Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson

Started by RebelW, December 31, 2016, 01:20:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Boared feet on December 31, 2016, 09:41:17 am
Exactly! CKA was given a line that was hurt by early departures, graduation & underclass failures to launch! Recruits respect his pedigree, and buy into his methodology in that process. Give him time to go get what he needs.

i'll give him the bare cupboard bail for a second. BUT, we didn't improve during the year with the exception of froholdt. individually, the players didn't improve or as a unit.

we didn't run the ball much against VT because we CAN'T.
The rest of the frog.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:55:32 am
Absolutely
ao you and the coaches have something in common. Character flaws.

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm thinking its way too early to be firing Anderson.  Many factors at play.  I will say that I'm usually suspicious of charismatic personality coaches, though.  We'll see how it goes, but it's ridiculous to be talking about firing him after just one season.  I'd be fine with dumping Segrest at this time.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 09:48:52 am
What kept Lunney from taking the stairs? He's in good shape, I guess, maybe because while he was getting there, the half would have been over? I'd find another reason to hate the coach, but I guess some have to justify their reasons.

Chaney needed Lunney to stay in case they didn't get the elevator running so he could eat him.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hawgon

Quote from: Boared feet on December 31, 2016, 09:58:29 am
That's funny. He seemed pretty confident about his well being the last time I talked to him. I think he feels pretty good about his body and the $$$ he earned with it. You cannot begin to understand the pressures that make one eat at his level. Probably because coaches have shoveled food down him for the last 20 years to make him reach his potential. Analyze that buddy!

Not eating is the easiest thing one can do.  But if he is confident in his well being and his abilities, I would say that he should find a mirror and watch some film.

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 10:00:41 am
ao you and the coaches have something in common. Character flaws.

Lots of them, but I don't have people who don't even know me getting mad trying to defend me on message boards.

longpig

That's funny. He seemed pretty confident about his well being the last time I talked to him. I think he feels pretty good about his body and the $$$ he earned with it. You cannot begin to understand the pressures that make one eat at his level. Probably because coaches have shoveled food down him for the last 20 years to make him reach his potential. Analyze that buddy!

Maybe if he did his own shoveling.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 31, 2016, 10:04:09 am
I'm thinking its way too early to be firing Anderson.  Many factors at play.  I will say that I'm usually suspicious of charismatic personality coaches, though.  We'll see how it goes, but it's ridiculous to be talking about firing him after just one season.  I'd be fine with dumping Segrest at this time.
[

this. being rah-rah and a good guy isn't the constant among successful coaches. it never has been.
The rest of the frog.

longpig

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 31, 2016, 09:59:40 am
i'll give him the bare cupboard bail for a second. BUT, we didn't improve during the year with the exception of froholdt. individually, the players didn't improve or as a unit.

we didn't run the ball much against VT because we CAN'T.

Bottom line is.  Mid season Coach Anderson ASSURED us the O line was tip top.  Was it? 

The man obviously doesn't know his job.

Boared feet

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 31, 2016, 10:09:15 am
[

this. being rah-rah and a good guy isn't the constant among successful coaches. it never has been.

He's forgot more about X's & O's than you will ever know. Let that sink in a minute..........

longpig

Yeh he's delusional about a lot of things, isn't he?

Boared feet

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 10:12:29 am
Yeh he's delusional about a lot of things, isn't he?

I bet you are a computer nerd, completely hopelessly athletically challenged. Go ahead and bash a proven winner JW.

PorkRinds

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 10:09:43 am
Bottom line is.  Mid season Coach Anderson ASSURED us the O line was tip top.  Was it? 

The man obviously doesn't know his job.

When did he say the OL was tip top? P

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 08:41:08 am
Kurt Anderson is sloppy fat. 

Dissect his coaching and results; same with CBB but it's amazing the amount of imbecilic references to their weight.  Can't make it through a single critical thread with the majority referring to CBB as fat.

