Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Big 12

Started by Droid, September 26, 2005, 10:22:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Droid

September 26, 2005, 10:22:47 am Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:41:15 am by Droid
Hello Everyone,

I brought this up to Bo and Mike during a commercial break on the show but it was not talked about on the air.  All you people out there that say we need to join the Big 12 just don't seem to understand this, Arkansas was invited to join the SEC the key word being INVITE.  We did not just decide to up and the leave the SWC to join the SEC uninvited.  The Big 12 has not extended the Razorbacks any kind of invitation.  Yes geographically it would be a better fit to be in the Big 12 but we don't even know if the Big 12 would want Arkansas.  Then you have to ask the question who would replace the Razorbacks in the SEC?  Who would exit the Big 12 if we were to join?  Just be grateful that we are in a KICKA@#! conference like the SEC.  Things could be worse we could be in Conference USA.

Later,
Droid

HogHeathen

Macgyver_Hawg

Droid, we could go to the Big12 but we would have the same results.  There's always two games a year that we aren't up for.  That wouldn't change.  We'd get beat the same way we're getting beat now.  Then the talk would be joining Conference USA.

After all, the coach asked when he'd get to play vandy, then got beat at home.  He also got beat by Kentucky at home and said coming into his press conf., "Where are the Baylors in this league?"

Same results, count on it. (Even though Broyles is wrong on his 95% "count on it" phrase, he still sounded cool saying it.)

Hornkiller

Droid has a great point, everyone around here for some reason talks like the Big XII is just waiting for us to bat our eyelashes so they can come courting. Let's be real, it's about Television ratings and is the NWA and Little Rock markets really that attractive to the Big XII? For the Big XII right now has the the three big Texas markets (Dallas, Houston, and San Antionio), Denver, Kansas City, OKC and part of St. Louis in the top 50. For them to look at expantion they would want a huge market to compete with the ACC, Big 10, Pac-10 and SEC for advertising dollars. Realistically they're not going to get it raiding Arkansas. Maybe LSU for New Orleans but it's a bigger stretch to think LSU would even think about leaving the SEC.

Just my 2 cents but I'm thinking if the Big XII is to break off a team from the North, Colorado and Missouri would hurt more leaving than Arkansas would coming in to national advertisers. That's not smack, that's fact.

As I've said before, Colorado may or may not go to the Pac-10 but they don't look like they want to expand just to expand like the ACC. Contary to popular belief the Big 10 does not want Missouri and with all the support in Texas (especially in the goverement, don't let Chuckels the clown fool you: the Baylor alumni are powerful down there and would stand up to the rest of the Big XII if a power play was made by threatining to pull funds from A&M and Texas Tech) Baylor isn't going anywhere even after the disgrace of Dave Bliss and the basketball team.

So unless the Big XII is about to become the Big XIV, I don't see Arkanas getting an invite anytime soon. It makes for great talk, but so does dating Brook Burke.

gostAte

Don't worry if Arkansas ever moved into the Big XII, stAte could move into your SEC slot.  ;D