Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville vs. Rogers tonight...!

Started by Ben Steiger, September 23, 2005, 11:03:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Steiger

Anyone else exicited? I sure am, even though I will probably end up sitting with Mounties. :P

GO TIGERS!

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

airnathan012

Ben Steiger

Yep, that was funny... I was sitting with a bunch of my friends, and we were all talking about how he didn't plan it, and yada yada yada. It was hilarous, abeit slightly embarassing for Tiger fans...

I sat on the Mountie side with my friends, and took all sorts of smack.

I told them 'wait till next year!'. Bentonville should be loaded next year, loaded. 

airnathan012

Damn, if he woulda had a car waiting for him in the road, he would've gotten away, but he tried to go hide in the parking lot but got caught.

Ben Steiger

Yep. Me and my friends said that too - we talked about it for a while. All the kids loved it.

We figured it wasn't planned, otherwise he escaped, haha.

UAbandalum

I don't suppose anyone's ever bothered explaining to Rogers that a Mountie and a Moutaineer are not the same thing?

Just wondering . . . . .

Ben Steiger

Ah! Yes! Explain it to me! I need some ammuntion to use against them to tide me over to next year...

I think I get the meaning, but if it's really complex, the more the better! ;)

UAbandalum

A Mountaineer is pretty much the character in the overalls and big hat they have parading around on the sidelines.

A Mountie is a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (see attached picture) - Canada's version of the FBI - DEFINTELY not the same thing.  They've been using the two terms interchangeably for years, and it really makes them look stupid.  My wife is an alum, and she hates the fact that I still bring this topic up with her.  I can understand if it was Mountaineer and Hillbilly or something like that, but these two terms are not REMOTELY similar.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ben Steiger

*evil grin*

Let me send this to them... bwahahaha.

;)