Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale 44 Jenks 0

Started by Eric Sullivan, September 16, 2005, 09:04:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Sullivan

Mustain, 4 TD's Passes, 1 rushing touchdown and the SPRINGDALE "D" Shutout JENKS!!! Very Impressive.

ESully

BigPapaHawg

This just in MM not overated!    ;)
WOO PIG

Bomis Hawg

Mustain will put up super numbers.  Maybe this will help a guy like Clinkscales get a lower D1 schollie over.  Guy plays hard out there, not a bad talent either.

GrizzledHogFan

That's gotta suck going into a game as a nationally ranked team and not only getting stomped on by your opponent's offense, but also getting shut out.  Glad I'm not a Jenks fan.  ;D
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

pioneerbasketball

mikeirwin

Springdale's defense is equal to it's offense.

Kodiak

Hey Mike:
     Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Jenks come to S'dale in the not to distant past and wipe the floor with the Dogs?     "Revenge!"
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

mikeirwin

Quote from: Kodiak on September 16, 2005, 09:58:28 pm
Hey Mike:
Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Jenks come to S'dale in the not to distant past and wipe the floor with the Dogs? "Revenge!"
I think they did that back in the Jarrell Wiliiams days.
Under Malzahn Springdale is 2-0 against them at Springdale, 0-1 at Jenks.

razorback44

I don't know if any of you guys work at KNWA, but just letting anyone who does know, that they just reported the Springdale-Jenks score as 40-0.  Someone might want to correct that one, before they broadcast again.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

The Max Swineberg 7

Yeah, Mitch put up big numbers.

But he did it against Jenks.  I mean, when are they going to actually play somebody with real talent?

(sarcasm)
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

UAbandalum

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on September 16, 2005, 10:40:00 pm

But he did it against Jenks. I mean, when are they going to actually play somebody with real talent?

(sarcasm)

Not during conference play, that's for sure.  Their conference opponents suck.  No wonder they win every year.  I'm sure Gus would just assume play teams like Jenks since their conference opponents definitely won't give them any problems - apparently, Jenks didn't tonight either.

Speaking of Coach Gus, anyone know how many on-side kicks the Bulldogs did tonight?

UsACoL1004

Great game tonight.  Solid offense and defense.  This team could have easily put up 60 pts against Jenks.  Penalties in the 2nd quarter and plus the 2nd team played most of the 4th.  I was sitting on the "visitors" side and they were totally shocked.  Going to be a long trip back to Jenks.

Great win for Springdale!

UsACoL1004

Quote from: UAbandalum on September 16, 2005, 10:55:43 pm
Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on September 16, 2005, 10:40:00 pm

But he did it against Jenks. I mean, when are they going to actually play somebody with real talent?

(sarcasm)

Not during conference play, that's for sure.  Their conference opponents suck.  No wonder they win every year.  I'm sure Gus would just assume play teams like Jenks since their conference opponents definitely won't give them any problems - apparently, Jenks didn't tonight either.

Speaking of Coach Gus, anyone know how many on-side kicks the Bulldogs did tonight?

None

DOGALUM

No onside kicks tonight.  WHAT A GAME!!!   

I trust there will be no more posts on Springdale defense being soft.  They answered some questions tonight. 

The crowd was AWESOME tonight.  WHAT A GAME!!

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hydrophonic

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 16, 2005, 10:04:23 pm
Under Malzahn Springdale is 2-0 against them at Springdale, 0-1 at Jenks.

Quote from: DrMongoose on September 16, 2005, 10:23:13 pmI don't recall jenks ever winning in springdale. I know Williams team beat them in springdale and the jenks coach went nuts in the locker room and end up losing his job over whatever happened - no one would say what it was - and later resurfaced in sallisaw. ron lancaster. is he still there?

According to the announcers from Jenks, this was the 7th meeting with Jenks leading the series 5-1.  Or maybe it was the 8th meeting with Jenks leading 6-1 before tonight.  They also said that the last time Jenks played at Springdale was 2002 and Springdale won 30 some odd to 20 some odd.  Jenks current coach has been the head man for 10 years.

I'm a little blurry on the details, been drinking Creek for several hours.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

OklaU

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 16, 2005, 10:11:23 pm
Jenks thumped FS Northside during Matt Jones' senior season. Kejuan Jones, Adrian Peterson's backup at OU, put on a show that night.

Jenks is reportedly down a bit this season. Still a very impressive win by Springdale.

Jenks hasn't even been close to the teams of the late 90s.  They were spitting out D1 talent left and right, including Butkis winner Rocky Calmus.

