Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greg Childs commits to

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 26, 2007, 02:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SultanofSwine

drake, imo we are getting 3 that can go day 1 and one that will develope. Also of the 4 I think you ultimately end up with 2 on each side of the ball so I don't think there is any "misuse" of schollie's if you will. Makes me wonder though how hard they may or may not go after Joe Adams now because there is a limit to how many spots you can devote to any position and WR is getting pretty full at this point.

BentonvilleJeff

Sweet pick up. Welcome to the Hog family Greg Childs.

And since I've been a bitter, angry fan at the whole town of Warren I apologize for everything I've ever said or thought about you and your former players and the head coach. I was probably the loudest boo bird in the stands last season when Bret Smith caught that td at the end of the game. That was small of me. He's just a young man trying to make the most of his life and I feel bad for it.

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas boys should stay in Arkansas

Youngblood to Childs.  I can dig it.

jrodell

they play on monday, august 20th in a scrimmage jamboree with Bearden (look for Dewayne Watts)

dowils

Quote from: The Coletrain on July 26, 2007, 02:47:43 pm
Congrats to Greg Childs and welcome aboard!!  Another solid player for the Hogs!!  And kudos to the coaching staff once again.  They are getting it done in the southern part of the state!!   :razorback:

AWESOME!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Now that, that is cleaned up back to posting....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hardcorehogfan

was he the silent commit Nutt was referring to when he said 14 commitments.

ArkHogJason

I don't care what people say about some of these recruits. look at Anderson. He came in as a WR and look what happened. A first round draft choice. This is turnind out to be one of the best, no is the best recruiting class's I have seen at Arkansas. I think ever recruit is going to be good players. Arkansas coaches keep the good work up, and " GO HOGS!"

The Boar War

This is becoming a great in state class.  The most important thing we have done (in this case) is cement the university's relationship with one of the football schools in the state.  Getting Arkansas boys to play in Arkansas will pay dividends in the future.

Welcome to the Razorback Nation Greg!  

SwinedMelon

There is something resembling a fence going up... or, so it would appear...
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

hawgwash

WPS!  The dominos are starting to fall uphill!

SteelShot

July 26, 2007, 05:38:38 pm #62 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 05:41:27 pm by SteelShot
Sweeping Warren is the biggest recruiting victory since getting 3 out of the 4 springdale four.  Hopefully this will turn out better than the former (Sorry, I just couldnt resist).

Seriously though, I have to admit that I am impressed with the recruiting start this summer and very impressed with the Warren sweep. 

I wonder if Phil kicking Fellows off the team maybe shed a bad light on Phil and UT from Warren.  Or maybe it was the a$$ whipping last year of UT with the Warren bunch in attendence.  Just a thought
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

Razorbrett

I think a lot of it has to do with the ten win season.

Shizzle

This is almost too good to be true, we are mopping up early this is so "un Arkansas like". I am glad to have them all Wright, Jones, Childs, and Gragg. I am equally as amped to have the Camden duo of Youngblood and Curtis. I really hope that Joe Adams follows suite, and if he doesn't we have still had an incredible in state recruiting class. let's just hope all these guys stay firm in their commitments. I thing Mr Youngblood may be copiloting south Arkansas recruiting with David Lee. I work in Texarkana with a couple guys that are huge Arkansas High fans and their thought is that Dennis Johnson will likely ink with the Hogs when all is said and done, they say his grades could possibly be a issue, but did add that his grades are better than Brandon Barnett's were. I trust their word they are family friends with the Johnsons
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

hogsmaster

Thanks Greg.  I am very happy that you're a Hog!!!!

gkimrey

WELCOME TO GREG CHILDS. CAN'T WAIT TO CHEER YOUR FIRST TOUCHDOWN. HOPE I'M THERE.
\"if you would not be forgotten, before you are dead and rotten, either write things worth the reading or do things worth the writing\".  Benjamin Franklin

dasheets12

Quote from: SultanofSwine on July 26, 2007, 04:02:52 pm
Makes me wonder though how hard they may or may not go after Joe Adams now because there is a limit to how many spots you can devote to any position and WR is getting pretty full at this point.