The irony is that most of the fat talk comes from those who have no room to talk.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

longpig

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 10:18:55 am
When did he say the OL was tip top? P

tip top or a synonym of.  IIRC it was pre Florida.  He had a fresh haircut, rambled off on tangents as usual and  exuded confidence in the O line finally being complete.

Richard_white

We all knew going into the season that the OL was going to struggle.

For me personally I was shocked how poorly our defense was. Not just the scheme but we had problems with fundamentals, like tackling and positioning was just awful.

We need to get faster and fix the most basic stuff on defense.

longpig

Quote from: Boared feet on December 31, 2016, 10:16:53 am
I bet you are a computer nerd, completely hopelessly athletically challenged. Go ahead and bash a proven winner JW.

Not even close.  I bet you haven't seen your feet since 3rd grade. 

Boared feet

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 10:26:35 am
tip top or a synonym of.  IIRC it was pre Florida.  He had a fresh haircut, rambled off on tangents as usual and  exuded confidence in the O line finally being complete.

you got that ramble thing down too.

shshark00

Wait. Let me get this straight. The guy inherits a shallow, underperforming group of lineman. Finds a way to convert a defensive lineman into a pretty decent guard. Starts a walk on at the other guard. Has a center that was the highest graded out center in the country. Took all that and coached a line that (moderately) protected a 3000 yard passer and paved the way for a 1000 yard rusher and that's the guy we want to fire? He ain't perfect. He isn't the greatest. But for one season with what he inherited, he isn't even close to the top of the chopping block on assts I want to see gone first.

rude1

The question of weight of the coaches has reminded me of a question I always have had: "How can a coach who lacks self discipline with his own body, motivate players to get in the best of condition and to do that extra to get better"? How effective would a personal trainer with a belly hanging to his knees be in motivating someone to work their tails off to get in shape? I am trying to think of other successful coaches today who look like ours?

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Boared feet on December 31, 2016, 10:11:38 am
He's forgot more about X's & O's than you will ever know. Let that sink in a minute..........

that we're in complete agreement; what does that MEAN?
The rest of the frog.

longpig

Quote from: rude1 on December 31, 2016, 10:37:43 am
The question of weight of the coaches has reminded me of a question I always have had: "How can a coach who lacks self discipline with his own body, motivate players to get in the best of condition and to do that extra to get better"? How effective would a personal trainer with a belly hanging to his knees be in motivating someone to work their tails off to get in shape? I am trying to think of other successful coaches today who look like ours?

Exactly. Only place you see a lot of sloppy fat coaches is the NFL, not amateur sport at any level. 

PorkRinds

You "the problem is fat coaches" guys are absolutely clueless.  Talk about grasping at straws. 

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 10:45:17 am
You "the problem is fat coaches" guys are absolutely clueless.  Talk about grasping at straws.

Not "the problem" but rather a problem.  It is just indicative of the overall sloppiness and lack of attention to detail that seems to pervade our program at the present.

rude1

As the coach himself said, in light of what's been happening, EVERYTHING from A-Z needs to be evaluated!!!!

ricepig

Well, it's a strawman approach, they can't find something tangible, so they use someone's build as the reason for their faults.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 10:43:35 am
Exactly. Only place you see a lot of sloppy fat coaches is the NFL, not amateur sport at any level. 

Pittman anybody???

PonderinHog

jackflash

I don't know if we can't run the ball? but sure threw more than I expected this year.

Boared feet

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 10:46:51 am
Not "the problem" but rather a problem.  It is just indicative of the overall sloppiness and lack of attention to detail that seems to pervade our program at the present.

The meek shall inherit the earth...

Boared feet

codeHog

Quote from: rude1 on December 31, 2016, 09:45:34 am
Protected well in the first half, Vtech made adjustments and started bringing pressures from different locations and we could neither identify correctly when and where it was coming or we simply didn't get it picked up.