Regardless it is a great win for Springdale.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Lando Calrissian

Both Jenks and Evangel used to destroy Springdale back towards the end of the Jarrell Williams days.

I never thought I'd see the day when S'dale made them their whipping boys.  Part of me sort of wished Malzahn would've run up the score on them (which could have EASILY been done), just to pay them back for all of those times.

35-7 and 44-0 whippings on national tv will have to suffice.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

OklaU

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 17, 2005, 12:00:23 am
Both Jenks and Evangel used to destroy Springdale back towards the end of the Jarrell Williams days.

That's the point I was trying to make.  Jenks and Evangel are not what they used to be.  Still good quality programs but they don't dominate and spit out the talent like the oldie days.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

DOGALUM

Quote from: OklaU on September 17, 2005, 12:08:50 am

That's the point I was trying to make. Jenks and Evangel are not what they used to be. Still good quality programs but they don't dominate and spit out the talent like the oldie days.
Look.......I don't pretend to be an expert on Jenks or Evangel football history.......but I do know that Jenks has won 7 out of the last 10 Oklahoma titles, and Evangel won the Louisiana title last year.  Everyone said before the year started that Springdale was crazy to face those two teams.....and after each DOMINANT beat down....people start talking about how those programs have obviously lost a step or two.  And OklaU....I'm not trying to argue with you.....I'm just saying that we should at least consider the possibility that Springdale is THAT DAMN GOOD.  Same thing happened last year with Evangel...and they won it all down there.  The reason that those teams destroyed Springdale in Williams days has more to do with the change in Springdale's team than the changes at those schools....IMO anyway.  I watched those games under Williams.....and still watch the games today.  Springdale is the difference....not the opponents.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: OklaUJenks and Evangel are not what they used to be.

I couldn't disagree more with that statement.

Why can't people accept that Springdale *IS* that good this year?

I had a lot of friends on those Springdale teams that got thumped over the years and even they agree that their teams "couldn't hold up this current Springdale team's jockstrap."  And yes, I actually heard an ex-Bulldog player say that.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

rricha

this team is for real.  they are a year older and much more physical its not just the mitch show

razorback44

Quote from: OklaU on September 17, 2005, 12:08:50 am

That's the point I was trying to make. Jenks and Evangel are not what they used to be. Still good quality programs but they don't dominate and spit out the talent like the oldie days.

Sprindale just beat the #1 team in Oklahoma 44-0...I think that means that they are THAT good.

Porky Pig

Quote from: Eric Sullivan on September 16, 2005, 09:04:40 pm
Mustain, 4 TD's Passes, 1 rushing touchdown and the SPRINGDALE "D" Shutout JENKS!!! Very Impressive.

ESully

Eric, I like you a lot man and I watch your sports telecast just about every night. Springdale is a solid team and nationally ranked but please quit talking about them like they are the only team in NWA. The Fayetteville PurpleDogs,  which is the real Bulldog color, will win the 5A west this season. Just like the recent past. So give attension to all teams in the confrence please.

Porky Pig

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 16, 2005, 09:43:30 pm

That's Mike Irwin for you. Talk about Springdale like they're the Hogs and hide the fact that you ain't in LA like the rest of the NWA channels. By the way, Springdale had orange slices tonight after the game. Fact from Channel five. Poor, poor effort from the local NWA CBS affiliate. It's good for everyone though that the Reddogs pulled this one out.  Russellville is thankful for the fact that the Springdale "D" did it's job. So what if Van Buren lost, Springdale won and that's what it's all about.

Lando Calrissian

Suey Wong has got to be, at best, 18 years old.

Lando Calrissian

No wait, Suey Wong is 35. 

Now that's REALLY scary.

razorback44

Quote from: Suey Wong on September 17, 2005, 01:42:40 am

ESully

Eric, I like you a lot man and I watch your sports telecast just about every night. Springdale is a solid team and nationally ranked but please quit talking about them like they are the only team in NWA. The Fayetteville PurpleDogs,  which is the real Bulldog color, will win the 5A west this season. Just like the recent past. So give attension to all teams in the confrence please.

Just like the recent past?  Now, correct me if I am wrong, but the most recent past had Springdale storming through the 5A west last year.  True, Fayetteville did win it the year before that, but in most recent terms, Springdale holds that title.  Now, how in the world do you think Fayetteville will actually stop Springdale?  They just beat #1 in OK Jenks, and have beaten the defending, not sure of the classification, state champions of LA, Evangel.  I think that Springdale will be able to handle Fayetteville this year. 

Lando Calrissian

Exactly.

Lets see, the #1 team in Arkansas vs the #1 team in Oklahoma.

