Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

540 Road Conditions

Started by caneybuck, February 02, 2011, 11:52:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

caneybuck

I'm trying to decide if I should come to the game tonight.  We live south of Hot Springs.  Does anyone know the conditions of 540?  I think we can get to Ft. smith OK.  Haven't missed a game all year....this one is important!  Thanks! 

thirtythree

Make the right decision. If you decide to go, BE SAFE!

Red Tusk

http://www.arkansashighways.com/roads/roads.aspx

Click on the link next to weather related road conditions. Shows snow/ice. Doubt any of it has melted.
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: caneybuck on February 02, 2011, 11:52:51 am
I'm trying to decide if I should come to the game tonight.  We live south of Hot Springs.  Does anyone know the conditions of 540?  I think we can get to Ft. smith OK.  Haven't missed a game all year....this one is important!  Thanks! 

Watching at home is a lot cheaper than tow trucks, rental cars, and insurance deductibles.  Not to mention the big increase in travel time due to dangerous driving conditions.  Be safe!

Sam2k

I don't know about the interstate, but I know that both Joyce and College are completely iced over so I would imagine that the rest of the roads are as well.

bwbcpa

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on February 02, 2011, 12:06:59 pm
Watching at home is a lot cheaper than tow trucks, rental cars, and insurance deductibles.  Not to mention the big increase in travel time due to dangerous driving conditions.  Be safe!

I live close to Russellville and we haven't missed a game yet, but we've decided not to try this one, especially since I need to turn around and drive home afterwards.  I talked to a couple friends living in Rogers, and they both advised against the trip.  Road conditions will make this trip very difficult.

caneybuck

Thanks for the info!  I guess we've decided to stay home :'(  If we lose you can blame it on me.....we weren't there to yell! I hope a lot a students make it. 

thirtythree

Quote from: caneybuck on February 02, 2011, 12:39:59 pm
Thanks for the info!  I guess we've decided to stay home :'(  If we lose you can blame it on me.....we weren't there to yell! I hope a lot a students make it.

You sure about that? It can get pretty ruthless. ;D

razorpimp

Quote from: caneybuck on February 02, 2011, 12:39:59 pm

It would be cool if the entire crowd (or vast majority) were students.....that would be awesome, what an atmosphere!

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08