Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

to make this a top 10 recruiting class...

Started by mbgrulz, July 26, 2007, 02:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

what do you think the hogs need to do to get this class into the top 10?

Jim Harris

Quote from: mbgrulz on July 26, 2007, 02:53:35 pm

Get the No. 1 linebacker in the country, who is considering us, to sign with us. That would be a big help.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

cbjagman

Quote from: drakehog on July 26, 2007, 02:54:52 pm

Get the No. 1 linebacker in the country, who is considering us, to sign with us. That would be a big help.
Drake, forgive my ignorance. Who is the top LB you're refering to?

Wehm55

I believe this, after sining day, will be rated in the top 15. Many of these kids haven't even been evaluated.  Time will tell.

GO HOGS!!!!!!

Been Pumping Sunshine since I was born.

Wehm55

Quote from: cbjagman on July 26, 2007, 02:56:24 pm
Quote from: drakehog on July 26, 2007, 02:54:52 pm

Drake, forgive my ignorance. Who is the top LB you're refering to?

Brown out of Wichita Kansas

Been Pumping Sunshine since I was born.

jbhicks

Boner

Honestly, they need to sign some out of state 4 and 5 star players.  We're cleaning house in state, so that mean we're not getting a ton of highly rated guys.  The services have doen a horrible job evaluating Arkansas talent for years - both directions, up and down.

And I'm fine if we get all/most the guys we're targeting, even if rivals says its a 15-25th ranked class.

Cresthog

Arthur Brown is a looongshot but we have to try. I believe Joe Adams is a MUST! Lets get Greg Brown, Okpara, Guy, Henderson, Edwards, Askew, and hopefully Jeff Demps. That would be a top ten class I would think.

japhog

Quote from: Cresthog on July 26, 2007, 03:01:52 pm
Arthur Brown is a looongshot but we have to try. I believe Joe Adams is a MUST! Lets get Greg Brown, Okpara, Guy, Henderson, Edwards, Askew, and hopefully Jeff Demps. That would be a top ten class I would think.

i believe these players are all getable....  but most of them are 3*'s (and there is nothing wrong with that), but to get into the top ten our stars would probably have to average at least 3.5, currently we are around 2.85.  so we have a long way to go to get to the top 10.  we would need some of our current commits to move up in the rankings...

DriveByHogger

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 03:07:14 pm
Quote from: Boner on July 26, 2007, 02:58:43 pm
Honestly, they need to sign some out of state 4 and 5 star players.  We're cleaning house in state, so that mean we're not getting a ton of highly rated guys.  The services have doen a horrible job evaluating Arkansas talent for years - both directions, up and down.

And I'm fine if we get all/most the guys we're targeting, even if rivals says its a 15-25th ranked class.

The services rate partly on subscribers.  And part of it is they don't respect Arkansas HS football.  And that is understandable.  We still aren't and probably never will be on the level of Oklahoma or Louisiana. Texas goes without saying.  And Mississippi also produces a lot of talent.  So that is understandable.  How do you rate a guy when his competition can't offer a challenge because they don't have quality players?  Also, the services will also credit programs who can out recruit other successful programs for recruits. 

Man you guys give Oklahoma way too much credit. The HS football in Oklahoma isn't all that great. Outside of the Tulsa and OKC areas there's just not much else. There's a reason 80% of OU's team is from Texas.
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

BustinANutt

We have blown our load pretty early. We are off to as good a start as anybody, but I don't see us getting another four star other than Joe Adams. That gives us four 4 stars, which is just one more than last years "terrible" class.

japhog

Quote from: BustinANutt on July 26, 2007, 03:20:02 pm
We have blown our load pretty early. We are off to as good a start as anybody, but I don't see us getting another four star other than Joe Adams. That gives us four 4 stars, which is just one more than last years "terrible" class.

exactly what i was thinking.  there are still some 4*'s out there that are somewhat interested in us, hopefully we can turn them our way with a good season, if we still have some spots left...

Landonhog

Quote from: DriveByHogger on July 26, 2007, 03:19:38 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 03:07:14 pm
Quote from: Boner on July 26, 2007, 02:58:43 pm

The services rate partly on subscribers.  And part of it is they don't respect Arkansas HS football.  And that is understandable.  We still aren't and probably never will be on the level of Oklahoma or Louisiana. Texas goes without saying.  And Mississippi also produces a lot of talent.  So that is understandable.  How do you rate a guy when his competition can't offer a challenge because they don't have quality players?  Also, the services will also credit programs who can out recruit other successful programs for recruits. 

