Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signing question?

Started by mj4president, July 27, 2007, 03:16:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

I was just thinking. I know we oversign with the expectation of some not making to campus. Hypothetically what would happen if everyone could go to campus? Does the school pick who they want or are the scholarships given to the first 25 that committed and leaving the other 3 or 4 players hanging out to dry?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

wishiwasinark

Sometimes a couple of the guys committed do so with the understanding they get a scholarship if there is one available. Usually those are Arkansas borderline guys that might walk on.

The QB a couple years ago from Fayetteville, Zac ????, signed with Gary Beshears and agreed to set out a semester and got a scholarship in the spring. I'm not sure who would be in that category this year right now. He always deserved better than he got. They may have to be more careful or start making some real hard decisions on signing day. Spurrier and some other guys have been known to pull schalarships at the last minute. Never happened at Arkansas that I know about even two years ago with Landon Crawford and Ramon Broadway committing very late with Damian.

USC does it all the time. I have heard but couldn't prove that you are told where you stand on the commitment list at your position. If another guy rated higher commits you move down even if it is the last day. Must be nice to have that problem.

arklahoman36

Quote from: mj4president on July 27, 2007, 03:16:39 pm
I was just thinking. I know we oversign with the expectation of some not making to campus. Hypothetically what would happen if everyone could go to campus? Does the school pick who they want or are the scholarships given to the first 25 that committed and leaving the other 3 or 4 players hanging out to dry?

Ark usually offers a few that most likely will be going the JUCO route also.