Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Be nice until it's time not to be nice..

Started by hogfanmd, December 31, 2016, 01:59:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanmd

Yes I know an old quote from an old 80's movie but very applicable at this time.
It is time for coach b to not be nice.  He needs to get some fire and anger and needs to start holding himself, his assistants and players accountable and demand a higher level of excellence if he is to salvage this program and his career.   Due to be buyout He has a 2 -3 year window to do it,
I hope he doesn't squander it.  The clock is ticking
That is all

hawg IQ

I agree with you ! You know back in the petrino era, as a HC he openly displayed being unhappy with the player/coaches.  Same with Saban he shows it when he's unhappy. BB need to let the team/ other coaches see how this is not getting it done.
go hogs go !

Ironhawg

He needs a Harold Horton - type on his staff to be the disciplinarian to his good guy.  Of course, since we aren't around the team every day he may already have that person and we just don't know it.

Tusks

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 31, 2016, 03:24:25 pm
He needs a Harold Horton - type on his staff to be the disciplinarian to his good guy.  Of course, since we aren't around the team every day he may already have that person and we just don't know it.

He needs to know what to hell he's doing.

It tells you everything you need to know when Whisky's record is better after he left than when he was there and that's through a coaching change.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 31, 2016, 03:24:25 pm

How in the living hell did you conjure up this nonsense considering CBB runs one of the cleanest programs in the SEC? With a lack of arrest records and positive APR scores to prove it?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgphish

I have always heard that a team will take on the personality of its head coach.  So what is this team's personality?

hogfanmd

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 31, 2016, 03:40:59 pm
How in the living hell did you conjure up this nonsense considering CBB runs one of the cleanest programs in the SEC? With a lack of arrest records and positive APR scores to prove it?

I'm not talking about off the field problems.   I'm talking about on the field problems.   Unless 2017 and 2018 are a lot better then 2016 CBB may have the worst conference record of any razorback coach.

jcbville

I agree and I've been an ardent CBB supporter. Still think he's capable. But he's got to find that fire or his time here will be done soon. I can accept that we aren't an annual contender. But the last half of this season was questionable and the last 2 games specifically were unacceptable meltdowns and implosions.

PossumFan

Quote from: jcbville on December 31, 2016, 03:46:38 pm
I agree and I've been an ardent CBB supporter. Still think he's capable. But he's got to find that fire or his time here will be done soon. I can accept that we aren't an annual contender. But the last half of this season was questionable and the last 2 games specifically were unacceptable meltdowns and implosions.

This is exactly how I feel.

reddogjcss

You never see much emotion from any coach on side line, no coach trying to fire up the players, no players firing up other players. Just California surfer boy relaxed.
He'll get fired up.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 31, 2016, 03:40:59 pm

I'm talking about on the field not off the field.  Can you tell me seriously that we are a disciplined team on the field?

Sir Oinksalot

$4++Million a year with total job security, where is this sense of urgency ...?

live off the fat, middle finger ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...