Man you guys give Oklahoma way too much credit. The HS football in Oklahoma isn't all that great. Outside of the Tulsa and OKC areas there's just not much else. There's a reason 80% of OU's team is from Texas.

Jameel Owens and Stacey Mcgee - Muskogee Oklahoma...  Not exactly Tulsa or OKC... 

I'd say Arkansas H.S. football has been getting better the past couple of years, but they're still quite a ways behind Ok, TX, LA, ect...  (competition, production, etc...)

Realist

Childs and Cruz will both be bumped up.  Childs maybe not to a 4 star but 5.7. 
Thomas Shuler will get bumped as will a few of the lineman we have committed
Our star level will be over 3

Realist

Because there are not 80 other WR's in the nation better than Childs.  That is why he will be bumped up. 
They had no video of Cruz so they just gave him a 3 star rating.  Cruz might move to a 4 star or highest 3 star. 
Justin Smith's recruitment was about to explode before we got his commitment so he will move up as well

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 03:56:04 pm
Just a question: We have gotten quite a few of our key targets at this point.  If we go by the 'star' system on a certain board, we are at a 2.71 average right now.  If you give the unevaluated recruit 2 stars, that helps us to a 2.86.  Last year we ended up 31st with a 2.93 average and 27 commitments.  How would we go from 31st to the top 10 if the 2nd half of the class is like the first and we end up with around 25 commitments and 2.9-2.95 stars?  Personally I think the star thing is a little ways from an exact science but it is used to rate.

Sorry, but there's no way this class will be top 10. We'll likely be in the twenties. Honestly, this class isn't much different than last years. It only seems good now because everyone's committing early. This certainly won't be a top 15 class. Likely somewhere in the 20's. Should be better than last year and it's a good class for Nutt, but that really isn't saying much. It's a step in the right direction though. Hopefully we'll have a great season next year, finish it with a bowl win, and improve on our recruiting to maintain a level of success.

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 04:01:50 pm
Quote from: Realist on July 26, 2007, 04:00:28 pm
Childs and Cruz will both be bumped up.  Childs maybe not to a 4 star but 5.7. 
Thomas Shuler will get bumped as will a few of the lineman we have committed
Our star level will be over 3

Why will they be bumped?

Cruz is vastly underrated right now. He's been named MVP at 3 different camps/7on7 over the summer, he still doesn't have his film on Rivals, and sports a legit offer from Michigan.

Hollywood_HOGan45

this will be a top 20 class.

I dont think we'll get anymore 4* recruits unless we get Adams or some of our 3*s are bumped up.

This is just my opinion but Cruz will be bumped to a 4* this fall.

Hogstocking

July 26, 2007, 04:18:41 pm #17 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:45:54 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 26, 2007, 04:14:10 pm
this will be a top 20 class.

I dont think we'll get anymore 4* recruits unless we get Adams or some of our 3*s are bumped up.

This is just my opinion but Cruz will be bumped to a 4* this fall.

Youngblood, Cruz and Askew are my bets to be bumped up.  Youngblood and Askew were both on the rivals pre-evaluation 250 (as was Greg Childs), Youngblood is so close already to a 4 star,  Askew is the highest rated 5.6 DT in the nation......Cruz is vasty underrated, named MVP at camps that Dan Bucker and Joe Adams were at. 

And remember guys will pop up down the road that are not on the radar right now....Like Kareem Crowell, William Cole, Dez Bryant, Phelon Jones etc.etc. last year.

pcrouch3809

Back in the middle of May, I made a post stating that I THOUGHT that this would be Nutt's best class and possibly a top 15.  Of course I got bashed.

Realist

I am extremely happy with this class regardless of what the ranking says.  Who is upset with Jelani Smith or Thomas Shuler? Those are 2 of our lower rated guys.  We may have gotten the other Warren kid to get Wright and Childs but so be it if that is the case, willing to do that regardless.  Justin Smith's stock was about to sky rocket when he committed, I pray he stays as his ranking will go way up. 

jackflash

Dave Campbell Texas Football has CB Brown, Okpara, DL Square RB Thomas, Givens, Gray listed in their top 300. Tennessee or Auburn books Has FL RB Demp DL Jones LB Baker, GA S Battle and LA TE Edwards all rated high, I am sure I missed one or two Kids. What make Rivals any better than these.  I read where one time or another these kids had interest in the Razorbacks. I would believe the Warren head coach before Rivals anyday and twice on Sundays.