Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson

Started by RebelW, December 31, 2016, 01:20:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moto625

The Oline will not get better next year, it will be  probably about the same. Each Oline player coming in is a development Guy no instant help.
Really doesn't matter the coach if you don't have the guys.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 09:27:22 am
I prefer the Twinkie on a string theory.

You know Ponder I was thinking about a HOHO on a string!  8)

But twinkie on a string is classic!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

longpig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 31, 2016, 03:58:48 pm
You are making up darn. Stop.

Not making anything up. There's a lot more endomorphics on NFL sidelines than college. 

Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 31, 2016, 03:56:14 pm
You have not been around many football teams, have you.

Apparently you have, and can rattle off a bunch of assistant coaches names who are equally as out of shape as our O line coach. 

I'll wait.   

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 05:44:08 pm
Not making anything up. There's a lot more endomorphics on NFL sidelines than college. 

So we are to assume you are another Adonis or are you a kettle calling out the pots?
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

longpig

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on December 31, 2016, 06:41:27 pm
So we are to assume you are another Adonis or are you a kettle calling out the pots?

Meet me at Alma Sonic for a foot race.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 06:47:23 pm

Here you're bring feet to a bike race????

Darren DeLoach

Awesome! I will be down for the Hog-eye Marathon in April....we will see then, if you show. Finding me is easy. I am who I say I am.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

The OTR

college football players eat enormous amounts of food by necessity

after their career is over, it's not easy to turn that off

ricepig

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on December 31, 2016, 07:00:28 pm
college football players eat enormous amounts of food by necessity

after their career is over, it's not easy to turn that off
I knew I should have played for Broyles and Holtz, I'd have an excuse now.

Darren DeLoach

December 31, 2016, 07:11:48 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:23:26 pm by Darren DeLoach (semohawg)
 :)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Here's all you need to know. Auburn needed a new OL coach and hired Herb Hand away from Penn State. Bielema needed to replace a guy with 20+ years experience and hired a kid whose total college experience was a few years at moribund EMU and was an assistant to the assistant at the NFL level. Anderson is the least experienced OL coach in the conference and it's not even close. You do not hire someone to learn OTJ in the SEC.  And if talent is thin and experience lacking all the more reason to hire a veteran coach who has been there and done that not someone whose greatest claim to fame is mic drop emojis
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 31, 2016, 07:17:42 pm
Here's all you need to know. Auburn needed a new OL coach and hired Herb Hand away from Penn State. Bielema needed to replace a guy with 20+ years experience and hired a kid whose total college experience was a few years at moribund EMU and was an assistant to the assistant at the NFL level. Anderson is the least experienced OL coach in the conference and it's not even close. You do not hire someone to learn OTJ in the SEC.  And if talent is thin and experience lacking all the more reason to hire a veteran coach who has been there and done that not someone whose greatest claim to fame is mic drop emojis

That's about the whole story.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 06:06:59 pm
  Apparently you have, and can rattle off a bunch of assistant coaches names who are equally as out of shape as our O line coach. 

I'll wait.   

Have you looked at the Georgia sideline anytime recently?

Thanks for confirming your ignorance.
[CENSORED]!

Nashville Fan

Fire a guy that is trying to solve a 6 year old problem in 11 months? That shows a lot of thought. Probably thought Pittman was doing a good job too.
Pittman or Bust!

lakecityhog

Biggus,
That is one of BB's idiosyncrasies that just drive me up a wall. Sometimes he comes up with an assistant and you go WOW!(Enos/Rhodes) And the next time, he hires some guy that no one has ever even heard of and you go WOW!(Segrest/Anderson) I'm of the opinion that Enos/Rhodes both kinda fell into his lap! Segrest and Anderson were the guys that he searched out.

Bama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, ATM and a lot of other successful schools find themselves looking for an assistant and immediately look around for THEIR IDEA OF THE BEST GUY AT THAT POSITION and go after him. It doesn't matter if he has a good job or not, it doesn't matter if he works for a conference or division foe or not, those teams go after the BEST!

longpig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 31, 2016, 07:56:46 pm
Have you looked at the Georgia sideline anytime recently?

Thanks for confirming your ignorance.

Lol the buffet brothers all you can come up with? 

You're ignorant of assistant coaches not recently associated with the U of A apparently.

Those two old hands aren't even sloppy fat like young Kurt, they're just fat. 

The Kig

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 07:02:11 pm
I knew I should have played for Broyles and Holtz, I'd have an excuse now.

Ha! Well played. 

I ran distance (Mile, 5,000) in HS and College and now look like an Offensive lineman (well, we weigh about the same...distribution varies).  Showed my daughter a pic of me with a post race trophy from college and she said, "who's that"? 
Poker Porker

lakecityhog

I wonder what would have happened if we had called Bama's O'Line coach when Pittman left?
Would Saban have just laughed or would he have gotten all fired up?

reddogjcss

All defensive coaches, OL coach, need to go today and give others a chance! Got to be an improvement, don't think it can be any worse

hawginbigd1

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 09:12:49 am
Exactly.  It's one thing to be a big ol boy but it's another to be sloppy fat.  How are players supposed to buy into exercising and eating right so they perform at their best on Saturday when their coach can't be bothered to do so himself?  He should be driving for J.B. Hunt not coaching.
Post after post from you screams you have trouble adulting!

Styflin

Pretty sure Anderson was recommended by Dan Enos.

