Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What goes on at halftime

Started by uconnhog, December 30, 2016, 08:17:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnhog

Seems as the other adjusts and we go backwards

Lanny

The rushing game never worked yesterday.  The offense was on fire with Allen, once Allen made mistakes and Morgan fumbled the ball out of the endzone, the team panicked.  Arkansas has a poor coaching staff and is a very slow team. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

mbgrulz

Up 24-0...What would you have chAnged?

SquidBilly

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 30, 2016, 08:21:54 am

I would have challenged the Oline to get the run game going.    Also would have taken advantage of their blitzing by throwing quick slants to the blitzers side and firing up the screen game.  If the other team is put in a position on defense where you know that they are going to have to be agressive, then you adjust on offense to take advantage of it.

RebelliousHog

We never ran a screen and only threw to back once that got a huge gain. Never wernt back to it again.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

uconnhog

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 30, 2016, 08:21:54 am
Well something should have changed we were beat 56 to 0 in 2nd half of last 2 games. Maybe the coaches

BloodRedHog

We did try at least one screen but it was poorly executed and AA had to throw the ball into the ground
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hogginbama

Could it be that being up 24-0 allowed everyone know what would happen? The same as any team in America, run the ball more to run the clock. VT planned for that and stopped it, which had us continuing to try to pass. Mental mistakes (penalties, turnovers and bad routes) put us in holes we couldn't recover from. They got the mo-jo, we got the deer-in-the-headlights looks from the field and the result is what we got.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Sir Oinksalot

...we couldn't run the football and our receiving corp got depleated rather quickly.

So we had nothing on offense and the defense didn't want to hit anymore.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

la20688

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 30, 2016, 08:21:04 am
Peanut butter jelly time.....
Was that ever proven to be true? If so, it's got t be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Lanny on December 30, 2016, 08:19:48 am
The rushing game never worked yesterday.  The offense was on fire with Allen, once Allen made mistakes and Morgan fumbled the ball out of the endzone, the team panicked.  Arkansas has a poor coaching staff and is a very slow team.

You were on to something before you went PRJ. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PRJ and Lanny know.  Eventually others will wake up but is it taking longer than one would expect.

Poker_hog

Quote from: la20688 on December 31, 2016, 11:06:55 am
Was that ever proven to be true? If so, it's got t be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

I don't know if they still do it but I remember Bert talking about it at one point.  I thought it was pretty arrogant for him to think he'd figured out something that no other team does.  If eating at halftime helped teams you can bet every NFL team would do it.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Tarheelhawg

Peanut butter and jelly.... those big fellas get hungry after a couple hours.  I bet there is cookies and cold or warm milk that they have not told us about. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: uconnhog on December 30, 2016, 08:17:44 am
Seems as the other adjusts and we go backwards

I'm picturing hookers and blow.  Hard to get the mind back to football after that.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

reddogjcss

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
INSANITY that's what's going on at halftime