Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love them or hate them.

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, September 27, 2013, 05:55:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

The Yankees, players, fans from everywhere, and the game of baseball itself lost not only the greatest at what he did of all time. More importantly one of the classiest individuals in all sports. 

I'm gonna Miss seeing Mo out there in the pin stripes.  What a scene last night. Seen it 6 or 7 times and still chokes me up.  I'm not usually an emotional guy about stuff like that, but just wow is all I could say.

Great move by Girardi sending Pettitte and Jeter to take the ball from him last night.  Talked to a couple sports talk Gus in DFW that said they lost it a bit last night as well.

I feel privileged to have seen him play in person dozens of times, and have my own personal story for why he is a class act.

Mariano will be missed by all.
Let's make some waves.

gutshot

Hate them (the Core Four) from the deepest pits of my stomach, but also in the most respectful way possible if that makes any sense.  That was a great scene last night.

PonderinHog

I'm gonna miss him. Sounds gay or not. Gonna miss MO. The Bronx won't be the same. Wow how time flies!
Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 02, 2013, 01:06:12 pm
No love lost for the Yankees.

Or the Clebuuuuuurne yellow jackets! Or the choker Rangers who missed tier chance at winning even 1.
Let's make some waves.