Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greg Childs commits to

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 26, 2007, 02:22:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

the Razorbacks.  I just spoke to his mom and she said he just committed to the Razorbacks.

Hogstocking

Great news Richard!

This is shaping up to be an excellent class.  A clean sweep of Warren, who woulda thunk it.

Boner

Boo-ya.  David Lee and the Hogs go 4 for 4 in Warren.

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

razorbackfan4life

Good news!  Thanks for the update Richard!!  WPS

Hawgballz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 26, 2007, 02:22:31 pm
the Razorbacks.  I just spoke to his mom and she said he just committed to the Razorbacks.

It is a sweep of Southern Arkansas if Dennis Johnson comes on board.  Woo Pig Sooooooooooooie.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

razorbass

Fantastic news Richard. YOU DA MAN!!!!

catfish07

Excellent news, thanks for sharing as always.

Go Hogs! :razorback:
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

PennHOG

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Landonhog

WOW!  Great to have all these Warren guys on board!

WPS!

Jim Harris

So, truthfully, you recruiting experts: Does Warren really have four SEC-caliber players, or did we recruit two calves to get two cows, hence using up almost one-fifth of our class? Inquiring skeptics want to know.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

leavenworth1

David Lee is on an absolute tear, I think he's landed about half of our commits thus far.  This one was a surprise, and a pleasant one. 

PennHOG

6'4"  195  He's big.  Another Monk?  Maybe one of these WR can play DB.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

This is great!  I must say I've been impressed by David Lee's recruiting so far...

notreseveredname

Buck Brewer

They are that good and of better quality than the last big bunch. THe Warren vs. Camden game should be moved to WMS.

Hawgballz

Quote from: drakehog on July 26, 2007, 02:31:46 pm
So, truthfully, you recruiting experts: Does Warren really have four SEC-caliber players, or did we recruit two calves to get two cows, hence using up almost one-fifth of our class? Inquiring skeptics want to know.

Coach Hembree has been quoted several times as saying Basmine Jones maybe the best of the group once they get to college so I definitely don't believe he is a calf.  Chris Gragg is the type of kid that Nutt has always loved smart, hard working and "loves the helmet" so his offer was not a big surprise to me.  On the outside it may look like offering 4 to get 2 but I feel comfortable with these offers when looking deeper.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

TheHogFan

Quote from: leavenworth1 on July 26, 2007, 02:31:56 pm
David Lee is on an absolute tear, I think he's landed about half of our commits thus far.  This one was a surprise, and a pleasant one. 
He can be credited for 8 of the 14.

razorhog52

Basmine could play all kinds of positions
Jarious is a star that can play  both sides of the ball.
Greg Childs is a star and will probably play WR
Chris Gragg is 6'3 and could be turned into a LB, WR, or DE before its all said and done.

Hogstocking

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 26, 2007, 02:38:27 pm

Coach Hembree has been quoted several times as saying Basmine Jones maybe the best of the group once they get to college so I definitely don't believe he is a calf.

Good point.

I also dont think Tennessee, Ole Miss etc. come into Arkansas offering "calves".  Basmine has an offer from both of them.

J.A.Y.

Wow! this is turning into some sort of year. Welcome to the Hogs Greg.

WPS!!!!!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

The Coletrain

Congrats to Greg Childs and welcome aboard!!  Another solid player for the Hogs!!  And kudos to the coaching staff once again.  They are getting it done in the southern part of the state!!   :razorback:
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

leavenworth1

Pass the Kool-Aid fellas. 

mhsbc59

catch heck for not getting instate guys catch heck for signing instate guys... Please grip when its time to grip praise when its time to praise!
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

piggingout

I wouldn't give up any of these wr's we've recruited.  I think that we need everyone of them.  This class is going to give us size, speed, and depth.  Past championship teams like Florida State, USC, Oklahoma, and Florida have all been loaded at that position.  I say bring 'em all.

Cresthog

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 02:46:58 pm

Finally.  A voice of reason and common sense.  I thought the entire fan base had drank the kool aid.

And I'm not saying at all this is why any of the Warren players were offered.

