Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson

Started by RebelW, December 31, 2016, 01:20:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

.. Has got to go. Watched the game again. The OL in the second half the past few games.. Instead of coming together they have declined. If you can't Protect AA we can't beat anybody in the second half.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RebelW on December 31, 2016, 01:20:45 am
.. Has got to go. Watched the game again. The OL in the second half the past few games.. Instead of coming together they have declined. If you can't Protect AA we can't beat anybody in the second half.
I am not sure about that, and since you watched again, did you happen to notice how much drifting too deep and moving into trouble the QB did that makes the game much harder on OL and RBs to protect a QB?

Or when the QB doesn't see a CB blitz that there is nobody available to pick up get an intentional grounding call and take a hit he didn't need to.

311Hog

sorry but I agree with this. A lot of ppl are on Austin Allen and yes he flipped a coin at half time and went to shiet, but the OL is REALLY messed up. They aren't just getting beat they are getting blown up and blown by that is of course if they aren't jumping off sides or completely letting Def players run free.  I am sorry but our OL has major weaknesses and I for one am not surprised Allen is gun shy.

tophawg19

we can't use the deep ball because they are getting beat so much and it isn't just 1 guy either
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

Quote from: RebelW on December 31, 2016, 01:20:45 am

He has disappointed me more than any other coach on the staff and that's saying a lot given a couple coaches on the D side of the ball...

Hoggish1

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 31, 2016, 01:47:30 am
we can't use the deep ball because they are getting beat so much and it isn't just 1 guy either

We used the deep ball right after their first TD.  Did you take a potty break during it?

havok

If Kurt  keeps his Job, we know for a certainty that Coach B did not do that review of everything top to bottom he promised.  Of course he also promised that the team was NOT going to have the Patented every game 2nd half Meltdown that has become the trademark of the team this year.  But on Cue as if it were scripted.. everything fell apart 2nd half.

The_Iceman

Kurt Anderson was left a mess on the offensive line due to poor o-line recruiting and development from Pittman and Bielema.

He turned a defensive lineman into a pretty decent OG, and had to put a walk on at the other OG. I actually think Kurt Anderson and done a good job with what he had. They look much better at the end of the year than they did against Louisiana Tech.

longpig

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 31, 2016, 08:30:16 am
Kurt Anderson was left a mess on the offensive line due to poor o-line recruiting and development from Pittman and Bielema.

He turned a defensive lineman into a pretty decent OG, and had to put a walk on at the other OG. I actually think Kurt Anderson and done a good job with what he had. They look much better at the end of the year than they did against Louisiana Tech.

Looked better in the 2nd half of Mizzou and VTech?  I don't know the stats but am guessing they played as badly or worse than they have all season in those two halves.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Kurt Anderson is sloppy fat. 

BILLYBOB

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 08:41:08 am
Kurt Anderson is sloppy fat. 

This isn't at all necessary. When you post personal stuff like this, it shows your complete lack of maturity and class.  You're waving a giant flag that says "Hey look everybody, I'm kind of a dumb-a$$".
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

rhames

Guy isn't working with much. He wanted Gibson to play earlier but Bret didn't give until the Florida game.

I think out of all the coaches to breath fire at maybe give the guy that's been here for 11 months a little break.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rhames on December 31, 2016, 08:54:58 am
Guy isn't working with much. He wanted Gibson to play earlier but Bret didn't give until the Florida game.

I think out of all the coaches to breath fire at maybe leave the guy that's been here for 11 months a little break.

Two things: 1.  Fanonthehill has expressed complete confidence in him.  2.  See above.

longpig

Quote from: BILLYBOB on December 31, 2016, 08:50:05 am
This isn't at all necessary. When you post personal stuff like this, it shows your complete lack of maturity and class.  You're waving a giant flag that says "Hey look everybody, I'm kind of a dumb-a$$".

Well he is and his position plays like he looks.  Sloppy

SquidBilly

I agree with you but there is something to be said about this.  The players see two of our coaches, our HC and OL, that don't exhibit a lot of discipline in how they take care of themselves yet demand discipline and extra effort from their players.  CBB is never going to be tiny but he can get rid of the excess fat.  He has access to some of the best training facilities in the country and nutritionists who could help him, so he needs to do it and ask coach Anderson to join him.  The respect he'd gain from the team through seeing his hard work would be worth it.

ricepig

Well, he resembles that.....

ricepig

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 31, 2016, 09:03:42 am
I agree with you but there is something to be said about this.  The players see two of our coaches, our HC and OL, that don't exhibit a lot of discipline in how they take care of themselves yet demand discipline and extra effort from their players.  CBB is never going to be tiny but he can get rid of the excess fat.  He has access to some of the best training facilities in the country and nutritionists who could help him, so he needs to do it and ask coach Anderson to join him.  The respect he'd gain from the team through seeing his hard work would be worth it.

