Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ya'll got him "flinching"

Started by snoot hoggy hog, December 30, 2016, 11:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JOKERHOG

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 09:50:16 am
Stfu?  He was in a press conference..........that's where coaches, ya know, talk
n

Then big boy needs shorter press conferences
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 31, 2016, 11:34:15 am
Comforting to know he still doesn't have a clue what happened even after the Missouri game. I guess if problems don't magically go away you have to do ya one of them inventories to make such you got all your parts including that character thingamajig.

perhaps i'm alone in this thought, but for years it has appeared to me that cbb's body language, etc., gives him the appearance of confronting a huge mystery when things don't go well. perhaps this is due to the raging debate on the headset..........i dunno......
The rest of the frog.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 11:37:45 am
Yeah its horrible when a new hire in major college football proclaims he's here to win the conference. He should have said he was here to make a bowl game every year, I'm sure the mental midgets would have loved that

Prob wasn't entirely smart considering our competition in this conference and the fact we've never actually won one in the SEC outright.

He severely underestimated what he was getting into here and now he's written checks with his mouth that he can't deliver.

My point is I'd be cautious of doing that from here on if I were him.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 11:37:51 am
Or speak softly and carry a big hammer...

Haha, "keep it PG, keep it PG"... ;D

JOKERHOG

Quote from: lutherheggs on December 31, 2016, 10:00:39 am
Fact is, Bielema has a losing overall record in 4 full seasons. Fact is, he is 10-22 in SEC play in 4 seasons. You are what your record says you are. No excuses.

apparently many are happy with 2.5 sec wins per year
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 31, 2016, 10:46:19 am
There's a time to fight for your team as a coach by arguing with the refs (like taking a tech in basketball to fire the players up) and then there's a time when you just STFU. We had one of those "should have STFU" moments in the second quarter in the Belk Bowl. When Bielema spent a full 10 minutes arguing the holding penalty when we punted. Yes, we won the battle right there, but lost the war. For it was at that moment that the game turned on a dime. The Hokie defense took it personally and their fans got fired up and yes, they didn't score off of the Bielema filibuster as they missed a FG before half. But their defense came out with fire in their eyes in the second half and we started giving up points in droves. Every now and then, maybe just maybe when you are 24 up and all is going well, there comes a time to leave well enough alone. IMO, the whole game changed on the play in which Bielema spent a good 10 minutes on the field arguing with the referees.

I'm confused...so...he shouldn't have argued a horrible call...? He should've just said "Nah guys...we're up by 24. It'll be ok. Just let that one go."...?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:44:16 am
Prob wasn't entirely smart considering our competition in this conference and the fact we've never actually won one in the SEC outright.

He severely underestimated what he was getting into here and now he's written checks with his mouth that he can't deliver.

And that's what he said, he wanted to bring something here that has never been done before, and everyone cheered, you included.
So out of one side of your mouth you are pissed we aren't winning enough for you, then out the other you say our coach should never have championship goals because of our history

Seems legit
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ballz2thewall

it seems that he's a great camp counselor; that's about it.
The rest of the frog.

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:38:21 am
Alright grammar nazi I fat fingered it.

Shtick.

Better?

No idea about the Nazi thing, it was a serious question.  Stop being so emotional, it's spooky. Act like an adult talking about a hobby, not a life or death situation
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

PonderinHog

greenEGnHAWGS

I just want to hear what YOU would've said? Or even what he SHOULD'VE said. And please, don't give the "I don't get paid to figure that out" since you obviously know everything that is wrong to do.

This is what kills me about our fans. Everyone seems to blast our coach for bringing excitement when he took the job, and answering questions during a press conference.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PonderinHog

How about this gem?  "National championship under construction!"

lefty08

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 31, 2016, 11:50:58 am
I just want to hear what YOU would've said? Or even what he SHOULD'VE said. And please, don't give the "I don't get paid to figure that out" since you obviously know everything that is wrong to do.

This is what kills me about our fans. Everyone seems to blast our coach for bringing excitement when he took the job, and answering questions during a press conference.

If you haven't figured it out yet, our fanbase sucks, especially when comparing support with our conference foes

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hognspace on December 31, 2016, 09:35:56 am
We have heard all his crap before.  Time to stfu and show the fans some results.  All this pos does is talk a good game.  He is like Nutt...but Nutt was at least an Arkansas boy and did love the Hogs.  Did anyone watch Michigan last night?  They lost... but if our losses looked like that I could get Behind the coach.  His teams don't play with that passion for the game refuse to lose. That is why I am done with Beliema.