Hmm...lets see. Last season everyone was pissed and freaking out because the so called "fence" around our state seemed to have quite a hole in it. Now that all of our top instaters are committing and deciding to stay at home people want to criticize whether they are good enough or not? Look at the scholarship offers that the Warren boys have. There is a reason Tennessee, Ole Miss, Minnesota, Florida, Colorado, and countless others have offered these boys. Gragg may not have the offers the others do but i honestly believe he was an essential part in getting the others and I do believe he will grow into a terrific SEC type player.

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas is landing the top in-state players and were are tossing out statements that "...are these really SEC level players?"

Basmine, Wright, and Childs are SEC-types.  Gregg will probably develop into one.

Wonder how much bad pub the team would get if Childs and Wright went to other big schools, or even an SEC school.

I'm game for having all of the Warren kids.  Glad to have them aboard!

lrar1974

Welcome aboard Greg. Once you are a Hawg in this state, your legend is cemented.. Congrats to you and your family!

Hogstocking

6 of the top 10 instate kids now on board.  In a few days it will be 7 of the top 10....All before August.  Unbelievable.

Melhog

Does anyone think Hembree may be on staff next yr?  I'm just having trouble figuring out how we got these kids???  They still have to sign though.

Boner

July 26, 2007, 03:06:11 pm #31 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 03:08:08 pm by Boner
Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 02:59:45 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on July 26, 2007, 02:55:58 pm

Finally.  A voice of reason and common sense.  I thought the entire fan base had drank the kool aid.

Hmm...lets see. Last season everyone was pissed and freaking out because the so called "fence" around our state seemed to have quite a hole in it. Now that all of our top instaters are committing and deciding to stay at home people want to criticize whether they are good enough or not? Look at the scholarship offers that the Warren boys have. There is a reason Tennessee, Ole Miss, Minnesota, Florida, Colorado, and countless others have offered these boys. Gragg may not have the offers the others do but i honestly believe he was an essential part in getting the others and I do believe he will grow into a terrific SEC type player.

I'm not questioning if they are good enough.  And again, these "offers" may or may not be real.  If so, then Tennessee must be operating off of our same recruiting list.

Look, the coaches can't comment on recruits.  So you have to go off what the recruits say when it comes to offers.  I know you believe they're either lying or confused about most of their good offers, but that's what we have to go on.

I don't know what anyone can do to convince you that these players were wanted by us and other programs.  If Recruit X comes out says he was offered by Tennessee or whoever, you aren't going to believe them.

I think everyone just needs to accept that you aren't going to believe this is a good class, under any circumstances.  You're ramming your head against a wall to prove this class isn't good, and others are ramming their heads against the wall to prove you wrong.

The sooner you admit that you just don't believe that any kid worth a damn would come to play at Arkansas for this staff, so therefor anyone that does must not be good, the better.

Cresthog

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 02:59:45 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on July 26, 2007, 02:55:58 pm

I'm not questioning if they are good enough.  And again, these "offers" may or may not be real.  If so, then Tennessee must be operating off of our recruiting list.

Rivals usually stays on top whether kids are "offered" or not. I guess since we aren't for sure whether these schools "offered" them or not we shouldn't even bother huh...???

Cresthog

donewithdale, no offense but i feel like your hate for Nutt and the coaching staff is blinding your ability to think logically. Whether you like Nutt or not he is putting together a pretty damn good recruiting class. Heck, I can't stand him but I still realize that he is doing a good job so far with recruiting...and yes I'm proud.

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Trottsky

J.A.Y.

This thread is about Greg Childs choosing the hogs, Take anything else you all have somewhere else.

You are derailing this thread, and disrespecting this young man and his accomplishment.

Once again Congrats Greg, WPS!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Hogstocking

July 26, 2007, 03:29:25 pm #37 Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 03:32:13 pm by Hogstocking
It's amazing how derailed this thread has gotten. 

donewithdale isnt impressed, does anyone really care? 

