Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marshall Henderson, all things

Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2013, 06:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on February 13, 2013, 10:48:58 pm

He's the greatest thing Auburn has ever produced.

That gets better each time.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

PonderinHog

Quote from: secfan30 on February 13, 2013, 10:45:53 pm
It did seem like he became more focused and determined.
Whatever it takes - 220, 221...  I hope he stays pissed.

Ray Piggers

I like the other old man sitting next to him that doesn't even know where he's at
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

secfan30

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 13, 2013, 10:50:39 pm

Me too brother!

Rooster Hogburn

Was he taunting his own fans? What was the context?
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

GS99

Several years ago at Bud Walton some guy, I forget who, threw up an airball and the crowd kept up the "airball airball" chant the whole game even though the guy lit us up for about 40.  Sometimes it shakes the player up, sometimes it fires them up.  Either way, you gotta let it go after a couple times.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on February 13, 2013, 10:54:35 pm

Notice the crap ton of Auburn fans? lol

JonClaudeVanHam

I also really like the black guy whose smile just fades into view. Cracks me up.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

z1on

Haha look where someone throws a sign and hits a guy in the back of his head, then look at the facial expression of the girl behind him.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: z1on on February 13, 2013, 11:05:44 pm
Haha look where someone throws a sign and hits a guy in the back of his head, then look at the facial expression of the girl behind him.
saw that....hilarious.....why do they get all worked up over basketball ? oh, that's right, they have The Gus Bus now and are well on their way to kicking the Bammer's hiney.

ad: if you were a student stuck in Nowheresville, West Georgia, you'd be wanting to vent a little when you finally got out in public
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dogtown Donkey

Marshall Henderson plays for Ole Miss.

Nipsey Mussle

LOL! This post won't be on the Rooster highlight reel.

Danny J

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 13, 2013, 10:43:41 pm
Agreed, it was detrimental to them. BJ looked like he was playing to shut them up.
Well if that is the case then JL needs to send me to all the road games, dress me in the opposing teams gear and chant nasty stuff at BJ all night long.

Danny J

This post needs some serious analysis and research.  ;)

PonderinHog

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on February 13, 2013, 10:59:41 pm
Notice the crap ton of Auburn fans? lol

Ha, I thought that was an aubie player. Makes sense now. Why show a clip from auburn/ole miss?

SEC sports this thread?
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Danny J

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on February 14, 2013, 01:30:04 am
Ha, I thought that was an aubie player. Makes sense now. Why show a clip from auburn/ole miss?

SEC sports this thread?
He was trying to show the old man that was heckling us during the game being taunted in a different game by Marshall Henderson.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

chiefhawg

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 13, 2013, 11:01:34 pm
I also really like the black guy whose smile just fades into view. Cracks me up.
The black guy has a look like. You just wait until its time for your a** to get on the bus you arrogant MF.

Dogtown Donkey

SEC sports this thread?

Now that you know who Marshall Henderson is and what the context, try going back from the start of thread and you'll see why this belongs in Jump Ball.

mbgrulz

SEC sports this thread?
Read more post less?

Smithian

Creepy radio guys are creepy.

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: mbgrulz on February 14, 2013, 11:43:05 am
Read more post less?
ADD generation. Let me know how that works out for ya.

Stay classy.

Hoggish1

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 13, 2013, 11:01:34 pm

My favorite is the guy at the table with the beard.  He's really lovin' the show.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on February 14, 2013, 08:44:15 pm
ADD generation. Let me know how that works out for ya.

Stay classy.
Let's see...

Option A...say my bad, I didn't understand what y'all were talking about

Or...

Option B....try to make it someone else's fault that I stuck my foot in my mouth.

Keep quiet and they wonder if you're a fool...or open your mouth and leave no doubt.

LZH

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on February 13, 2013, 10:51:06 pm
I like the other old man sitting next to him that doesn't even know where he's at

:)

PORKULATOR

Wish that old guy would've got in Henderson's face. That kids a pr!ck.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Rooster Hogburn

February 15, 2013, 05:02:09 am #127 Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:29:47 pm by Rooster Hogburn
Quote from: mbgrulz on February 14, 2013, 10:16:16 pm
Let's see...

