Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

U of A against ASU in Little Rock. Why Not?

Started by firehogs, July 12, 2006, 02:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

firehogs

I got one question, Why is this game so avoided? Whats wrong with it? Seems like it would be a great rival game, and other states play within their own state. Looks like it would bring great revenue, and fans all over would sure be there. Is it ASU against it, or is U of A against it?  The last 3 years seems like it would have been a good game, considering how U of A has played. ASU plays Ole Miss and Army this year, I just can't figgure it out. 
GO ADHA!
GO HOGS!

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

williamsB

good, don't try to figure it out. It is a stupid idea so now you can move on to something else  ;D

GorillaJMonsoon

TOM "tbw1"

ASU would be a good opponent.  Let's add UCA, Ouachita and UA-Monticello as well.  If LR Catholic does not have a game we could play Thanksgiving Morning.

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hogfan064

I have no problem playing ASU and wish we would.  It would be better than our classic game against ULM every year in Little Rock. 

But your statement that it would've been a good game the last 3 years is incorrect.  The Hogs would kill ASU.   If the Hogs played ASU's schedule we'd be 12-0 this year. 

fusbal11

Frank wants to remain the "Nebraska of the south",  the number one school in Arkansas.  He doesn't want fan support to be divided and I can't say that I blame him.  Besides, there is no plus side to it at all.
Wooo Pig

hogfan064

Thunderhog Jr

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

T-Bag Hawg

Hey look!  A dead horse.  Let's go beat it!
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

Dances With Hogs

Hogfan, that is quite a statement, 12-0, We would kill ASU, Iam not so sure.
Quote from: hogfan064 on July 12, 2006, 02:16:00 pm
I have no problem playing ASU and wish we would.  It would be better than our classic game against ULM every year in Little Rock. 

But your statement that it would've been a good game the last 3 years is incorrect.  The Hogs would kill ASU.   If the Hogs played ASU's schedule we'd be 12-0 this year. 

Big Papa Satan

We could've added Springdale to the schedule last year.  Would've been more of a challenge than ASU.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: firehogs on July 12, 2006, 02:05:52 pm
Looks like it would bring great revenue, and fans all over would sure be there.  

This is the thing that the Jonesboro Staters always say that makes me laugh out loud.

It's so freakin' transparent it's pathetic.  Hey Injuns,  the Hogs already have great revenue.   Your pathetic fan base won't bring any more.

The revenue that the Injuns speak of is the Razorback's revenue they're so desperate to tap into because they continue to rack up more and more debt year after year.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

THROWITDEEP

But your statement that it would've been a good game the last 3 years is incorrect.  The Hogs would kill ASU.   If the Hogs played ASU's schedule we'd be 12-0 this year. 

They play Auburn this year.

firehogs

QuoteYour pathetic fan base won't bring any more.
Seems like if my memory serves me, Walmart and Tyso, are huge supporters and contributors to the hogs, so I wonder if ASU had some billion dollar company (walmart) in their back yard, where would they be right now. But I do agree with you, it is a pathetic fan base. For some reason, the big money, just don't flow as well on the east side of the state.

Quoterack up more and more debt year after year
I agree, but also going back to having billion dollar companies supporting you with donations sure helps.

GO ADHA!
GO HOGS!

HogCards88

QuoteYour pathetic fan base won't bring any more.
Wrong. This game will bring more than the powerhouse that is ULM.

WindyCityHog

No way....

Playing that game would give that fat frick ASU fan who happens to be on the Indy Bowl Committee and staged that BS pic something to gloat over.

Send ASU to D1AA....where they belong.

firehogs

QuoteASU to D1AA....where they belong
I would have to agree with that statement, ever since D1A, the Indians have fallen hard. Why would a school take theirselves out of the competition, knowing they couldn't compete, knowing they didn't have the money, the recruitment, the coaching. Its sad, cause I had rather watch a competitive game no matter if its highschool, than to be able to say WE OUR D1A,,,WOOO HOOO
GO ADHA!
GO HOGS!

chiefsfan

But your statement that it would've been a good game the last 3 years is incorrect.  The Hogs would kill ASU.   If the Hogs played ASU's schedule we'd be 12-0 this year. 

dont forget the Auburn game... heck or Oklahoma State
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Brutalis

I don't care if we play ASSU or not. But avoiding the game is what you call, [CENSORED]. Afraid of losing cred in your state is whipped.
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

gohogs

why don't we play Arkansas-Pine Bluff while we're at it? :)

bdutt

I hear Hendrix wants a piece of us too....
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

Albert Einswine

Let's just play all the piss ant schools in Arkansas and try to squeeze in a SEC game now and then.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker