?
Yes, People in Georgia hated DJ Shockley in the beginning, much like RJ here.  But with developing his talent and gaining confidence he turned into what we see him as now.  All RJ needs is confidence.  Do you people ever think as to why teams have a quarterbacks coach??? To develope their talent and help them understand their role and their job.  Alex Wood has alot of experience and I'm sure he has seen a QB with a problem such as RJ.  Just give it time before you start bad mouthing the guy, lets think about who his coach was last time and the situation he was put in. 

DJ Shockley was never "hated" in Ga. He's an ATL product & his Dad is a very well-respect ATL HS coach.  DJ sat until his Sr year because 1) He had nagging ankle/foot injuries & couldn't stay healthy for a full season 2) He played behind the most successful QB in NCAA history in terms of W's.

Shockley was one of the area's most highly regarding QB's out of HS.  If David Green's not at UGa during the same time Shockley would've played sooner.  He wasn't being "developed', he was waiting his turn behind a better college QB.  RJ is a great kid, but he doesn't have near the talent of Shockley.

The fact is RJ had his chance to produce last yr.  He was a 3rd yr JR who'd been in the sys.  He took all of the Spring reps.  He had no competition for the starting job.  Blame the coaches all you want, but RJ couldn't hit the open WR.  I'm afraid he needs much more than confidence.  Watch the '05 Bama game.  He continually hits their LB's with the ball. If they catch half of those it's not a close game.

RJ was a So. last season.  And I watched the Bama game.  What I saw was our OL unable to pass protect and their CB playing in our backfield all day long. It was the most unimaginative, worst offensive gameplan I can remember.  NO QB would have successful that day behind that line in that offense. 

What about against Vandy?  What about against Georgia?   What about against Auburn?  As bad a coach as I think Nutt is - you can't lay it all at the feet for "bad game planning."    Robert simply is a bad qb.   He can't throw.  All the escapability that we heard about was non-existiant.   His game decisons are bad.   He may look like Joe Montana in practice, but looking good in practice doesn't win games on Saturday.   

When the stadium fills up and the lights come on - RJ simply forgets everything he's learned. 

No personal knock against the young man.  We've had placekickers for the last 8 years who do the same thing. 

PigKahuna

At this point if we were in the final minutes of a crucial game I'm not sure who should be on the field:

R Johnson - good solid spring, not so solid last year
C Dick - pretty good in games last year but not spectacular, horrible in spring practice and possibly hurt
M Mustain - highly touted, not proven in game action yet

Not a lot of options that jump out above the rest.

thehammer007

Quote from: HoopHog on July 24, 2006, 04:10:21 pm
GOOD GRIEF!  This rumor again?  Yeah, RJ wants to transfer so that he can lose a year of eligible playing time.  That is just what he is looking for in his college career!

It's not just a rumor Hoophog.   Michael Coe called RJ and almost had him convinced to leave UA and come to whatever school that Coe has transferred to.    Going down would not lose Robert a year of eligibility and he fancies himself another Travaris Jackson.    This is the second time during the off season that Robert has considered leaving and been talked out of it.   The time before was after the end of last season when he was benched in favor of Casey Dick.  

thehammer007

Quote from: PigKahuna on July 24, 2006, 08:04:15 pm
At this point if we were in the final minutes of a crucial game I'm not sure who should be on the field:

C Dick - pretty good in games last year but not spectacular, horrible in spring practice and possibly hurt

"Good, solid spring?"  What are you basing that on sir?   Things that Nutt and his cohorts told you?   I saw Robert Johnson in the spring.  He looked very good in practices and did not do anything in the final, televised Red-White game.    He looked like the RJ we've seen for four other  springs.  Throws passes too hard and too low.  Has nervous feet.  Tends to pull the ball down very early when his primary receiver doesn't break open right away.   

IOW, he was the same Robert Johnson that we saw in seven games last season.  He's simply not good enough to play quarterback at Arkansas.   

werehog

Robert Johnson, no thanks. Mitch Mustain, yas suh, dat's our baby now. Casey Dick, not a great talent, but a great decision maker with the swagger of a winner. It's either we start CD or MM, our our season is lost.

GuvHog

Quote from: thehammer007 on July 24, 2006, 08:12:14 pm
Quote from: PigKahuna on July 24, 2006, 08:04:15 pm

"Good, solid spring?"  What are you basing that on sir?   Things that Nutt and his cohorts told you?   I saw Robert Johnson in the spring.  He looked very good in practices and did not do anything in the final, televised Red-White game.    He looked like the RJ we've seen for four other  springs.  Throws passes too hard and too low.  Has nervous feet.  Tends to pull the ball down very early when his primary receiver doesn't break open right away.  