Option A...say my bad, I didn't understand what y'all were talking about

Or...

Option B....try to make it someone else's fault that I stuck my foot in my mouth.

Keep quiet and they wonder if you're a fool...or open your mouth and leave no doubt.
Notwithstanding your use of platitudes; futility at it's finest.

dhornjr1

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 13, 2013, 10:50:39 pm

Damn, man. Were we separated at birth?

Awesome "Mr. Mom" reference.

Ray Piggers

jbcarol

Marshall Henderson lobbies for Ole Miss co-ed running for Student Body Attorney General.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Marshall Henderson scored 18 points, Murphy Holloway added 16 and Mississippi beat Texas A&M 82-73 Wednesday night.

Ole Miss (21-7, 10-5 Southeastern Conference) earned another crucial win as it tries to solidify a case for the NCAA tournament. The Rebels haven't been to the Big Dance since 2002 -- the longest drought in the SEC.

Henderson hit five of his six 3-pointers in the second half to help the Rebels pull away after leading 37-31 at halftime.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/ole_miss_beats_texas_am_82-73.html
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Justintime75

Dude didnt have a lot to say when he was bricking 3's as his team was getting prison-raped in Columbia a couple of weeks ago. Payback is a bitch.

Also, find a clip of the brawl from the Mizzou/Ol Miss game and see if you can spot Henderson anywhere near the action. lol

jbcarol

Numbers to Know: Weekend Recap

Ugly Stat Line of the Weekend – Marshall Henderson, Ole Miss
The Rebels suffered an embarrassing 73-67 loss to Mississippi State, in part due to an erratic performance from Henderson. He finished 3-for-18 from beyond the arc. The last player to attempt that many and shoot so poorly in a conference game was Elijah Ingram, who went 2-for-20 for St. John's in 2003 against Syracuse.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/78087/numbers-to-know-weekend-recap-11

jbcarol

As Marshall Henderson goes, so goes Ole Miss

Henderson, who is averaging 19.5 points per game is averaging 23 points in the Rebels' 10 conference wins while shooting 40.25 percent from the field.

But in their six league defeats his stats haven't been the the same. He is shooting a tad more better than 30 percent from the field, going a combined 29-for-96 while averaging 16 per.

Coming off an embarrassing loss to arch-rival Mississippi State, which had lost 13 in a row, this past Saturday, Ole Miss coach said Andy Kennedy said his team will need Henderson to be on his game this week during Monday's coaches' teleconference.  The Rebels, who sit in fourth place in the conference, are set to play a pair of crucial games at Alabama Tuesday and at LSU Saturday in their final two regular season matchups.

"When your leading scorer isn't scoring at that rate, especially on the road, then you've got to have other guys step up," Kennedy said.

Kennedy continued: "I've always thought this. Your best players carry you on the road. Now, you role players can help you a little more at home. But you need your best players, your all-league caliber guys, to perform on the road. We've certainly struggled in that area."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/03/more_or_less_as_goes_marshall.html

jbcarol

Ole Miss leads Bama 68-52 with 5:30 to go in Oxford.

jbcarol

Marshall Henderson scored 22 points, Murphy Holloway added 16 and Ole Miss clinched a double bye for next week's SEC tourney with an 81-67 victory over LSU on Saturday.

The victory came on the heels of an 87-83 home victory over Alabama and capped a confidence-building week that the Rebels needed after a stunning 73-67 loss at Mississippi State last Saturday.

http://www.clarionledger.com/viewart/20130310/SPORTS030103/303100052/Ole-Miss-clinches-SEC-tourney-double-bye

jbcarol

March 12, 2013, 09:54:37 am #139 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:12:06 am by jbcarol
Andy Kennedy calls him the "most polarizing kid in all of college basketball."

On Monday, Mississippi sports media called him simply the best.

Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson was awarded the C Spire Howell Trophy, annually given to the state's top men's college basketball player.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130312/SPORTS030103/303120041/Ole-Miss-Henderson-adds-Howell-trophy-Mississippi-State-s-Alwal-wins-Gillom

Henderson also made the Coaches All-SEC 2nd Team.  The coaches vote on two eight-man teams.

jbcarol

marshall henderson ‏@NativeFlash22
JOHNNY O'BRYANT OVER MURPHY HOLLOWAY? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! JOB CANT EVEN HOLD MURPH'S JOCKSTRAP

Ole Miss media relations also relayed that this is the first time since 2001 that the SEC's leading scorer did not make the All-SEC First Team.

jbcarol

"I think we've just created a really big rivalry in the SEC between Ole Miss and Missouri," Henderson said. "That's good."

3kgthog

If he were my son, that punk wouldn't be able to sit for days. I'd still blister his hind parts at his age. Embarrass me and our family and I'll embarrass you right back.

jbcarol

Ole Miss' colorful Henderson hits big stage

"Obviously, the Marshall Henderson show is like the traveling circus," Kennedy after Sunday's win over Florida that locked up the program's first NCAA tournament berth since 2002. "It's up, it's down. We've got the high wire act over here, the ponies here, we got all kinds of nonsense going on, and he draws a lot of attention. He's a big shot maker."

Love him or hate him, Henderson can alter games in his hurry.

Now he'll try to help 12th-seeded Ole Miss (26-8) pull off a few upsets in its first trip to the Big Dance in more than a decade. First up is a game against No. 5 seed Wisconsin (23-11) on Friday in Kansas City, Mo.

Opponents and their fans may loathe Henderson, but his Ole Miss teammates don't have anything bad to say. Fifth-year senior Murphy Holloway said Henderson's moxie is one of the main reasons the Rebels have finally progressed from the NIT to the NCAA tournament.

"We've got the heart and we've got the will," Holloway said. "And we've got Marshall. He's gotten us over the hump."

All of the attention on Henderson has also revealed his checkered past...

http://djournal.com/view/full_story/22008300/article-Ole-Miss--colorful-Henderson-hits-big-stage

jbcarol

N.Y. Times finally poasts on "The Rebels' Loose Cannon"

Steve Green had seen it all before. The hand gestures. The histrionics. The nonstop conversation Marshall Henderson was having with himself.

Henderson was in the process of leading Mississippi to a Southeastern Conference tournament championship over Florida on Sunday, and Green, his former junior college coach, was watching the drama unfold on television. When Henderson made the curious decision to Gator-chomp in the general direction of thousands of opposing fans — with nearly eight minutes remaining in a close game — Green could feel himself turning nostalgic.

"I've never seen a guy draw the attention of an entire team like he does," said Green, the coach at South Plains...

A junior guard, Henderson is loud and colorful and borderline obnoxious. He shoots the basketball as if it were coated in molten lava, and he has turned the Rebels' surprising season into his own reality show. His next episode will be shown Friday when Ole Miss (26-8), the No. 12 seed in the West, faces No. 5 Wisconsin in Kansas City, Mo.

"The whole Marshall Henderson phenomenon — even I've been taken aback by that," Coach Andy Kennedy said. "It's like traveling with the Beatles."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/sports/ncaabasketball/marshall-henderson-leads-ole-miss-into-ncaa-tournament.html

jbcarol

marshall henderson ‏@NativeFlash22 20h kentuckys not afraid of the atmosphere, im almost positive they just dont wanna be there, i know i wouldnt wanna be playin in the NIT

https://twitter.com/NativeFlash22/status/314162676060278785

jbcarol

I spoke with basketball ops director Dayton Miller about what it's been like being chiefly responsible for getting Henderson to the locker room and away from cameras after the games. Normally an ops job is much more administrative in nature.

Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy had a very clear job description for Miller as it relates to Henderson.

"Every dead ball you better go get him if you want your job next year," Kennedy said.

Kennedy agrees that Henderson's behavior is a bit different. He also says that Henderson is not the only such player in this tournament and that there has been overreaction to some of his antics.

http://insideolemisssports.com/2013/03/21/henderson-from-ncaa-presser/
Link has access to video of Henderson's NCAA press conference interview