Nutt was never analytical as Bielema is when it came to the game itself, only when it came to how he manipulated JFB, the media, and the power brokers.

Unlike Nutt, I have no doubt CBB will see what he needs to do.  The question comes with what he chooses to do when the answers he gets conflict with his what's got him success in the past.

There really is no way to know the answer now but if he doesn't adapt in the next two years it's likely he never will and we will all be marking time as we were with Nutt the last half of his tenure.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 31, 2016, 11:54:10 am
Nutt was never analytical as Bielema is when it came to the game itself, only when it came to how he manipulated JFB, the media, and the power brokers.

Unlike Nutt, I have no doubt CBB will see what he needs to do.  The question comes with what he chooses to do when the answers he gets conflict with his what's got him success in the past.

There really is no way to know the answer now but if he doesn't adapt in the next two years it's likely he never will and we will all be marking time as we were with Nutt the last half of his tenure.

since we're comparing the two

whatever you wanna say about nutt, at the least he appeared to have a much better "feel" for the game. cbb seems clueless at times. i can think of two recent games where..............
The rest of the frog.

farmhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 11:49:15 am
You missed my better effort.   ;D
Not his fault, it was less than 3 seconds soooooooooo
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 11:52:30 am
How about this gem?  "National championship under construction!"
I like it! Tweet him or twitter him or whatever that is.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 11:47:29 am
And that's what he said, he wanted to bring something here that has never been done before, and everyone cheered, you included.
So out of one side of your mouth you are pissed me aren't winning enough for you, then out the other you say our coach should never have championship goals because of our history

Seems legit

Yo Nostradamus you don't know what I thought.

I actually thought "that's gonna be a challenge, hope he's right" but no I didn't cheer that comment because I full well knew how hard it'd be, he obviously didn't, and he's the coach.

That's a prob.

To this point he's been a blow hard, under acheiver, nothing more.

It's ok to have big goals and big aspirations but you better be able to achieve them if you throw them out there for the world to know.

But here's the thing if you're gonna throw them out there then you're publicly accountable if you don't meet them, and to this point he's failed miserably by his own standards.

So any criticism he's getting now he's earned.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 31, 2016, 11:57:24 am

whatever you wanna say about nutt, at the least he appeared to have a much better "feel" for the game. cbb seems clueless at times. i can think of two recent games where..............
Much better...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 12:00:10 pm
Yo Nostradamus you don't know what I thought.

I actually thought "that's gonna be a challenge, hope he's right" but no I didn't cheer that comment because I full well knew how hard it'd be, he obviously didn't, and he's the coach.

That's a prob.

To this point he's been a blow hard, under acheiver, nothing more.

It's ok to have big goals and big aspirations but you better be able to achieve them if you throw them out there for the world to know.

But here's the thing if you're gonna throw them out there then you're publicly accountable if you don't meet them, and to this point he's failed miserably by his own standards.

So any criticism he's getting now he's earned.

Such a terrible argument. Any coach that's hired who doesn't say he wants to win championships should be fired instantly.  There are legit reasons to criticize him without going full on ignorant like the "fat coaches suck" crowd.

RedyorNot

Michigan's defense had TEN seniors starting on it last night ... They had team leadership from those seniors. We have had very little player leadership on our team this year, in my opinion, which was a huge issue.  When those who you would expect to step up and take over the locker room, when things are going south, are shop lifting and spitting in other's faces ... This is what you get. We need team leadership from the players... The coaches can't force that.
[/quote]
I fully expect Agim to be that leader next year on the D side and Ragnow on offense. Allen has got to settle down too, when he gets skittish all hell breaks loose.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 11:49:13 am
No idea about the Nazi thing, it was a serious question.  Stop being so emotional, it's spooky. Act like an adult talking about a hobby, not a life or death situation

Listen buddy I'm not emotional at all. At the moment I'm sitting here in a recliner, feet up, sipping some coffee.

I love the hogs but they're pretty far down on my list of things that make me truly emotional.

We're discussing, but if you don't like my answers then you're free to move along, I promise it won't hurt my feelings.

Bigmac2

Quote from: island hog on December 31, 2016, 09:45:54 am
Michigan's defense had TEN seniors starting on it last night ... They had team leadership from those seniors. We have had very little player leadership on our team this year, in my opinion, which was a huge issue.  When those who you would expect to step up and take over the locker room, when things are going south, are shop lifting and spitting in other's faces ... This is what you get. We need team leadership from the players... The coaches can't force that.