IOW, he was the same Robert Johnson that we saw in seven games last season.  He's simply not good enough to play quarterback at Arkansas.  

Hammer, you must have worn blinders. I was at that spring game. RJ had easly the best day
of the Quarterbacks that played. He passed the ball pretty well, better than CD or AM so
don't count RJ out just yet.

WILL CLINTON

Just so I'm clear, where did I say that Gus was the QB coach??  (By the way, he is supposed to be running the offense, that is what the OC does, correct?) So now you are saying that you are more apt to make a correct talent evaluation than an NFL coach, and Gus Malzahn?  If so, what are your qualifications? 
All I am trying to say is that all summer and most of the spring, people have been saying "trust in Gus" and "ride the Gus bus".  If he and Alex decide, through practice and other observing and evaluating, that RJ has made strides in his reading abilities, got himself under control and is the best chance to move this offense, who are you, me or anyone else to argue just because what we saw last year in an offensive bog (I still refuse to call it a system), with an OL that was not taught to pass block?? 
I am not an RJ fan necessarily, but Im also not ready to throw the kid away. Especially when we only have 1 other scholarship QB that is not a freshman, and he is the ONLY QB with experience against the top teams (save Dick's starting the LSU game) in the SEC, and USC. A new system, a new coach or two and who knows.  Maybe part of his problem was Nutt. 
Maybe part of the reason he struggled was he was stepping into the Almighty's (aka Matt Jones) shoes and was nervous and put too much pressure on himself. 
I suppose we know more by sitting in the stands watching on Saturdays than these coaches who are with the players 7 days a week?? 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogmania on July 24, 2006, 09:43:34 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 24, 2006, 10:32:12 am
Quote from: Smithian on July 24, 2006, 09:36:40 am
People may dislike him(Not myself.), but a backup with that experience is downright amazing in the SEC. I think that Alex Wood had made him nothing but better.

You're right, RJ could be a lot better than some people think. I actually heard one person
say the Following: "I am going to the first game in Fayetteville. If RJ is the starter, I will
get up walk out of the stadium and never return". it saddens me how some people people
refuse to give RJ the chance to greatly improve. That type of behavior is totally Improper.

Yeah,, he was sure great last year.  It someone buys a ticket they have a right to walk out whenever they please and it's not for you to say when that is.

True but it's still a classless and improper act!

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 24, 2006, 10:14:53 pm
People may dislike him(Not myself.), but a backup with that experience is downright amazing in the SEC. I think that Alex Wood had made him nothing but better.

You're right, RJ could be a lot better than some people think. I actually heard one person
say the Following: "I am going to the first game in Fayetteville. If RJ is the starter, I will
get up walk out of the stadium and never return". it saddens me how some people people
refuse to give RJ the chance to greatly improve. That type of behavior is totally Improper.

Yeah,, he was sure great last year.  It someone buys a ticket they have a right to walk out whenever they please and it's not for you to say when that is.

First Guvy it's college not collage.  Second, how is it classless for someone to walk out because they weren't happy with the game or who they put in?   I give a lot of money to the U ofA every year, I have the freaking right to walk out if I am not happy.  I don't care if that makes me less of a fan or not.  I will not sit like I have for the last 8 years and watch so much inconsistent FB.  Classless is sitting on your arse and pretend that everything is good.

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on July 24, 2006, 10:42:13 pm

First Guvy it's college not collage.  Second, how is it classless for someone to walk out because they weren't happy with the game or who they put in?   I give a lot of money to the U ofA every year, I have the freaking right to walk out if I am not happy.  I don't care if that makes me less of a fan or not.  I will not sit like I have for the last 8 years and watch so much inconsistent FB.  Classless is sitting on your arse and pretend that everything is good.

What I'm getting at is this: There are people that think they are qualified enough to tell GM and AW which QB should start, Which QB should play some, and which QB should never play. These people insist that if AW & GM choose to start the QB Which these think should never play,
They will get up walk out and never come back. That sounds just like a little kid saying
"you play my way or I'll take my toys and go home!". It's just plain childish and Classless.

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 24, 2006, 10:54:54 pm

First Guvy it's college not collage.  Second, how is it classless for someone to walk out because they weren't happy with the game or who they put in?   I give a lot of money to the U ofA every year, I have the freaking right to walk out if I am not happy.  I don't care if that makes me less of a fan or not.  I will not sit like I have for the last 8 years and watch so much inconsistent FB.  Classless is sitting on your arse and pretend that everything is good.

What I'm getting at is this: There are people that think they are qualified enough to tell GM and AW which QB should start, Which QB should play some, and which QB should never play. These people insist that if AW & GM choose to start the QB Which these think should never play,
They will get up walk out and never come back. That sounds just like a little kid saying
"you play my way or I'll take my toys and go home!". It's just plain childish and Classless.

