Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's up with multiple players wearing the same number?

Started by A Boy Named Sue E., September 26, 2005, 10:55:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A Boy Named Sue E.

I mean, honestly, what the f#%& is up with that? Reggie Fish's redshirt might still be salvageable if he weren't wearing #2 just like Chris Houston.

Jim Harris

Quote from: A Boy Named Sue E. on September 26, 2005, 10:55:51 am
I mean, honestly, what the f#%& is up with that? Reggie Fish's redshirt might still be salvageable if he weren't wearing #2 just like Chris Houston.

Southern Cal and UCLA have players on offense and defense who wear the same number. If you're only on one side of the ball, you can have the same number as a player on the other side. WHat the hell does this have to do with Reggie Fish getting a reshirt? He's already played against Missouri State as a punt returner. He would have had to have been injured the past three games and miss the rest of the season to get a medical.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

A Boy Named Sue E.

Just being sarcastic about Fish's redshirt. I think he still has to play a certain % of quarters before his redshirt is officially blown, and if they think Chris Houston is Reggie Fish, his redshirt might be blown. Just a silly comment, that's all. I guess my point is that Nutt drives me nuts with trying to please everybody.

PorcineSublime

Actually we covered this earlier and it was decided that if you play a down in an actual game your redshirt is off. Someone even went to the NCAA website and downloaded it. If you want, you can look back ten pages or so and I think it will still be there.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

bigred7987

Jim Harris

Quote from: A Boy Named Sue E. on September 26, 2005, 11:17:27 am
Just being sarcastic about Fish's redshirt. I think he still has to play a certain % of quarters before his redshirt is officially blown, and if they think Chris Houston is Reggie Fish, his redshirt might be blown. Just a silly comment, that's all. I guess my point is that Nutt drives me nuts with trying to please everybody.

well, you are incorrect. They can claim he was hurt if he played in less thatn 25 percent of hte team's games and get a redshirt year applied. Has he been hurt? Otherwise, once you step on the field, you've "blown" your redshirt year.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

JIHawg

Houston doesn't have the balls to tell a new player "somebody already wears that number, pick another one."

DirkPiggler

Quote from: drakehog on September 26, 2005, 10:57:37 am

Southern Cal and UCLA have players on offense and defense who wear the same number. If you're only on one side of the ball, you can have the same number as a player on the other side. WHat the hell does this have to do with Reggie Fish getting a reshirt? He's already played against Missouri State as a punt returner. He would have had to have been injured the past three games and miss the rest of the season to get a medical.

The officials didn't catch it, but we had both Houston and Fish on the field at the same time in the Missouri State game.  Should have been an illegal participation penalty.  Sure, it didn't hurt us there and wouldn't have even if we'd been caught, but think how bad that would have been if it had happened late in a close game after a rare Razorback defensive stop. 
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Thehammer

They did the same thing with Richard Smith and Ahmad Carroll.  Both wore "8.   I don't think it will create a problem in redshirting.