Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2017 WBB commit

Started by psycHOGlogist, May 02, 2017, 07:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 02, 2017, 07:25:06 pm
https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/859564068952322048

Mentioned on here by Hogtired, I believe.

This looks like a solid pickup.  She reminds me at first blush as being about the same type player (blue collar, hard worker with some skills) as Melissa Wolff and Jhasmin Bowen.  She is listed as a 3 star, 89 grade (47th forward ranking if memory serves me right).  Thats a high three star.  Morris who we have a good chance of landing in the '18 class for comparison is a 91 four star (also 6-1, long armed and agile, pretty similar to Thomas)

With her, Swenson, and Williams we will be small but will probably mainly go with a three guard, two forward lineup and press, run and gun a lot.  We can give a lot of teams problems if our outside shooting is good, which should open up the middle for drives for Monk and Cosper. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hawg1221

So as of right now, no one has officially left the team. Correct?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 03, 2017, 08:43:43 am
So as of right now, no one has officially left the team. Correct?

Officially Wilson has asked for her release, and transfer.  I think we will hear something about this, maybe this week one way or another.  The administration hasn't announced her transfer of yet.  Thats all we know at the moment.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

hawg1221

Thanks. I hope we keep Wilson. I would be curious to see her and this new commit on the floor together, especially in an open offense.

Hogtied85

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 03, 2017, 09:03:31 am
Officially Wilson has asked for her release, and transfer.  I think we will hear something about this, maybe this week one way or another.  The administration hasn't announced her transfer of yet.  Thats all we know at the moment.

Is this new news? She asked for her release when dykes was there? So did she ask for it again?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Hogtired10 on May 03, 2017, 11:12:59 am
Is this new news? She asked for her release when dykes was there? So did she ask for it again?
\

no, its not new, its still pending

jackflash

if mike can kept Williams and Wilson from transferring with the two new signees. I would call this a hell of a start

flippinhogmana

Quote from: jackflash on May 04, 2017, 08:59:12 am
if mike can kept Williams and Wilson from transferring with the two new signees. I would call this a hell of a start

I thought that maybe Wilson would announce her decision this week but with the tryouts coming up I think she waits until after that is finished. (1) either she finds another school to go to during those tryouts or (2) she appreciates the support MN and the hogs are giving her and decides to return.  Either way I wish her well.

Either way we will have four new players next year (two signees and two freshmen).  Williams is definitely coming back I think.  That would make at least 11 players, maybe twelve unless someone else is signed.

psycHOGlogist

I think flippin's math and outlook are correct. There are stills some transfers out there, of course, and you never know. But I think they're mostly looking for 2018 and beyond at this point.