Chaney and Pittman weren't Greek goddess either, but they seem to be well respected in the coaching community. I think people are looking for any fault to throw on the staff to see if it sticks. Now, he may not be able to coach a lick, but I doubt his weight is keeping him from that.

longpig

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 31, 2016, 09:03:42 am

Exactly.  It's one thing to be a big ol boy but it's another to be sloppy fat.  How are players supposed to buy into exercising and eating right so they perform at their best on Saturday when their coach can't be bothered to do so himself?  He should be driving for J.B. Hunt not coaching.

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 09:07:50 am
Chaney and Pittman weren't Greek goddess either, but they seem to be well respected in the coaching community. I think people are looking for any fault to throw on the staff to see if it sticks. Now, he may not be able to coach a lick, but I doubt his weight is keeping him from that.

I disagree. It's no mystery that it takes physical and mental energy and sharpness to coach well and being  grossly obese takes away from that.  However well Anderson, Pittman or Chaney are doing their jobs, they could do it a whole lot better 100 lb lighter.

ricepig

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 09:16:30 am
I disagree. It's no mystery that it takes physical and mental energy and sharpness to coach well and being  grossly obese takes away from that.  However well Anderson, Pittman or Chaney are doing their jobs, they could do it a whole lot better 100 lb lighter.

Well, that's a theory.

King Kong

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 09:16:30 am

So why did Mangino become a worse coach after he lost the weight?

RebelW

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 31, 2016, 01:37:30 am
I am not sure about that, and since you watched again, did you happen to notice how much drifting too deep and moving into trouble the QB did that makes the game much harder on OL and RBs to protect a QB?

Or when the QB doesn't see a CB blitz that there is nobody available to pick up get an intentional grounding call and take a hit he didn't need to.
Yes he did drift, BUT that has nothing to do with not being able to run the football ALL game. And another thing. The way Gibson has played (pretty impressive compared to everyone else that played LG) he should have never had to walk into CBB office and beg.

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on December 31, 2016, 09:22:32 am

He was thinking about those cupcakes, instead of X's and O's......

farmhawg

Right on.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 09:19:15 am
Well, that's a theory.
I prefer the Twinkie on a string theory.

nchogg

This is not just Anderson. Watching the first 1/2 again I only saw 1 run play that had really good yardage. There are so many missed blocks also. Coach E has been hyped about play calling, even by me and only when we throw the ball do we get first down. Majority of the time we run on first and second down and when we do on third we kick on 4th. This is effort on both offense and defense and I don't see a lot of it. I saw BA last year take control of his offense and he had to pay the price. AA took a beating also this year and don't blame him if he does not want his body to take the beating BA did to win a game, it's not worth it. Damn protect the QB. Very seldom does the offense do that and the defense sure as hell can't put pressure on a QB.

longpig

Quote from: King Kong on December 31, 2016, 09:22:32 am

Permanent brain damage from clogged arteries. 

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 09:27:22 am
I prefer the Twinkie on a string theory.

I think it would take the whole box, us fat people don't stoop down that low for just one Twinkie......

SquidBilly

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 09:07:50 am

Chaney got stuck in the press box at Auburn and was unable to make it to the locker room because it would have killed him to take the stairs.  We have a HC that falls asleep in meetings.  You think he does that if he were in better physical shape?  Saban doesn't fall asleep in meetings I can assure you.  Do you think CBB would tolerate a player sleeping through a meeting?

carolinahogger

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 09:00:41 am
Two things: 1.  Fanonthehill has expressed complete confidence in him.  2.  See above.

So what?  Do you think that a person who is known to be a player's father would attack his son's coach?  That will never happen unless there is a big personal issue.

ballz2thewall

he's spot on with his observation. lack of maturity and class? lardassness is rarely inspiring among athletes. at the least is it a constant contradiction.
The rest of the frog.

PonderinHog

Quote from: carolinahogger on December 31, 2016, 09:35:24 am
So what?  Do you think that a person who is known to be a player's father would attack his son's coach?  That will never happen unless there is a big personal issue.
If he had no confidence, he would probably say nothing on this board.  Who knows?

Boared feet

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 31, 2016, 08:30:16 am

Exactly! CKA was given a line that was hurt by early departures, graduation & underclass failures to launch! Recruits respect his pedigree, and buy into his methodology in that process. Give him time to go get what he needs. 

hawgon

Being sloppy fat without a medical condition is a physical manifestation of a character flaw.

