Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Recruit Keith Ramsey

Started by Realist, July 16, 2007, 04:41:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Realist

July 16, 2007, 04:41:28 pm Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:55:28 pm by Tomcat

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=43192&sport=2

Says Missouri, Arkansas, and UNLV are after him the hardest right now.  Ramsey is perfect for an up-tempo team and it will likely come down to Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee. 
I went to high school with him and he is as athletically gifted as they come and can really play anywhere on the court.  He left me a face book message about a month ago saying "I might be a razorback"  so we are in contention for him. 
Will be a top 10 JUCO player this year

Razorod

Sounds like a great fit for Pelphrey's system and we need at least one juco big man to help offset the massive graduation at that position after this season.

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

PigWig

Good news. After we lose all of our boys this season we will need some seniority on the team. I hope he can play a role similar to Weems.

blueshog2001

I guess he would have 2 to play 2?

jbhicks

Wonder why none of those 3 have offered yet?

Realist

Quote from: jbhicks on July 16, 2007, 08:08:29 pm
Wonder why none of those 3 have offered yet?
Mike Anderson has given a verbal offer, just hasn't gotten the mail form of it yet.  His high school coaches believe he will end up at UT, but Keith will act non chalant about it like he has no clue where he wants to go. 

jackflash

I am sure he has a school he likes, just hope coach Pel has chance to talk to him, think they will be a least two JC in this next class. Question do you think Mike Anderson will have to show a big improvement this year?

Realist

July 17, 2007, 03:26:22 pm #7 Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:29:20 pm by Realist
Quote from: jackflash on July 17, 2007, 03:05:49 pm
I am sure he has a school he likes, just hope coach Pel has chance to talk to him, think they will be a least two JC in this next class. Question do you think Mike Anderson will have to show a big improvement this year?
Keith knows its in his best interest to go to a style that is up tempo all the time, every coach tells him that.  That being said, he has never been on a losing team, high school team state finals twice, AAU teammate of Brandan Wright, and #2 JUCO team in the nation.  So I don't see him going to a team who isn't competing.   
And he likes alot of schools, Arkansas included but what school is on his mind on a particular day changes literally day to day.  I keep mentioning Arkansas so we aren't too far off his mind but I think whatever coach is most persistent with him will be the one that lands his signature
Here is a picture to put the name with

Realist

sorry, thought it would make you login to read it.

Realist

just spoke with Keith,
Down to Missouri and Arkansas.  Us recruiting Ramsey tells me Pelphrey does plan on running and gunning

The_Bionic_Pig

July 27, 2007, 06:38:21 pm #11 Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 06:40:36 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Realist on July 17, 2007, 05:14:21 pm
sorry, thought it would make you login to read it.

The reasoning behind him doing that is it is seen as free advertising the same way the Rivals & Scout boards have a fit when any poster dare's use a photo from their site to show what a recruit looks like.  I know it may seem quite silly but we have to abide by their copyrights... Realist your information & input  is greatly appreciated so please don't take it the wrong way my friend.  :D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

nughaud

Hrmm, Niceville is just right down the road.  I should go watch an OWCC game and wear my a Razorback shirt to the game and see if he smiles or says something.  OWCC (Okaloosa Walton CC) consistently been in the top 20 of the JUCO ranking and in 2001 they had a player drafted #11 overall in the NBA Draft.  Here is a list of players who went on to major colleges: http://raider.owc.edu/basketball_men/MovingOn.cfm

Here's his stat sheet from last year:

http://faculty.owc.edu/raider/basketball_men/statistics.htm

Here are some of his per game averages.
He was 2nd on the team in scoring (11.2), led the team in steals. (3.0), 2nd on the team in rebounds (7.37) and 2nd on the team in blocks (1.7) 

Looks like he likes to shoot the tre, but is only shooting 30% on 105 attempts which brought down his overall FG% to under 40%.  He shot 53% from inside the arc.

He was also named to the All-Panhandle Conference 1st team along with 2 other OWCC players.

On another note, looks like Mizzu is not only trying to get Ramsey, but also Waller his teammate and point guard.  Also Tubby Smith up in Minnesota is looking at him.
http://raider.owc.edu/basketball_men/mensbasketballnewsitem.cfm?NewsID=1163

He drained 10 3-pointers in their last game for a career high 39 points. His name is Tay Waller

Sure would be nice to have them both up in Fayetteville!

nughaud

Quote from: Realist on July 27, 2007, 06:32:14 pm
just spoke with Keith,
Down to Missouri and Arkansas.  Us recruiting Ramsey tells me Pelphrey does plan on running and gunning

Has Arkansas shown any interest in Waller do you know?

Realist

Waller is a scorer plain and simple.  That boy can fill it up. 
Keith does shoot the 3 more than most guys his size, but when it starts going in, he can get on a serious role.  We usually expected 2-3 3's out of him in high school per game. 

nughaud

Realist, anyway you can talk to Keith and see if there is any interest in Waller by Arkansas or visa versa?  It should would be nice to have them both up in Arkansas.  Looks like Keith could be another in the long line of small forwards that Arkansas seems to be notorious for.