Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9 Wins Next Year

Started by hogsbeattexas, December 30, 2016, 08:11:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Quote from: b-ash on December 30, 2016, 08:37:16 am
This thinking is why we are always upset as hog fans.  We have to change our expectations to 6-6 and be happy with anything above it.  This is the level of talent we are able to draw.  We have to quit thinking we can be elite bc we play in the top conference or we are destined for miserable feeings every season.  The real question is how many of those teams will we have higher recruiting classes than?

The days of just automatically excusing every one of Bielema's losses on inferior talent are gone.
He's shown he can do a pretty good job of losing to inferior teams - Missouri X2, Toledo, Texas Tech over the last 2 years.
If this program is going to be content to lose to every SECW opponent then maybe we need to find a new conference.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogCzar1

January 01, 2017, 12:56:15 am #101 Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:33:24 am by HogCzar1
Quote from: hoglady on January 01, 2017, 12:43:28 am
This

When you look back on this season, we could easily have finished 5-7. A missed field goal by La. Tech and TCU saved us those 2.

There is just no way I can see 7 wins, and I can see as few as 4.

Games like Missouri and Mississippi St. will be very difficult, not to mention the rest. If we lose to TCU early it could get ugly.

hoglady

Quote from: Etowah on December 30, 2016, 12:14:45 pm
I only see one game on that schedule that I think we will lose.

I figure we will lose one we shouldn't...so with a senior QB..an experienced oline...two top notch runners....and the offensive weapons we will have on the outside and at TE....and surely improvement from a young defense...........I am saying 9 wins minimum but I think 10 and 2 and a top ten team is what we will have next year.

Coach BB will be highly motivated after the way this year ended and there will be some major changes in the process.

Can't appreciate enough AA having another year and being a senior....we make a huge jump next year.

Next year is when BB finally buries the legend of Bobby Petrino.

The Missouri game should have been enough motivation to spend the next month making sure that never happened again.
Well - it happened again, only worse.
The Belk Bowl did more to hurt the program than staying home would have.
Most national articles began with - Razorbacks embarrass themselves on and off the field.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TheRazorback500

January 01, 2017, 01:04:55 am #103 Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:25:06 am by TheRazorback500
I could see a scenario where we could win nine, maybe ten games, but it's a long shot. If we could handle TCU at home, take advantage of A&M losing their QB and some key defensive personnel, and corral SC's Bentley we could be 5-0 going into Tuscaloosa. After that, five of the last six are winnable. If CBB can't take advantage, IMO it's time for a change.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lamont7906

I hope he go 5-7 so he can be gone n

lamont7906

I hope he go 6-6 or 5-7 so he can be gone. He can get 10 wins I still want him gone. He already proven to me when things go wrong he not willing to light into people to get them going. He instead look lost like a deer. He should of been lighting coaches and players up. He can not adjust, I want a coach that hold people accountable during games not just throw them under the bus after games.

Wildhog

Quote from: lamont7906 on January 01, 2017, 03:21:20 am
I hope he go 6-6 or 5-7 so he can be gone. He can get 10 wins I still want him gone. He already proven to me when things go wrong he not willing to light into people to get them going. He instead look lost like a deer. He should of been lighting coaches and players up. He can not adjust, I want a coach that hold people accountable during games not just throw them under the bus after games.

I hope he goes 15-0.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Quickdraw

Not gonna happen.  7 wins at best.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hogsbeattexas on December 30, 2016, 08:11:55 am
I am in a terrible mood today.  So I am going to try and look ahead. 

I think that 9 wins next season (overall record of 9-4) is the minimum Bielema should be expected to achieve.  So 9-3 in regular season with a respectable bowl loss, or 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win.  I would almost prefer the 8-4 and a bowl win personally.  End on a high note.  I also think that finally beating A&M is crucial.  And we have to win our non-con games.

What do you all think?

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)- WIN
Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Sept. 23 – vs. Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas) -WE HAD BETTER WIN
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE -WIN
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* -TOSS UP
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* -LOSS
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* -TOSS UP
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* -TOSS UP
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA -WIN
Nov. 11 – at LSU* -TOSS UP
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* -WIN
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

Maybe 6 wins....maybe. LSU will be another depressing blowout.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

carolinahogger

January 01, 2017, 10:31:15 am #110 Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:02:00 am by carolinahogger
Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 30, 2016, 08:59:50 am
6 wins next season +/-1.  BB is an 8 win max coach in the SECW.  Cool guy, though.

BB is a likable dumbass.  As a football coach...he's just one of those marginal guys who managed to get onto the multi million dollar HC carousel by being at the right place at the right time.  I have seen his type in the world of business - the relaxed cool guy who excels only at making everything look easy.  7-6?  Yeah, but he sure made it look easy.

Meanwhile, other teams have coaches like Saban and Bill Snyder who are sweating bullets over every detail.  That attitude and work ethic elevates a program.

Youngsta71701

Returning starters in 2017
OFFENSE
QB - Austin Allen
RB - Rawleigh Williams or Devwah Whaley
FB - Kendrick Jackson or Hayden Johnson
WR - Jared Cornelius
WR -
TE - Austin Cantrell
LT -
LG - Hjolte Froholdt
C - Frank Ragnow
RG - Johnny Gibson
RT- Brian Wallace

9 returning starters on offense...

DEFENSE 4-3
DE - Tevin Beanum
DT -
DT - McTelvin Agim
DE -
OLB - Randy Ramsey
MLB -
OLB - Dre Greenlaw
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Henre Toliver
FS - Josh Liddell
SS - De'Andre Coley or Santos Ramirez

DEFENSE 3-4
DE - McTelvin Agim
DT -
DE - Tevin Beanum or Briston Guidry
OLB - Randy Ramsey
MLB -
WLB - Dre Greenlaw
OLB -
CB - Ryan Pulley
CB - Henre Toliver, Kevin Richardson, or Britto Tutt
FS - Josh Liddell or Montaric Brown
SS - De'Andre Coley or Santos Ramirez

8 returning starters on defense. And hopefully we move Agim to the DE position and Jackson and Capps start at the DT positions if we stay with the 4-3.

With any kind or player development 9 wins should be attainable.
Hell, we should have won 9 games this year with a bunch of first year starters and major inconsistencies.
Especially on the offensive line, defensive line, and the defense as a whole.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"