Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*Updated* Huge Week in Razorback Land!

Started by jbhicks, July 27, 2007, 03:48:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 27, 2007, 03:48:33 am Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:51:55 pm by jbhicks
This has been one of the best weeks in a long time for true Razorback fans. Some big news has come our way:

1. Jermaine Love- one of the biggest pickups from last year's class was cleared by the NCAA for next season.
2. Khiry Battle- talented safety from Georgia committed on Saturday.
3. Justin Smith- one of the fastest rising DT prospects in the country committed on Saturday.
4. Chris Gragg- a sleeper WR from Warren received an offer after the Seniors camp, and committed on Monday.
5. Jarious Wright- the fastest player in the state that can play both ways and return kickoffs and punts committed on Wednesday.
6. Greg Childs- a big receiver committed out of nowhere to play for the Hogs on Thursday morning.
7. Junior Okpara- a big-time corner from Texas committed on Thursday evening.
8. Michael Harris and Juwan Franklin- both are big-time RBs that signed in the 2007, but were academically ineligible were placed at Arkansas Baptist, a JUCO in central Arkansas that will play its first season of football since the 50's.
9. Lavunce Askew- will announce his decision on Saturday between the Hogs, Tennessee, and Oklahoma State; all indications point to The Hill
10. Winston Guy- a big-time safety from Kentucky that looks like a future star should announce his decision no later than Sunday. Will choose between the Hogs and UK, looks very good for HDN and Co.
11. More commits on the way next week.

selfexplanatory

We need a special team threat like Jarious Wright.  Indeed a good week.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

big john

john goodwin

justmaybe

I generally have to work pretty hard to always look at the positive side becuase I seem to be negative at times- but man I love what is happening recruiting wise. People may want to downplay the quality but there is no way they can with what we already have 'committed'. These 3 and 4 star guys and these phantom 2 stars like the RB in Florida are just what we need. Often times the difference in a 4/5 and a 2/3 is the lower end guy is just developing physically and mentally. My son is that way. His body is just now developing. He has never dominated on the baseball field but always competed at a high level. He is now senior and as his body matures- I always despair about his decision making- he will continue to play at a high level. Not D1 in his case but if he wants to in college somewhere, and in baseball maybe he will get a shot at the minors.

In my opinion we had a really good class last year for Arkansas. Maybe not headliners but good solid SEC caliber guys across the board. Some won't pan out but I think more stick than normal. It was hard to get playmakers last year becuase of Felix, and McFadden, and the debacles. But I think in the midst of all that those guys may be a real difference makers down the road in providing starters and key depth for a long time.

This year we are seeing a even higher quality at least on paper.

Here is what scares me. We have all these great guys committed. Now we have to do something we never had to do much. We have to worry about keeping them all. Some of these lower rated guys are going to get hard presses from big time program over the course of the coming season. It is going to be like last year. I looked in the middle of the year and made a statement that it was very possible that we go 10-1 and then lose the last three and if we did it was going to be absolutley the worst offseason in history. The same could happen in recruiting.

I think if we have a 10 win season we have no problem. And we have always been pretty good at retention except for those two years when we lost some key guys in the last day when the recruiting issue was going on. We average 165 yds a game passing, and Dmac is in the heisman chase all year we have even less problem.

The Alabama game is still key to the whole season in my mind. Win that one and we are off to the races.

hardcorehogfan

ok, so now we are all spoiled.  who is going to commit today?  who will be next?  guy, askew, henderson?

COCHISE

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on July 27, 2007, 04:00:51 pm
ok, so now we are all spoiled.  who is going to commit today?  who will be next?  guy, askew, henderson?
Askew-tomorrow

jbhicks

updated the thread based on some information, it is a great time to be a Hog

Bomis Hawg

These are the offseasons that happen when you are coming off a season that wasn't full of losses.  Great week indeed. 

Home stretch before FOOTBALL!

slopinhogs

now if we can just keep them in the fold. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die