Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another bad call, this one before the 1st half ended............

Started by Houston h, October 18, 2009, 09:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Houston h

Not sure if anyone noticed but the play right before the half that Mallett scrambled and was tackled at the 3, the clock continued to run down from 8 seconds to 3 seconds.  All the while, Mallett is lying on the ground with his hands up in the air calling timeout.  It should have been our ball, 3rd down at the 3 with 7 or 8 seconds left on the clock.  Instead we were given 3 seconds and settled for the field goal to go up 10-3 at the half.  I have the game tivo'd and have watched the play over and over and have it paused with Mallett's hands in clear view, 8 seconds on the clock and the line judge running in close to mark it down.

Who knows if we would have scored a TD but we would have at least had 1 more throw............

klundq02

Houston h

Quote from: klundq02 on October 18, 2009, 10:00:28 pm
I thought it kept running because he fumbled the ball...

He didn't fumble the ball, he was flat on his back and a guy landed on top of him and it popped out.  That's another story in itself, he got hit late several times.  Watch it again if you have it, they marked it down where he landed.

Marshfieldhog

I forgot about that one, probably cost us another 4 points. Geez, was the fix in or what?

razorjack12

Yes, thanks for pointing this out.  I was shocked when we only had 3 seconds left before the half.

jschulte

Well come on guys... perhaps they didn't see him calling timeout because they were too busy staring down Tebow's great bod on the sideline....

Melorock089

I was screaming for the timeout after the play, I wondered about this.. This makes sense

Albert Einswine

I was upset after the 46 yard reception got us down to the red zone that we had no sense of urgency to get to the line and run the offense.  We let too much time run off the clock for no apparent reason.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Houston h

We let the game clock run from 58 seconds to 39 seconds and then called a timeout....  no excuse for that but we did call a timeout with 8 seconds to play.  Watch the replay, even after the refs signalled timeout at 5, the clock ran to 3.