Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coach Possibility for Discussion

Started by pignatious, December 31, 2016, 10:40:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pignatious

What about paying the buyout and giving Brent Venables the job? Next year is going to be horrible and we could use it to upgrade recruiting. Flame away...
Freedom is never free.

longpig

Quote from: pignatious on December 31, 2016, 10:40:17 pm
What about paying the buyout and giving Brent Venables the job? Next year is going to be horrible and we could use it to upgrade recruiting. Flame away...

How are we going to afford a coach wrangler for him and pay the buyout?

Don't be scared, be smart.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

porkrindjimmy

This is not going to happen. He is here at least 2 more years unless HE decides to pull up stakes...and then and only then, it will not be Venables...

PRJ

hogblitz

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 31, 2016, 10:52:40 pm
This is not going to happen. He is here at least 2 more years unless HE decides to pull up stakes...and then and only then, it will not be Venables...

PRJ

I agree with most things that you have spoken concerning BB.  The one thing I disagree with is BB having 2 years.  I believe he has 1.  The last game shaved a year off in my opinion. 

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogblitz on December 31, 2016, 10:58:50 pm
I agree with most things that you have spoken concerning BB.  The one thing I disagree with is BB having 2 years.  I believe he has 1.  The last game shaved a year off in my opinion. 

As long as Jeff is here, I am afraid he gets 2. Maybe more than that...

PRJ

Arkansas Fan

I'd be for hiring him and seeing what he could do. Maybe he would bring some good coaches with him from Clemson.

RyeHogFan

GoHogs1091, is that you?

Sooie71923

"Upgrading recruiting" is a pipe dream.

We re getting the best we can. Elite players just do not want to play for Arkansas. Period.

hawgmasta

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm afraid it's 2 that's when buyout drops below 8 figures and even then it's still a healthy sum. But who knows hopefully he wins enough that it's a mute point.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bubba's Bruisers

So why hasn't Venables been a HC before?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

zuko

There should be no question about it and while they are doing it, get somebody for Mike Anderson as well. Tired of this stuff after a loss about "learning from it", c"mon man that shouldl be behind every body, amateur hour is over.; Obviously, the V Techj coach out coached Bielema. How do you blow a lead like that. All of the rhetoric reminds me of Allie Sherman when he was coaching the New York Giants and they just got their asses handed to them in a rout, In his post game press conference, he said " I saw some good things out there today" yea, but from who. Without playing the pushovers in the early schedules of both Basketball and Football, we stink.

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 31, 2016, 10:52:40 pm

PRJ

When's your boy Mike Anderson leaving??

jgphillips3

At least Anderson has some salty talent lining up over the next few years.  Football is stagnant with nothing obvious to give hope.  Maybe we'll get a new DC and at least have some reason for optimism.  Right now I have little reason to hope for anything better than 8 wins if recruiting doesn't heat up and new coaches come in.  It's almost a hopeless feeling.  There's still time for change before spring ball though.