If a player like Joe Adams wants to come to your school, you make room for him, no matter how many recievers you already have.

But back to the topic at hand...
Welcome GC. Thanks alot. Go Hogs.

3kgthog

It's about time we started slipping Hembree some cash like UT does.

jackflash

could not said it any better TOMCAT. Plus 20

yraciv

Wow, didn't expect to see this bashing in the recruiting forum.  My honest opinion is 3/4 are sec caliber players, due to scholarship offers, and Gragg could emerge into a solid player.  Good  to have all the Warren guys on board.

bigyellowdog

Great news.  Welcome to the Razorbacks, Greg.

asuindianman

Quote from: drakehog on July 26, 2007, 02:31:46 pm
So, truthfully, you recruiting experts: Does Warren really have four SEC-caliber players, or did we recruit two calves to get two cows, hence using up almost one-fifth of our class? Inquiring skeptics want to know.

I think all four can be quality players for Arkansas, if all goes as planned.  Chris Gragg could wind up being the sleeper of the class.

Childs could play DE, but he may be hell-bent on playing WR.

asuindianman

July 26, 2007, 08:05:57 pm #73 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:07:38 pm by asuindianman
Quote from: SteelShot on July 26, 2007, 05:38:38 pmI wonder if Phil kicking Fellows off the team maybe shed a bad light on Phil and UT from Warren.  Or maybe it was the a$$ whipping last year of UT with the Warren bunch in attendence.  Just a thought

I doubt that had an effect at all.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 26, 2007, 03:00:39 pm
Arkansas is landing the top in-state players and were are tossing out statements that "...are these really SEC level players?"

Basmine, Wright, and Childs are SEC-types.  Gregg will probably develop into one.

Wonder how much bad pub the team would get if Childs and Wright went to other big schools, or even an SEC school.

I'm game for having all of the Warren kids.  Glad to have them aboard!

Bump

U.P. HOGG

You have to put the Nutt hate behind you, and wish for the best for the program that you love.  I don't like Nutt and never will, but I want nothing but the best for the Arkasnas Razorbacks because of how much I love the hogs.  Go Hogs!!

killamon

Quote from: SteelShot on July 26, 2007, 05:38:38 pm
Sweeping Warren is the biggest recruiting victory since getting 3 out of the 4 springdale four.  Hopefully this will turn out better than the former (Sorry, I just couldnt resist).

Seriously though, I have to admit that I am impressed with the recruiting start this summer and very impressed with the Warren sweep. 

I wonder if Phil kicking Fellows off the team maybe shed a bad light on Phil and UT from Warren.  Or maybe it was the a$$ whipping last year of UT with the Warren bunch in attendence.  Just a thought

it was the a$$ whipping...

Mr. Perfect

big john

wow i when camping for three days an i just got on an all these new guys we got i no were getting some really good recruits welcome to the hawg family big guy , we love our kids will most of us , great job guys dam good work bj an richard love your work guys. :D
john goodwin

OKCHogFan

The more "in state" kids the better.  They have a vested interest in their home state.  I'm thrilled for us as hog fans and the city of Warren.

J_mac_2403

juss got on heard junior had committed earlier but not childs wat a sweet ending to the day.

Tony Sloprano

Quote from: drakehog on July 26, 2007, 02:31:46 pm
So, truthfully, you recruiting experts: Does Warren really have four SEC-caliber players, or did we recruit two calves to get two cows, hence using up almost one-fifth of our class? Inquiring skeptics want to know.

Well , you had an opportunity to ask one of the "cows" this queston yesterday on the radio but I didn't hear you ask him the question. What happened ?

jj202020

David Lee had a huge impact.  Also 3 of the 4 have been, like us, die-hard Hog fans since birth.

Hawgz4Life

I think the key to a successful program, is getting the homegrown boys to stay home. Nothing speaks louder than that (besides their play on the field). I'm excited that the fence seems to be getting mended.