Iwastherein1969

should have never been HIRED...I can see him just tearing up the platter of enchiladas and the dessert section of the players cafeteria...dude is eating up the profits
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 01, 2017, 03:54:51 pm
should have never been HIRED...I can see him just tearing up the platter of enchiladas and the dessert section of the players cafeteria...dude is eating up the profits

I was nervous when...

1. We hired him away from Rex Ryan, a mouthy undisciplined coach.  If I'm not mistaken, Anderson wasn't even the OL coach in Buffalo, but like the assistant to the OL coach.  Could be wrong there.

2. When he immediately jumped into the social media stuff upon arrival.  I have trouble trusting charismatic coaches.

Still, too early to change anything I'd say.  Maybe he's actually awesome, but he as nothing to work with.  Which begs the question...
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Styflin on January 01, 2017, 03:39:25 pm
Pretty sure Anderson was recommended by Dan Enos.

Not sure he was recommend by Enos. But he certainly approved the hire based in his comments.

Enos did recommend Reggie Mitchell

jgphillips3

I'm for giving him a second year, but with a short leash.  If we don't see marked improvement by the end of next year, go get a veteran line coach.

nchogg

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on December 31, 2016, 10:23:26 am
Dissect his coaching and results; same with CBB but it's amazing the amount of imbecilic references to their weight.  Can't make it through a single critical thread with the majority referring to CBB as fat.

The irony is that most of the fat talk comes from those who have no room to talk.
Sounds about right. I'm perfect weight for height according to my Doctor.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 01, 2017, 04:00:54 pm
I was nervous when...

1. We hired him away from Rex Ryan, a mouthy undisciplined coach.  If I'm not mistaken, Anderson wasn't even the OL coach in Buffalo, but like the assistant to the OL coach.  Could be wrong there.

2. When he immediately jumped into the social media stuff upon arrival.  I have trouble trusting charismatic coaches.

Still, too early to change anything I'd say.  Maybe he's actually awesome, but he as nothing to work with.  Which begs the question...

You are not mistaken he was the assistant to the assistant at Buffalo. His sole body of collegiate work is 4 years at Eastern Michigan a program not known for recruiting or developing talent or winning for that matter.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rhames

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 01, 2017, 06:15:34 pm
You are not mistaken he was the assistant to the assistant at Buffalo. His sole body of collegiate work is 4 years at Eastern Michigan a program not known for recruiting or developing talent or winning for that matter.

Assistant regional manager or assistant to the regional manager??
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rhames on January 01, 2017, 06:21:56 pm

Assistant regional manager or assistant to the regional manager??

Exactly although in this instance you aren't getting an NFL OLine coach you are getting the guy below him. The semantics don't matter as much I add the "to the" for irony and to emphasize the point

rhames

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 01, 2017, 06:32:33 pm
Exactly although in this instance you aren't getting an NFL OLine coach you are getting the guy below him. The semantics don't matter as much I add the "to the" for irony and to emphasize the point

Uhhh with your name and avatar I hope you got the reference

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hawgon

Well, he did play on the Oline at Meatchicken.  What's one more Yankee Big 10 coach on the staff?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rhames on January 01, 2017, 06:36:18 pm

Uhhh with your name and avatar I hope you got the reference

Uhhhh that's why I included "irony" in my reply and "to the" whenever talking about Baby Huey

Styflin

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 01, 2017, 04:01:17 pm
Not sure he was recommend by Enos. But he certainly approved the hire based in his comments.

Enos did recommend Reggie Mitchell

Unless I am mistaken, Enos coached against Anderson (EMU) and suggested him to BB. He is not a good fit.

rhames

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 01, 2017, 06:52:06 pm
Uhhhh that's why I included "irony" in my reply and "to the" whenever talking about Baby Huey

Just making sure.

tophawg19

the problem with hiring a NFL coach is that they are used to having their players 40+ hours a week .And you have their undivided attention to work on film and details . College kids on the other hand are only allowed 20 hours and have class and studies to distract them. Plus many are young and learning a position. NFL coaches often don't translate well to college because They struggle to ''dumb'' down what they teach to fit in 20 hours . And often their coaching style doesn't fit with kids fresh out of high school who haven't had that much actual high level position coaching and often relied more on athletic ability instead of skill and technique
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

King Kong

Quote from: Styflin on January 01, 2017, 06:57:51 pm
Unless I am mistaken, Enos coached against Anderson (EMU) and suggested him to BB. He is not a good fit.

Enos didn't recommend him. But he did coach against him and had no issues with the hire.

Anderson was already one CBB's list a Rex Ryan some others thought he was a Oline super star in the making after his 6 game stint as Head Oline coach with the Bills

King Kong

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 01, 2017, 07:36:23 pm
the problem with hiring a NFL coach is that they are used to having their players 40+ hours a week .And you have their undivided attention to work on film and details . College kids on the other hand are only allowed 20 hours and have class and studies to distract them. Plus many are young and learning a position. NFL coaches often don't translate well to college because They struggle to ''dumb'' down what they teach to fit in 20 hours . And often their coaching style doesn't fit with kids fresh out of high school who haven't had that much actual high level position coaching and often relied more on athletic ability instead of skill and technique

I agree with this.

Not to saying some coaches can't make the adjustment but not all do.

Cam Cameron was a pretty successful NFL OC. We all saw how terrible he was at LSU