Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winston Guy Tid Bit

Started by jbhicks, July 27, 2007, 04:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 27, 2007, 04:50:00 pm Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 05:00:33 pm by jbhicks
Winston Guy should announce his college decision no later than Sunday. He loved his visit here last weekend. His mom is on board, just waiting on pop's approval.

Expect VERY good news from Winston. This on top of Askew's decision...looks like the good news just keeps rolling in.

piggingout

Boy, I would LOVE to get both of those guys.  This could be a strong defensive recruiting class.

The Coletrain

Great news!!  I think this guy could be a good one!!  Let's cross our fingers and hope he wants to play in the SEC, but not on Mom and Pop's back porch.  Speaking of which, does this sound familiar??  I think we've been on the opposite end of this scenario a couple of times.   ;)
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

FBPLAYER65

Guy, Askew, and Henderson will be Arkansas verbals after Wednesday of next week. I suspect the coaches will push for top players with the remaining spots even if it means slowplaying some guys who want to commit. Greg Brown may pull the trigger soon as well.

TMc

I'm a little gunshy on Henderson.., I think he's waiting on Auburn.  My gut instinct here.., I have absolutely no info. However, Winston Guy would be huge... 6-3" runs a 4.3 forty.. very talented .. we need him.  Love to have Henderson as well.. I just think he's holding out- hope I'm wrong.

FBPLAYER65

No safety runs a 4.3 forty.

pignation

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on July 27, 2007, 06:39:26 pm
Do you mean he doesn't run a 4.3 or you don't think he will be a safety?  He ran a 11.2 100 Meter dash, not yards and is the fastest guy in Kentucky at that distance. 

Hawgballz

Somebody correct me, but I believe he ran a 4.4 something at the Arkansas camp.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

pignation

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 27, 2007, 07:30:05 pm

Somebody correct me, but I believe he ran a 4.4 something at the Arkansas camp.
4.43 to be exact

COCHISE

Quote from: jbhicks on July 27, 2007, 04:50:00 pm
Winston Guy should announce his college decision no later than Sunday. He loved his visit here last weekend. His mom is on board, just waiting on pop's approval.

Expect VERY good news from Winston. This on top of Askew's decision...looks like the good news just keeps rolling in.
What time is Askew announcing tomorrow?

The Coletrain

Quote from: 870 RZR on July 27, 2007, 07:42:11 pm
Quote from: jbhicks on July 27, 2007, 04:50:00 pm

What time is Askew announcing tomorrow?

High Noon. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

FBPLAYER65

11.2 100 M is the fastest in Kentucky? I find that very hard to believe. If you looked at the NFL combine times I doubt you would find any safety that broke 4.4.

pignation

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on July 27, 2007, 07:48:13 pm
11.2 100 M is the fastest in Kentucky? I find that very hard to believe. If you looked at the NFL combine times I doubt you would find any safety that broke 4.4.
He ran a 4.43 at Razorback camp and he ran a 11.2 100 m and won the state championship.  That's what the results were.
He also reportedly ran a 4.35 at cincinnati's camp. 

reflectioneternal

Quote from: pignation on July 27, 2007, 07:58:42 pm
He ran a 4.43 at Razorback camp and he ran a 11.2 100 m and won the state championship.  That's what the results were.

Winston Guy did run a 4.35 at the Cincinatti camp and has been the MVP of every camp he has participated in.  However, I wonder if he is a combine warrior who domiates in camps but is not as strong on the field. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: reflectioneternal on July 27, 2007, 09:37:17 pm
Quote from: pignation on July 27, 2007, 07:58:42 pm

Winston Guy did run a 4.35 at the Cincinatti camp and has been the MVP of every camp he has participated in.  However, I wonder if he is a combine warrior who domiates in camps but is not as strong on the field. 

Reminds me of Cruz Williams in that he has some good numbers and a 3* rating and has just torn it up at the summer camps.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!