Hmmm, lets see, wonder what the top high school sports highlight might be that night...hmm.

Fayetteville waxed Pine Bluff just like they were supposed to and I know for a fact I saw those highlights on 5.

I don't think there was a single person in the area, even among the most ardent, optimistic Springdale fans, that predicted the sledghammer they dropped on Jenks earlier.

I have to admit it caught me by surprise.  I missed the first quarter of the game (sorry, everybody's gotta eat) and when I flip on the radio & hear Springdale is up 16-0, the first words out of my mouth (and my g/f can vouch for this) are "Holy shiit."

razorback44

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 17, 2005, 02:47:23 am
Exactly.

Lets see, the #1 team in Arkansas vs the #1 team in Oklahoma.

Hmmm, lets see, wonder what the top high school sports highlight might be that night...hmm.

Fayetteville waxed Pine Bluff just like they were supposed to and I know for a fact I saw those highlights on 5.

I don't think there was a single person in the area, even among the most ardent, optimistic Springdale fans, that predicted the sledghammer they dropped on Jenks earlier.

I have to admit it caught me by surprise. I missed the first quarter of the game (sorry, everybody's gotta eat) and when I flip on the radio & hear Springdale is up 16-0, the first words out of my mouth (and my g/f can vouch for this) are "Holy shiit."

Even the Jenks announcers on the radio couldn't believe it, they kept debating when the last time the Jenks had been shut out by someone other than Union, in 2002 or 2003, I can't remember.  They couldn't come up with an answer.  They were as shocked by the outcome as everyone else.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: razorback44Even the Jenks announcers on the radio couldn't believe it, they kept debating when the last time the Jenks had been shut out by someone other than Union, in 2002 or 2003, I can't remember. They couldn't come up with an answer. They were as shocked by the outcome as everyone else.

I heard that.  They were shut out by Union 2 years ago for the first time in 180+ games.

So yes, it is a big deal that they didn't score, and while I admit I didn't see the game, I listened to a very good portion of it (the Jenks broadcast) and I don't recall a moment where Jenks was even in field goal range.

razorback44

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 17, 2005, 02:59:20 am
Quote from: razorback44Even the Jenks announcers on the radio couldn't believe it, they kept debating when the last time the Jenks had been shut out by someone other than Union, in 2002 or 2003, I can't remember. They couldn't come up with an answer. They were as shocked by the outcome as everyone else.

I heard that. They were shut out by Union 2 years ago for the first time in 180+ games.

So yes, it is a big deal that they didn't score, and while I admit I didn't see the game, I listened to a very good portion of it (the Jenks broadcast) and I don't recall a moment where Jenks was even in field goal range.

Yeah, I got home at halftime from work and couldn't believe the score.  I was worried I would be missing a good game by coming home that late.  I was shocked it was a blowout.  Rivals.com's high school football page had it as one of their best games of the year.  Even when Springdale tried to shut it down and just run the ball they still scored.  I think that shows how good Springdale is going to be this year.

AFWarrior83

I really wish we could get all of the springdale 5, but after them seeing us lose to Vandy, and Notre Dame beating Michigan, where would you want to go?
Hogville member since 2005.

JackJohnson

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 17, 2005, 05:47:35 am
I really wish we could get all of the springdale 5, but after them seeing us lose to Vandy, and Notre Dame beating Michigan, where would you want to go?

You would think they would all see how dominant they are TOGETHER and want to carry that success to ONE team.

It will be interesting to see if they follow Malzahn onto Butch's staff come Feb signing day

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 17, 2005, 12:18:41 am

I had a lot of friends on those Springdale teams that got thumped over the years and even they agree that their teams "couldn't hold up this current Springdale team's jockstrap." And yes, I actually heard an ex-Bulldog player say that.

I'm an ex-Bulldog player (Go Red Dogs!).  Springdale Football is no longer a state wide program.  It's a national program and there isn't a Springdale Football team of the Jarrell Williams era that could hold this teams' jock strap.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

HogDodging

ESully

Are you talking about the same Fayetteville team that got very lucky at Alma last week and pulled a win out of their arses?  That's the same Alma team Springdale beat in a scrimmage a week earlier something like 70-7.
I see a mercy rule win coming up for Springdale on September 30.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Suey Wong on September 17, 2005, 01:59:16 am

That's Mike Irwin for you. Talk about Springdale like they're the Hogs and hide the fact that you ain't in LA like the rest of the NWA channels. By the way, Springdale had orange slices tonight after the game. Fact from Channel five. Poor, poor effort from the local NWA CBS affiliate. It's good for everyone though that the Reddogs pulled this one out. Russellville is thankful for the fact that the Springdale "D" did it's job. So what if Van Buren lost, Springdale won and that's what it's all about.
Talk about a disjointed stupid post.
What do you mean talk about them like they were the Hogs ?
I make a simple comment that their defense is as good as their offense, something that often gets over looked. What does that have to do with the Hogs ?
Explain how not being in LA results in a poor effort of covering the Springdale game ?
Sounds like you work for one of the other TV stations here.
I can't see why anyone else on this board would care.