Hawghiggs

Anderson is one of about five coaching changes that need to happen.

Boared feet

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 31, 2016, 09:42:42 am
Anderson is one of about five coaching changes that need to happen.

Clueless!

rude1

Protected well in the first half, Vtech made adjustments and started bringing pressures from different locations and we could neither identify correctly when and where it was coming or we simply didn't get it picked up.

There is simply no strong figure to turn to when adversity hits, including the head coach, as he seems to be in his own world and just as bewildered as the players. You could see them tighten up the moment adversity hit, you could see the images of the Mo. game in their eyes. Austin Allen's look told it all, he had given in early in the 3rd quarter.

Boared feet

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:42:19 am
Being sloppy fat without a medical condition is a physical manifestation of a character flaw.

your post re veils your character flaw

hawgon

Quote from: Boared feet on December 31, 2016, 09:46:00 am
your post re veils your character flaw

That's fine, but losing forty or fifty pounds and keeping it off is the easiest thing in the world one can do to look better and feel better.  When one doesn't do it, it can only be assume that one likes being sloppy fat. 

ricepig

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 31, 2016, 09:34:43 am
Chaney got stuck in the press box at Auburn and was unable to make it to the locker room because it would have killed him to take the stairs.  We have a HC that falls asleep in meetings.  You think he does that if he were in better physical shape?  Saban doesn't fall asleep in meetings I can assure you.  Do you think CBB would tolerate a player sleeping through a meeting?

What kept Lunney from taking the stairs? He's in good shape, I guess, maybe because while he was getting there, the half would have been over? I'd find another reason to hate the coach, but I guess some have to justify their reasons.

hogatheart

I'm not 100℅ convinced it's Anderson just yet. I believe CBB's mindset has been to recruit huge oline guys but it may possibly be, we are too big and too slow. The humongous overpowering thing has got us stuffed alot this year and slow feet may be the problem as to why AA has been on his back alot. Just a thought.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: RebelW on December 31, 2016, 09:22:43 am
Yes he did drift, BUT that has nothing to do with not being able to run the football ALL game. And another thing. The way Gibson has played (pretty impressive compared to everyone else that played LG) he should have never had to walk into CBB office and beg.

good point. we've all played ball [most of us] and know about hidden gems. but really, people with skills aren't all that hidden. it is highly unlikely that gibson's skills didn't show in practice, and regularly at that.

coaches can be the idiot in the village. some will recall our famous qb, greg thomas, from the 80's; our first black qb. the guy was SLOOOOOOW. so slow in fact, that the crowd [student section] protested loudly and specifically during a home game in fayetteville. the protest had been building all year. FINALLY hatfield put grovey in; the rest is history. greg thomas was never heard of again.

coaching at this level is supposed to be sophisticated. critical thinking skills are a must. austin allen is a fine qb, and has had his body abused all season. after most plays, the line looks like peasants wondering what happened after being overrun by skilled, organized roman soldiers.

just look at them looking at each other.........you can see it. "what the hell, man; i thought YOU had that guy...."
The rest of the frog.

Hawghiggs

PorkRinds

It's hard to understand how two former linemen are a bit heavy, huh? You people are disgraceful.  Talk about their coaching, but leave the personal crap out of it. Their physique has nothing to do with the team's performance. Not a single thing.  You're piling on necause you're pissed and can't control your mouth.  Acting like you are is a manifestation of a character flaw.

hawgon

If you put together 30 seconds of video to encapsulate our season, I'm sure you could compile that much footage of Froholdt spinning around looking for someone to block while the guy he was supposed to be blocking was treating Austin Allen like a new fish in prison.

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 09:50:56 am
It's hard to understand how two former linemen are a bit heavy, huh? You people are disgraceful.  Talk about their coaching, but leave the personal crap out of it. Their physique has nothing to do with the team's performance. Not a single thing.  You're piling on necause you're pissed and can't control your mouth.  Acting like you are is a manifestation of a character flaw.

Nope, being fat is a character flaw.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:54:34 am
Nope, being fat is a character flaw.

So is being an [CENSORED].

hawgon

PonderinHog

Boared feet

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 09:48:38 am
That's fine, but losing forty or fifty pounds and keeping it off is the easiest thing in the world one can do to look better and feel better.  When one doesn't do it, it can only be assume that one likes being sloppy fat.

That's funny. He seemed pretty confident about his well being the last time I talked to him. I think he feels pretty good about his body and the $$$ he earned with it. You cannot begin to understand the pressures that make one eat at his level. Probably because coaches have shoveled food down him for the last 20 years to make him reach his potential. Analyze that buddy!