I have to respectfully disagree. It does not take seniors to supply leadership. It does take seniors to supply knowledge they have picked up along the way. Leadership comes from the coach and is placed on the players that they believe have the skill set to transfer that passion and dedication. The coaches have done a very poor poor job on placing that. If The players are selecting leaders that the coach knows can't deliver then it is up to the coach to steer the players to the right direction to the leader he wants. On the other hand if the coach is selecting leaders that the players know can't deliver then the coach is in the wrong business. If the coach has the lost expression on his face then the players will have that same lost expression as well. If there is no leadership from the coach I don't care if you have 40 seniors there will be no leadership on the field.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 12:03:41 pm
Such a terrible argument. Any coach that's hired who doesn't say he wants to win championships should be fired instantly.  There are legit reasons to criticize him without going full on ignorant like the "fat coaches suck" crowd.

"I didn't come here to just play bama, but to beat bama". He said that too.

That's like walking into the bar and finding the biggest, baddest dude and publicly telling him you're going to whoop his butt.

Prob not smart unless you actually have the stones to back it up.

He didn't have to do that, it wasn't necessary, but he did it to fire up the fanbase and to really just talk a little smack.

But don't be surprised if you do that, and don't back it up, that people become annoyed with your empty statements over time.

hogcard1964

I'm amazed at the number of people that enjoy, well I think a better phrase is accept being a bad football program. 

I thought he may have been headed toward some sort of improvement last year, but we're truly in complete disarray now.

Oh and Duwop just bailed.

PorkRinds

Duwop? Welcome to a month ago when his transfer was announced.

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 12:06:05 pm
Listen buddy I'm not emotional at all. At the moment I'm sitting here in a recliner, feet up, sipping some coffee.

I love the hogs but they're pretty far down on my list of things that make me truly emotional.

We're discussing, but if you don't like my answers then you're free to move along, I promise it won't hurt my feelings.

Every single post has a personal insult in it , you are an emotional Rollercoaster. Relax

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 12:22:03 pm
Every single post has a personal insult in it , you are an emotional Rollercoaster. Relax

How was that an insult?

I told you to move along if you like.

But I need to relax? :D

I called you "buddy" too. I call my 4 year old son that so I assure you it wasn't an insult.

uconnhog

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 10:16:29 am
Teams like that don't get up 24-0 on quality teams
We have lost the last two game's 2nd halves 56 - 0. Also he is 10 - 22 in the SEC and 6 - 10 in SEC in last 2 years, that sums it up

PonderinHog

Quote from: uconnhog on December 31, 2016, 12:28:59 pm
We have lost the last two game's 2nd halves 56 - 0. Also he is 10 - 22 in the SEC and 6 - 10 in SEC in last 2 years, that sums it up
He's 8 - 8 in the SEC the last two years.

lefty08

Quote from: uconnhog on December 31, 2016, 12:28:59 pm

Yeah, I'm aware. I'll repeat what I said. Coaches who have lost their team never get up on a quality opponent by 24, it just doesn't happen

lefty08

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 12:25:04 pm
How was that an insult?

I told you to move along if you like.

But I need to relax? :D

I called you "buddy" too. I call my 4 year old son that so I assure you it wasn't an insult.

Ok

Bebop

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:17:19 am
When I hear him talk now all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher "wah, wah, wah, wah, wah ".

Don't tell me, show me.

Is it bad of me to see that from him from beginning? Him writing that note to Long made me automatically think "ulterior motives". That, and here some of the stuff he has said in the past at Wisconsin.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 09:50:16 am
Stfu?  He was in a press conference..........that's where coaches, ya know, talk

But knowing what to say, when to say it, how to say it and not saying stupid stuff is very important. He doesn't always follow those talking rules and thus after a point people tire of it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lefty08

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 31, 2016, 12:34:52 pm
But knowing what to say, when to say it, how to say it and not saying stupid stuff is very important. He doesn't always follow those talking rules and thus after a point people tire of it.

The comment was made in this thread about him saying he came here to win the SEC, and for some reason some of you have a problem with that.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 31, 2016, 11:57:24 am

Feel for the game? Nutty had as much if not MORE inconsistencies in his tenure as a head coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 12:36:35 pm
The comment was made in this thread about him saying he came here to win the SEC, and for some reason some of you have a problem with that.