Adam Stokes

So what are the averages of Mitch Mustain?  TD's per game, yards, rushing TD's, etc.  I want MM to regain his number 1 QB spot over Matt Stafford.

TulsaHogFan

Why does all HS football not use the mercy rule, last night Owasso put up 63 on a team.  MM numbers might be better if he could score more, he might have had 5 or 6 td passes last night if they allowed him to keep going.

Hawgbrew

Quote from: PBD on September 17, 2005, 09:16:29 am
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 17, 2005, 12:18:41 am

I had a lot of friends on those Springdale teams that got thumped over the years and even they agree that their teams "couldn't hold up this current Springdale team's jockstrap." And yes, I actually heard an ex-Bulldog player say that.

I'm an ex-Bulldog player (Go Red Dogs!). Springdale Football is no longer a state wide program. It's a national program and there isn't a Springdale Football team of the Jarrell Williams era that could hold this teams' jock strap.

Until they go undefeated and win the state championship they havent proven to be better than the last red dog championship team in '89.  That team had one loss on the road to nationally #7 ranked Jeff City MO. 13-1 and had like 9 points scored on them in the last 6 games including a 31-0 beatdown of Fayetteville.

BigOFokker

You have to give Mitch and offense some credit for the job they did in the game. But, I believe the Springdale defensed should start getting a lot of attention for the amazing job they are doing. They have only had 10 points scored on them this year.

Call The Hogs

GrizzledHogFan

ESully

Fayetteville is going to beat Springdale this year?  I like your sense of humor.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Suey Wong on September 17, 2005, 01:59:16 am

That's Mike Irwin for you. Talk about Springdale like they're the Hogs and hide the fact that you ain't in LA like the rest of the NWA channels. By the way, Springdale had orange slices tonight after the game. Fact from Channel five. Poor, poor effort from the local NWA CBS affiliate. It's good for everyone though that the Reddogs pulled this one out. Russellville is thankful for the fact that the Springdale "D" did it's job. So what if Van Buren lost, Springdale won and that's what it's all about.

The Springdale Bulldogs are the defending 5-A West champs.  They're receiving NATIONAL media attention, not just local.  The media cover what's hot.  Right now that's Springdale.  Get over it.

Eric Sullivan

September 17, 2005, 02:06:41 pm #43 Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 02:09:00 pm by Eric Sullivan

ESully

Thanks for the response.. But if you watched I had Fayetteville on last night whipping Pine Bluff. Last night was a NO BRAINER for who got the top billing.. #1 team from ARK ( Springdale ) vs. #1 team Ok ( Jenks ) You just don't get match ups like that in High School very ofter. I hope you understand. thanks again.

ESUlly

rcooper

HOG-UP

Just like the recent past?  Now, correct me if I am wrong, but the most recent past had Springdale storming through the 5A west last year.  True, Fayetteville did win it the year before that, but in most recent terms, Springdale holds that title.  Now, how in the world do you think Fayetteville will actually stop Springdale?  They just beat #1 in OK Jenks, and have beaten the defending, not sure of the classification, state champions of LA, Evangel.  I think that Springdale will be able to handle Fayetteville this year.  

Jenks is and has been for several years a power house in OK.  I lived in Tulsa for a few years and let me tell you it doesn't take a good team but a great team to be on top in OK.  They have a coach that doesn't perform in the first 2 years they are gone.  I know because that is what happen to the coach at Memorial Hs.  (now assistant coach at Broken Arrow)  As for Evangel they are either class 6-A or 5-A I don't remember. But because of them always winning it or most of the time any way. The other      schools got with the powers that be and changed the criteria to be in that class. Now due to their enrollment they are a class 3-A.  I will tell you this I wouldn't want to be 3-A school this year in LA.  As for Springdale...They are the real thing if anyone in the conference gets close to them it will be because Springdale has become to cocky and is thinking they will walk over someone.  I don't think Coach M. will let that happen.  I see a ring in the future for the Springdale Bulldogs and if they continue to play like they are now and like they can, they shouldn't have any problems getting bringing it home.