That's not it.  Did ya watch any Hogs FB last year?  Did ya hear what the coaches said about RoJo during spring and fall practices last year?   It is what they are saying now.  I can't stand when someone says your not a true Hog fan or a classless fan because we don't drink from the same glass as Dale surporters.  I don't think RoJo has what it takes to be a QB.  That is MY opinion.  Just like when you say Dale deserves another year or we should have won that game if it wasn't for the refs..blah blah blah.   What a true Hog fan shouldn't do.... is to go look for another coaching position after the season is over with.

HatfieldHog

Quote from: opineonswine on July 24, 2006, 01:54:06 pm
I'm not a big RJ fan.  He hasn't done anything to win support or endear himself to the masses.  However, in his defense, not even Matt Jones could win consistently in the offensive system he was forced to play in.  I hear from very reliable sources that RJ playing more would not be out of the question.  I have to believe that if that is the case it is totally because he has better coaching, better offensive system that allows QBs to succeed, and he is a bit older (more experience albeit not that great of experience).  My "reliable source" reminded me that Jason Campbell (Auburn QB) wasn't very good until he was a senior, but then he was quite good.

Joe Montana wouldn't have looked very good in the offense we've been running.

Heck, in the offense that we've been running for the last two years, Joe Montana wouldn't of even needed his right arm!  Hey, that opens up our QB recruiting, "...all you one armed QB's out there, you can play for us..."  (just a little hint of sarcasm.)

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Chief Mac

Yes, People in Georgia hated DJ Shockley in the beginning, much like RJ here.  But with developing his talent and gaining confidence he turned into what we see him as now.  All RJ needs is confidence.  Do you people ever think as to why teams have a quarterbacks coach??? To develope their talent and help them understand their role and their job.  Alex Wood has alot of experience and I'm sure he has seen a QB with a problem such as RJ.  Just give it time before you start bad mouthing the guy, lets think about who his coach was last time and the situation he was put in. 

DJ Shockley was never "hated" in Ga. He's an ATL product & his Dad is a very well-respect ATL HS coach.  DJ sat until his Sr year because 1) He had nagging ankle/foot injuries & couldn't stay healthy for a full season 2) He played behind the most successful QB in NCAA history in terms of W's.

Shockley was one of the area's most highly regarding QB's out of HS.  If David Green's not at UGa during the same time Shockley would've played sooner.  He wasn't being "developed', he was waiting his turn behind a better college QB.  RJ is a great kid, but he doesn't have near the talent of Shockley.

The fact is RJ had his chance to produce last yr.  He was a 3rd yr JR who'd been in the sys.  He took all of the Spring reps.  He had no competition for the starting job.  Blame the coaches all you want, but RJ couldn't hit the open WR.  I'm afraid he needs much more than confidence.  Watch the '05 Bama game.  He continually hits their LB's with the ball. If they catch half of those it's not a close game.

I can speak from experience on DJ Shockley...the UGA fans really didn't like him until his sr yr.  I go to every home game with my wife (UGA fan) and tailgate with a bunch of diehard UGA alums and they all pissed and moaned whenever Richt would pull Greene to put Shockley in.  Of course they were singing his praise at the end of last year.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Belichick did get fired when he was the head coach of the Browns.  Just because a coach gets fired doesn't mean he is a bad coach.  Sometimes things just don't work out. 

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Holy City Hog

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on July 25, 2006, 07:17:04 am

I can speak from experience on DJ Shockley...the UGA fans really didn't like him until his sr yr.  I go to every home game with my wife (UGA fan) and tailgate with a bunch of diehard UGA alums and they all pissed and moaned whenever Richt would pull Greene to put Shockley in.  Of course they were singing his praise at the end of last year.

WPS

Chris

I am speaking from experience as well as I lived in Athens during Ritch's 1st 3 yrs on campus & went to every home game, & still attend several games in Athens every yr. No one "hated" Shockley. The moaning was due to pulling Green for a series or two just to get Shockley in the game. It always seemed to disrupt Green's rhythm when he came back in.

My pt is the comparison of RJ to Shockley is absurd. Shockley sat b/c he played behind a better college QB. He could've started at almost every other SEC school. RJ sat b/c he couldn't get the job done.  Anyone who thinks RJ will magically turn into a SEC-caliber QB is fooling themselves.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Rookie on July 25, 2006, 08:50:38 am
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on July 25, 2006, 07:17:04 am

WPS

Chris

I am speaking from experience as well as I lived in Athens during Ritch's 1st 3 yrs on campus & went to every home game, & still attend several games in Athens every yr. No one "hated" Shockley. The moaning was due to pulling Green for a series or two just to get Shockley in the game. It always seemed to disrupt Green's rhythm when he came back in.