Tomhog™

I deal with this in MMQB, but will not tolerate any bashing, intended or not in the Recruiting Forum.  Even the indirect bashing of questioning if he is even SEC material.  Did anyone go to see these guys at the Sr's camp and come away with the conclusion that he isn't SEC-worthy?  I didn't see him so I just ahve to trust that the coaches went after them because they believe they are good enough.  Sure, players don't pan out (even the high rated ones).  But before condeming a player, at least give the boy a chance.

Boner

Quote from: donewithdale on July 26, 2007, 03:25:01 pm
Quote from: Cresthog on July 26, 2007, 03:10:18 pm
donewithdale, no offense but i feel like your hate for Nutt and the coaching staff is blinding your ability to think logically. Whether you like Nutt or not he is putting together a pretty damn good recruiting class. Heck, I can't stand him but I still realize that he is doing a good job so far with recruiting...and yes I'm proud.

I think I am being logical and grounded in saving my praise for a commitment from players like a Joe Adams or an out of state recruit from say Louisiana where there is proof we are taking a player Les Miles really wanted or a player from Georgia that is a huge loss for Mark Richt.  If we go to their boards and discuss the players from their states that have committed to us, do you think they would even be aware right now?  No, I'm not overly excited about wr's ranked in the 80s at their position.  Ok- they committed.  Good for them.  

And I have said the staff is improving as they have learned to do recruiting earlier.  Finally they are doing their jobs.  Nutt is managing to keep in state players home.  That is his job.  Why should that deserve extra praise at this point?

Yet, when we do get a recruit from out of state, with some strong offers, like Thomas Shuler, this is your reaction:

One of the recruits that is being hyped due to his list of offers is a two star FB who is leaving a state with college football superpowers to come to Ark.  Are we really supposed to believe this staff did some masterful job of outrecruiting them or is this one of those 'diamonds' that they aren't viewing as a loss?

Your pretend that the offers aren't real, and the kid is overhyped.  You don't believe that anyone who had other options would actually choose Arkansas, or that we could out-recruit these "superpowers."

SoTexHog

Another fine bit of info.  He will be a goodun' I'm tellin' ya.  Welcome aboard and WPS!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

we are really benefitting from a very good instate class.

probably one of the best ever

Squealers

Good Job Richard on the news, and good job Hogs for getting a solid footing on in state recruiting.  Now, lets keep them and develop them to the fullest extent of their abilities.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

PigWig

WPS!

I could not be happier with this class.

If we land Joe and Askew, I think this will be the most successful instate class ever.

Build that Fence!

SoTexHog

Quote from: Tomcat on July 26, 2007, 03:30:07 pm
I deal with this in MMQB, but will not tolerate any bashing, intended or not in the Recruiting Forum.  Even the indirect bashing of questioning if he is even SEC material.  Did anyone go to see these guys at the Sr's camp and come away with the conclusion that he isn't SEC-worthy?  I didn't see him so I just ahve to trust that the coaches went after them because they believe they are good enough.  Sure, players don't pan out (even the high rated ones).  But before condeming a player, at least give the boy a chance.
You go ahead and tell it!!  Bust his A$$.  I don't know if this young man or any of the guys who have committed will be All-Americans or total busts and neither does anyone else.  But we offer, they committed and that makes them Razorbacks.  I'm proud for every last one of 'em
:razorback:      GHG!!   :razorback:

Matt Jones

Quote from: SherlockHog on July 26, 2007, 02:38:26 pm
They are that good and of better quality than the last big bunch. THe Warren vs. Camden game should be moved to WMS.

Warren doesn't play Camden. This is good news to hear, though.

kibster

Quote from: Matt Jones on July 26, 2007, 03:45:04 pm

I beleive that they are playing an exhibition game to start the season.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Wingo Hog

Quote from: kibster on July 26, 2007, 03:48:27 pm
Quote from: Matt Jones on July 26, 2007, 03:45:04 pm

I beleive that they are playing an exhibition game to start the season.

correct sir.

cosmodrum

And back to our regularly scheduled program entitled...

WOO PIG SOOIE!!! Great commitment! Welcome aboard Greg, glad to have you.
Go away, batin'

leavenworth1

Welcome aboard Greg Childs!  Go win a state championship and then get that lanky frame over to the Hill to win another Championship!