There is simply no strong figure to turn to when adversity hits, including the head coach, as he seems to be in his own world and just as bewildered as the players. You could see them tighten up the moment adversity hit, you could see the images of the Mo. game in their eyes. Austin Allen's look told it all, he had given in early in the 3rd quarter.
nailed it

Boared feet

Quote from: codeHog on December 31, 2016, 10:52:46 am
nailed it

Come on. We have seen this since pee wee through high school, if you don't have a solid leader on the field, when adversity hit's, there will be mayhem!. AA needs another year to be that on field leader, on D, same applies.

longpig

Quote from: rude1 on December 31, 2016, 10:47:59 am
As the coach himself said, in light of what's been happening, EVERYTHING from A-Z needs to be evaluated!!!!

And S is for sloppy, F is for fat.

Boared feet

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 10:48:46 am
Pittman anybody???

Kirby is going for that professional look.

Mo_Better_Hogs

We need improvement on the O-Line! And that (could) include coaching. I'd make a change there.

I just heard Mark May (once a blowhard, now I miss seeing him more often) talk about the offensive line. He said it's the only group where all 5 players have to be on the same page with their communication. They have to function as one cohesive unit. Was that us?

We overlook our run blocking flaws because we had the top rusher in the SEC. But if I put a highlight tape together of their WORST moments, like vs A&M at the goal line, it would look as bad as anyone in the country. Same for our pass blocking. Austin was great most (first half+) of the season, but everyone talked about the price he paid. And how he got plastered. What was our problem(s)? Wrong type of player? Poor technique?

Next year cannot be a repeat of this year.

farmhawg

What a wonderful thread!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: farmhawg on December 31, 2016, 12:29:52 pm
What a wonderful thread!

Like MOST of them on Hogville right now.

Big Boi

Kurt can't suit up and do it himself. The talent isn't there and thats not on him either.  Lots of peoples issues aren't 100% his fault.

longpig

311Hog

VT started stemming their DL in the 2nd half and some of our OL only have a "beginners" understanding of OL concepts and calls and could not adjust "on the fly" nor when they got to the sidelines.  I honestly do blame Kurt Anderson some, and other blame falls on the inability and frankly in experience by one OL in particular yes he was hurt and yes he has improved a lot, but it takes YEARS to master playing the OL it isn't something you can simply do in a season.  That kid should never have been thrown into the starting spot, I just hope the trial by fire will pay dividends next season.

hawgon

Quote from: 311Hog on December 31, 2016, 01:35:31 pm
VT started stemming their DL in the 2nd half and some of our OL only have a "beginners" understanding of OL concepts and calls and could not adjust "on the fly" nor when they got to the sidelines.  I honestly do blame Kurt Anderson some, and other blame falls on the inability and frankly in experience by one OL in particular yes he was hurt and yes he has improved a lot, but it takes YEARS to master playing the OL it isn't something you can simply do in a season.  That kid should never have been thrown into the starting spot, I just hope the trial by fire will pay dividends next season.

I've wondered if that particular lineman wasn't the focus of Allen's obvious dissatisfaction with the staff.  He was back there getting absolutely pounded game after game while Bielema's and Anderson's science experiment was spinning around looking for someone to block.

Hollywood_HOGan45

After the last two games I'm not against all the coaches including bielema getting the ax.

farmhawg

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on December 31, 2016, 12:54:49 pm
Like MOST of them on Hogville right now.
So negative, hope you get better.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 09:02:24 am
Well he is and his position plays like he looks.  Sloppy

You have not been around many football teams, have you.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 10:43:35 am

You are making up darn. Stop.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Looking fwd to see what our oline evolves into.  This will be the deciding factor.   If it doesn't get much better and deeper this won't end well. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 31, 2016, 08:30:16 am
Kurt Anderson was left a mess on the offensive line due to poor o-line recruiting and development from Pittman and Bielema.

He turned a defensive lineman into a pretty decent OG, and had to put a walk on at the other OG. I actually think Kurt Anderson and done a good job with what he had. They look much better at the end of the year than they did against Louisiana Tech.

I agree
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorbackers

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 09:02:24 am
Well he is and his position plays like he looks.  Sloppy

Your posts are as good as Bret is tiny.