My pt is the comparison of RJ to Shockley is absurd. Shockley sat b/c he played behind a better college QB. He could've started at almost every other SEC school. RJ sat b/c he couldn't get the job done.  Anyone who thinks RJ will magically turn into a SEC-caliber QB is fooling themselves.

I agree with that there is no comparison between DJ and Robert.

Where did you live in Athens?  My sister inlaw lived in Brumby her freshman year and lived at the Lodge apartments this year.

WPS

Chris

TulsaHogFan

Look at the comparison's between RJ and Campbell from Auburn.

Might start looking a little interesting.

Campbell was hated by the Auburn fans.

Change of QB coach and OC and BAM they love him.

I am just saying.

BILLYBOB

I didn't know Baylor still had a football team.  Is it D-1?
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: baylorman on July 25, 2006, 05:10:02 pm
R. Johnson is coming to Baylor. There is one issue that has to be resolved. R.J. has told us he wants to wait until the issue is cleared up (prob. Friday) before he makes it official. We are excited to have him aboard.
He will probably blossom into a star there.  Try and knock off Texas for us this season OK?

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on July 24, 2006, 11:11:11 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 24, 2006, 10:54:54 pm

That's not it.  Did ya watch any Hogs FB last year?  Did ya hear what the coaches said about RoJo during spring and fall practices last year?   It is what they are saying now.  I can't stand when someone says your not a true Hog fan or a classless fan because we don't drink from the same glass as Dale surporters.  I don't think RoJo has what it takes to be a QB.  That is MY opinion.  Just like when you say Dale deserves another year or we should have won that game if it wasn't for the refs..blah blah blah.   What a true Hog fan shouldn't do.... is to go look for another coaching position after the season is over with.

I did go to almost every home game last year, and yes I heard what the coaches said
last year, But the coaches that are doing all the raving about RJ this year weren't even here
last year. I just think that it's a real possibility that RJ has improved a great deal under
AW in GMs system. I've never said that RJ should start, I just think it's possible, and I
don't think people should get their panties in a wad if he does.

GuvHog

Quote from: baylorman on July 25, 2006, 05:10:02 pm
R. Johnson is coming to Baylor. There is one issue that has to be resolved. R.J. has told us he wants to wait until the issue is cleared up (prob. Friday) before he makes it official. We are excited to have him aboard.

I'll believe this when I see it happen.

T-Bag Hawg

It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

GrizzledHogFan

Who'll be the third-string QB if RoJo leaves?
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Lanny

Quote from: BILLYBOB on July 25, 2006, 05:26:10 pm
I didn't know Baylor still had a football team.  Is it D-1?

I don't think we should compare Division 1 records.  Baylor always played the UofA a hard fought game. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TulsaHogFan

I will say this.  We are doing our best to get to the bottom of this story.  I will have more hopefully in the next few minutes/hours.

GuvHog

Quote from: gmb_79 on July 25, 2006, 06:39:59 pm

I don't know, but if that's true, they better find one...and quick!

Rooka

Pretty sad that Baylor wants a Razorback third stringer as their QB.  8)

GuvHog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 25, 2006, 06:41:11 pm
I will say this.  We are doing our best to get to the bottom of this story.  I will have more hopefully in the next few minutes/hours.

Tulsa, I usually would say I'm all ears, but since we're typing I guess I'll say I'm all eyes!

T-Bag Hawg

GuvHog

bigred7987

T-Bag Hawg

I do wish he would stay.  If he could excel in a system, it would be Gus's.
I guess the writing was on the wall when Mitch signed.  We've lost 3 qb's in 7 months.  Wow!

Sao Ming

Quote from: Death by Hog on July 25, 2006, 06:43:32 pm
Pretty sad that Baylor wants a Razorback third stringer as their QB.  8)

I don't see it as sad at all, I see it as a beaten down team saying enough is enough and they intend to do whatever they can to win.  I also see it as very unfortunate news for our fair team, if and when this comes to fruition...we need RJ around, for obviuos reasons.

I wouldn't sleep on Baylor this year if I were the Big 12.  They are doing a nice job of re-loading.

T-Bag Hawg

Too bad Kodi couldn't come this year.

bigred7987

If RJ transfers does our 2nd string safety Rashaad transfer too???

HoopS

Robert is one of ours and I hope he stays.  Whether you like his results or not, he has worked hard to help us win and I appreciate the effort.

Sao Ming

Chris Houston played some QB in High School.  Someone give him a playbook please.

bigred7987

I guess why this is hard to believe is he has been a good leader on this team and respected by everyone and he loves Arkansas.  Just dont see it

T-Bag Hawg

bigred7987