Name one coach that wouldn't say that when first hired. They ALL will. It's to be expected. It's all the other bull darn he says that keeps fans wondering why he said what he said.

Etowah

One of BB's biggest problems is he is a blowhard.

He is a good coach...but he hasn't learned what guys like Urban Meyer (whom I hate)...or a guy like Lou Holtz learned.....don't over promise and under deliver.

BB is like a big loud mouth  kid who thinks he is smarter than everyone else.....he is still a college frat boy who talks better than he delivers.

Again...he is a pretty good coach.

And as far as the arguing the call right before half............that is what he should do...but does he really have to be so proud of himself when it went his way?  He was so proud of himself on the sideline...and one of his brown nosing assistants.

Then his half time interview about the call?  Embarrassing.

But he is a pretty good coach.

uconnhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 31, 2016, 12:38:05 pm
Name one coach that wouldn't say that when first hired. They ALL will. It's to be expected. It's all the other bull darn he says that keeps fans wondering why he said what he said.
Maybe what they are saying is he should shut up and get something done on the field

hogcard1964

Quote from: Etowah on December 31, 2016, 12:40:00 pm
One of BB's biggest problems is he is a blowhard.

He is a good coach...but he hasn't learned what guys like Urban Meyer (whom I hate)...or a guy like Lou Holtz learned.....don't over promise and under deliver.

BB is like a big loud mouth  kid who thinks he is smarter than everyone else.....he is still a college frat boy who talks better than he delivers.

Again...he is a pretty good coach.

And as far as the arguing the call right before half............that is what he should do...but does he really have to be so proud of himself when it went his way?  He was so proud of himself on the sideline...and one of his brown nosing assistants.

Then his half time interview about the call?  Embarrassing.

But he is a pretty good coach.

He was good at Wisconsin.  He's awful here.

lefty08

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 31, 2016, 12:43:04 pm

He's the same coach.......

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: uconnhog on December 31, 2016, 12:40:28 pm
Maybe what they are saying is he should shut up and get something done on the field

And that isn what I'm saying.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lefty08 on December 31, 2016, 12:40:53 pm
Ok, thats not the topic brought up in this thread............nor was it what I was referring to. Wanna talk about reindeer or turtles?  Start a thread about it

Then please help me understand what you were referring too.

elksnort

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 31, 2016, 11:35:54 am
Never said to STFU but if I were him I'd be pretty cautious about saying or promising things he can't deliver.

That's part of what's gotten him here in the first place. Ever heard of "under promise, over deliver"?
Amen on your last sentence. And I do agree that the STFU is a figure of speech. I know what you meant.

uconnhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 31, 2016, 12:43:04 pm
What was his record against Ohio State and Michigan

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Bigmac2 on December 31, 2016, 12:06:14 pm
I have to respectfully disagree. It does not take seniors to supply leadership. It does take seniors to supply knowledge they have picked up along the way. Leadership comes from the coach and is placed on the players that they believe have the skill set to transfer that passion and dedication. The coaches have done a very poor poor job on placing that. If The players are selecting leaders that the coach knows can't deliver then it is up to the coach to steer the players to the right direction to the leader he wants. On the other hand if the coach is selecting leaders that the players know can't deliver then the coach is in the wrong business. If the coach has the lost expression on his face then the players will have that same lost expression as well. If there is no leadership from the coach I don't care if you have 40 seniors there will be no leadership on the field.

Surely you jest...a leader will rise above and push his comrades, regardless of circumstances. A player vote or coaches appointing does not turn someone into a leader. I have witnessed many games in football and basketball where a single player will rise up and take the energy beyond that of even the coach and push his teammates. Im not saying I wouldn't appreciate some more fire from out coach sometimes, but what player has pushed our other teammates this year? I recall AA getting into his OLine's face once maybe twice. Who else?

I'm just saying that leadership is just something someone has. Its not appointed or voted on. It is usually more powerful when coming from a player than a coach also.

hogcard1964

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 30, 2016, 11:51:34 pm
Exactly...Seeing is believing. He has lost credibility with a lot of fans. He can talk until he's blue in the face. It's time for him to put up or shut up. Actually it was time for him to shut up on some things a long time ago.

How did he lose credibility?

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 30, 2016, 11:59:43 pm
They certainly accomplished a lot after the learning experience at Mizzou. Next season can't get here fast enough. Bielema is so FOS.
You thought he was going to fire the DC between the Mizzou game and the bowl game?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogsmo Kramer