Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which 2 RBs would you rather take between Brown, Payton, Emmitt, or Sanders?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 05, 2017, 09:06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of these 4 RB's which two would you take on your team?

Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders

Sweet Feet

HiggiePiggy

Barry Sanders all the way.  Greatest running back to ever play in my opinion. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Tai_Mai_Shu

As a Bears fan gotta go with Payton and Barry Sanders as my other pick. Dude was unreal.

bennyl08

Need more info.

First, are they playing in today's NFL? Or, which two would I rather have relative to their own period in the NFL?

If it is to be in today's NFL, then a followup question. Are we transferring them directly like via a time machine, or are we going to have the grow up with modern nutrition and weightlifting, etc...?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HiggiePiggy

All I can say is that Emmitt Smith should be sending a thank you letter to Barry Sanders for retiring early. 

Oh yeah and screw the Detroit Lions. 

Deep Shoat

Brown and Sanders were the most talented RB's, maybe ever.

Walter and Emmitt mixed a lot of talent with a lot of hard work and a "never give up" attitude.

I voted for Walter and Emmitt.
All Gas, No Brakes!

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

RebHog

Nice topic! I had to vote for smith and sanders but damn flip a coin on all of em. Life long Dallas fan but I think Sanders is the best back of all time. If he and Smith swapped teams both would still have great careers but I don't think Smith could duplicate what Sanders did with that awful franchise/O line.

HiggiePiggy

alohawg

Tough, especially to pass on such a great Cowboy, but I had to go with Brown and Sanders on my fantasy team.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

EastexHawg

Jim Brown is the greatest football player who ever lived.  Jerry Rice is among the contenders for second place.

Brown was 6'2", weighed 232, and was tough as nails.  That was a real man running the football.  He could either run through you or outrun you.  He would be just as dominant today as he was back then. 

He also said one of the greatest and funniest lines I ever heard when he said he would come out of retirement at age 48 before he would let a sissy like Franco Harris break his all-time rushing record.  A guy as big as Franco who ran out of bounds to avoid contact wasn't worthy in Brown's opinion.  He was fine with Payton breaking it, but not Harris.

Jackrabbit Hog

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders.  A legitimate thunder and lightning backfield.

As a footnote, while I wouldn't take Walter Payton as a RB over those two, I'd find someplace to put him.  With all due respect to Jim Brown and Jerry Rice, Walter Payton was probably the most complete football player to ever play the game.  Best blocker, receiver, punter and kicker the Bears had, and Ditka once said he would have been an all-pro strong safety if he'd had the guts to play Walter there.  Dude was just a football player, through and through.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

lwillin

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 06, 2017, 06:36:44 pm
Walter and Emmitt had great teams.  Not so much for Sanders
The Bears posted above .500 records in 6 of Payton's 13 seasons, so they were great during the Super Bowl season and a few other years during that time frame. The rest of those seasons they were mediocre to just plain bad.

RebHog

E. Smith putting the team on his back to win the super bowl with a separated shoulder pins him in my all time top 2. Barry made so many plays where over half the defense had a chance to tackle him and missed is why he is my #1. I am limited to what I witnessed with my own eyeballs so my youth has a bias here. Campbell and Bo should be thrown into the mix as well. Its honestly who affected you most at what age you watched them. I witnessed Michael Jordan as a kid and think he is the greatest of all time. You have younger groups now that see what MJ did but think Lebron is better. I disagree but is it on the same principle of how MJ, E.Smith and B.Sanders effected me vs the payton, browns, campbells of the world I only saw on tape...??? yikes this went a lot deeper then I wanted.....pretty lit on Friday night be easy!!!!!

niels_boar

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 06, 2017, 06:36:44 pm
Walter and Emmitt had great teams.  Not so much for Sanders

Actually Payton played the prime of his career as virtually the entire offense for Chicago.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hoglady

Brown and Sanders.

But "Sweetness" is probably my all time favorite player.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality