Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are state of Arkansas's best all-time football players by county?

Started by jbcarol, December 22, 2016, 01:18:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

This is a reapplication of a published listing that was done for the state of Alabama.

Examples

Willie Roaf - Jefferson Co.

Matt Jones - Crawford Co. -or- Sebastian Co.

Darren McFadden - Pulaski Co.

Clarence McHan - Chicot Co.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MTBrookHog

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Razorbackers

Quote from: jbcarol on December 22, 2016, 01:18:43 pm
This is a reapplication of a published listing that was done for the state of Alabama.

Examples

Willie Roaf - Jefferson Co.

Matt Jones - Crawford Co. -or- Sebastian Co.

Darren McFadden - Pulaski Co.

Clarence McHan - Chicot Co.

Alma Sonic - Crawford County

ricepig

PennHOG

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

bondhue

Clay, probably Joey Lewis, around 1970.    Deserving mention: David Luter 73 or 74.  Later played for ASU.  My bro played in all star game ln 80 or 81.   Also, Bentley Hovis early 80's.  Played for UCA.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

ricepig

Quote from: bondhue on December 22, 2016, 01:32:39 pm
Clay, maybe Joey Lewis, around 1970.    My bro played in all star game ln 80 or 81.

Glenn Hockersmith?

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ocsm158

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Dr. Starcs

bondhue

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

rkjones

Quote from: kappa72202 on December 22, 2016, 01:25:20 pm
Faulkner....Greg Lasker

My history of Razorback Football isn't as impressive as some on here (born in '90) so how would he rate against another Faulkner County standout, Peyton Hillis?

ricepig

hoss cartrack

Desha County...Freddie Douglas or Patrick Williams...both from McGehee
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

bcdeputy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 22, 2016, 01:45:12 pm
Alex Tejada - Washington

Interesting choice... I was thinking Brooks Ellis or maybe one of those Allen kids that played QB?  And I'm betting that I'm forgetting someone too.

Benton County has me intrigued.  Only name I'm coming up with off the top of my head is Mitch Smothers

ricepig

Ghost Writer in the Sty

Why not Jon Brittenum for Monroe County ?  His collegiate career was more outstanding and eventful than Eckwood's.

bondhue

Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2016, 01:47:33 pm
I thought he played at Corning.
After my time.  Lewis, if I remember correctly, played in all american game. 

ricepig

Clyde Scott-Union

Tommy and John Burnett were from there, but the family moved to Bentonville, and Bobby played at Bentonville in the 9th grade.

ricepig

Quote from: bondhue on December 22, 2016, 01:55:14 pm
After my time.  Lewis, if I remember correctly, played in all american game. 

Ok, I just remember that he had married a girl from Walnut Ridge and played for the Hogs, fullback I believe.

Razorbax

311Hog

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LZH

hogmolar

hogmolar

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

revolution

Saline County - Bubba Barrow?

Started at linebacker for the Hogs in 1989.

Can't say for sure he's #1, but definitely in the conversation.

George Cole, all SWC quarterback for Arkansas in 1927, was born in Bauxite, but I sure don't remember him. But he also would be considered.

Boog41

The Hawg Marshal

Jackson County- Billy Warren? He's the best in my feeble memory.

hogfan10

Quote from: Razorbax on December 22, 2016, 01:58:54 pm
Jefferson-Don Hutson Actually played up to his talent.

Jefferson - Willie Roaf
Garland - Cliff Harris

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 22, 2016, 03:10:01 pm
Jefferson - Willie Roaf
Garland - Cliff Harris

Harris played his senior year at Des Arc so he probably wins Prairie County as well.

ricepig

hogmolar

Baxter- Benji Mahan with Shane Collins as mention.  Collins was probably best athlete from there but got hurt his freshman year for Hogs and didn't play again

JBoroHog

PintailKiller

Phillips County - Ken Hatfield
Ouachita County - Shawn Andrews
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Jackrabbit Hog

Lonoke County - Brad Shoup (UA), Steve Burks (ASU), Charles "Spanky" Gilliam (Air Force Academy) or Hartford Hamilton (UA)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.