Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Commentator on Hammonds

Started by Waldron_Hog, November 05, 2017, 07:48:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldron_Hog

During the game, one commentator said tj wants to be a wr but coaches want him to be a rb. Anyone with any inside info know if that's true?

hawgdavis

Reverse it. Hell I think he just wants to play . He needs 20 touches per game

SemperHawg

Think about the irony in the fact that a guy Bielema has basically refused to play is probably the only reason he isn't getting fired on the spot today.

DeltaBoy

He needs 20 touchs a game!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rude1

TJ is just another example of this head coach playing favorites, anyone with eyes could see last year that when the kid got a chance he usually produced, yet the opportunities for him have been hard to come by, even moving him to the most loaded position and pushing him to the back of the heap. Only through injuries and the need to win has the fat man gotten him on the field, and even now his production on the field far exceeds what the opportunities are he is being given. If the kid isn't doing the right things off the field to get on the field then don't play him, because it sure seems self serving to play him once your back is against the wall..............

hawg66

He had knee surgery in August then spent weeks in a walking boot. I'm not defending Bielema but there are reasons beyond anyone's control why he's been limited.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

If some how BB wins enough to save his job these last 3 games he better hug and kiss Hammonds because it will be his doings. These last two games we played are losses without him.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

TheEnemy

Quote from: hawg66 on November 05, 2017, 08:41:19 am
He had knee surgery in August then spent weeks in a walking boot. I'm not defending Bielema but there are reasons beyond anyone's control why he's been limited.

Moot point.

He was healthy enough to lead the team in rushing the week before but was only given 1 carry in the 1st half yesterday.

Guess I missed the multiple threads on Hogville concerning that knee injury and walking boot and etc.  Funny, that just popped up.  Guess my computer is just running late with the news.  How the hell did Hammonds get those 1 or 2 plays per game stumbling around in the durn walking boot.  Man oh man, playing those very few touches in a walking boot and doing what he has done.  Shoot take that boot off the kid and he could fly.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: 12247 on November 05, 2017, 08:49:59 am
Guess I missed the multiple threads on Hogville concerning that knee injury and walking boot and etc.  Funny, that just popped up.  Guess my computer is just running late with the news.  How the hell did Hammonds get those 1 or 2 plays per game stumbling around in the durn walking boot.  Man oh man, playing those very few touches in a walking boot and doing what he has done.  Shoot take that boot off the kid and he could fly.

Not to mention last year. I suspect the coaches made up some crap about the RB/WR deal to cover their ineptitude

Seebs

Think there is a reason the  D team  would be commenting on this game. Facts are just inconveniences.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hawg66 on November 05, 2017, 08:41:19 am
What was the reason he didnt get touches last year? Was dominique reed injured too?  Lets be honest. Bielema plays favorites. The guys he likes are "uncommon" and everyone else is a pawn in a jersey
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

lasthog

Quote from: 12247 on November 05, 2017, 08:49:59 am

Wildhog

I’ve always thought he’d be great in a Percy Harvin type role, but at this point just get him the damn ball any way you can, as much as you can.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

jgphillips3

The commentator doesn't know what he's talking about. TJ himself, and people close to him, have said he wants to be a RB but he's willing to play receiver if that is best.  TJ never, ever said HE wanted to be a WR.

Ex-Trumpet

I'd rather listen to commentators be wrong all day long...as long as they are not Beth Mowins.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

greasy_corner

Quote from: rude1 on November 05, 2017, 08:33:00 am
TJ is just another example of this head coach playing favorites, anyone with eyes could see last year that when the kid got a chance he usually produced, yet the opportunities for him have been hard to come by, even moving him to the most loaded position and pushing him to the back of the heap. Only through injuries and the need to win has the fat man gotten him on the field, and even now his production on the field far exceeds what the opportunities are he is being given. If the kid isn't doing the right things off the field to get on the field then don't play him, because it sure seems self serving to play him once your back is against the wall..............

Totally agree, I think Bert makes personal connections and friendships with certain kids and their families during recruitment.  He then thinks he's doing the noble thing by playing them over others who have the ability to help the team more.

longpig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 10:13:55 am
The commentator doesn’t know what he’s talking about. TJ himself, and people close to him, have said he wants to be a RB but he’s willing to play receiver if that is best.  TJ never, ever said HE wanted to be a WR.

Also, Hogs were deep at RB and thin at WR till recently as well and TJ could play either.  Could be he moved back to RB and got more snaps because Hayden was injured and WR play had improved. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

bvillepig

I think last year the excuse was he needed to protect the football better.  I asked a few questions about how did we know because he didn't have enough carries to show a  tendency to fumble.  This year he doesn't know the playbook well enough.

Similar stuff about Reed and route running and Wallace and blocking and others etc.
Anyone think Matt Jones would have played for BB with his laid back attitude?

I think I understand why BB has issues with those that are gifted and don't seem to exert as much effort. They look like they are not exerting as much effort . These types are sometimes the hardest to coach and recognize.

As a walk on he had to play and work beyond his ability to even get a chance. He tends to show favor to  those types.  Thus the uncommon slogan.

buldozer

Quote from: rude1 on November 05, 2017, 08:33:00 am
^^^This^^^
CBB doesn't fit in with AR kids, so he lightly recruits them and doesn't play them if they do come here. You can name a dozen AR kids that would have never got a touch if not for injuries.... and once they were on the field have outshined the players they replaced. Drew Morgan comes to mind among others. CBB is not a fair unbiased judge of talent and this is why he cannot rally the kids to play for him. All the kids know the best talent is not on the field.

HogsonHicks

The commentators made mistakes all day. Nothing quite like making crap up to overcome a lack of preparation.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on November 05, 2017, 07:48:39 am
During the game, one commentator said tj wants to be a wr but coaches want him to be a rb. Anyone with any inside info know if that's true?
He said he wants to be a running back but the coaches wanted him to be a receiver.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ShadowTheHedgehog

He could be used a bit like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Harvin at Florida.
Harvin played mainly WR but also lined up in the backfield and returned kicks.

TJ could be the reverse - mainly HB but also line up as a WR.

Ole Piss had a guy that was built like Michael Jackson 5-6 years ago. Super fast and hard to tackle -that played HB/WR for them.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on November 05, 2017, 07:48:39 am

Anyone else feel the irony when his first ever TD reception came on a RB screen..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Seebs on November 05, 2017, 08:53:04 am
Think there is a reason the  D team  would be commenting on this game. Facts are just inconveniences.

You didn't even slow down their BS one little bit either... LOL.!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Snouty

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 05, 2017, 03:23:44 pm
He could be used a bit like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Harvin at Florida.
Harvin played mainly WR but also lined up in the backfield and returned kicks.

TJ could be the reverse - mainly HB but also line up as a WR.

Ole Piss had a guy that was built like Michael Jackson 5-6 years ago. Super fast and hard to tackle -that played HB/WR for them.

Could he moonwalk?

JONAS

LRHawg

Post game interview heh did, he said he and his folks were glad he's back at RB.