Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas boys representing.

Started by pigture perfect, April 05, 2013, 10:45:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

April 05, 2013, 10:45:12 am Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:53:13 pm by pigture perfect
Cliff Lee (Benton) and Travis Wood (Bryant) definitely had dominating performances. Lee was almost unhittable and Wood almost ended up with a ND after Carlos Marmol allowed the winning run to reach base in the ninth.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Willyboy

Craig Gentry (Fort Smith) singled in the 8th and stole second before beating the throw home in a tie game after Ian Kinsler singled directly to the right fielder with 2 outs.  Rangers won 3-2 on Friday night.

pigture perfect

I changed the title of the thread so we can keep up with our Arkansas natives.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ray Piggers

Drew Smyly came and shut down the yankees for four perfect innings a few days ago and earned his first save of his career.

edit: Former players or just natives?
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

pigture perfect

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on April 07, 2013, 07:54:51 pm
Drew Smyly came and shut down the yankees for four perfect innings a few days ago and earned his first save of his career.

edit: Former players or just natives?
If they choose to come to this state for college they are adopted sons.

pigture perfect

AJ Burnette lost a heartbreaker yesterday. He pitched great. Just gave up one run. Too bad the Pirates couldn't score at all.

OnTheHillHogFan

Eric Hinske had a PH HR tonight for the Diamondbacks.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Ray Piggers

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 07, 2013, 11:23:45 pm
If they choose to come to this state for college they are adopted sons.

Thanks for the clarification!

Torii Hunter is off to a smokin' start to the 2013 season batting .391. Not bad for a guy who's gonna be 38 later this season!
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

pigture perfect

Torii has been a great representative of Arkansas. What a personality.

clutch

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on April 08, 2013, 01:04:25 am
Thanks for the clarification!

Torii Hunter is off to a smokin' start to the 2013 season batting .391. Not bad for a guy who's gonna be 38 later this season!

I wasn't expecting that start from him. I was thinking he was at the end of his road. Let's see if he can keep it up.

pigture perfect

A.J. Beat the crap out of my Cards tonight. 1 hit them. SHowed signs of his old self.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 18, 2013, 12:28:45 am
A.J. Beat the crap out of my Cards tonight. 1 hit them. SHowed signs of his old self.

Like so many, going to the Yankees was the worst thing that could have happened to A.J.  He was like a fish out of water there. 

Reminds me of McReynolds being in that zoo that was the '86 Mets.  I always wondered how long and productive a career he would have had if he had stayed in San Diego or, better yet, been traded to the Cardinals for the duration of his career.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pigture perfect

Dallas Keuchel starts for the Astro's tonight against the Royals. Good luck.

99toLife

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 20, 2013, 12:59:52 pm
Dallas Keuchel starts for the Astro's tonight against the Royals. Good luck.
The Royals just got swept and lost all the games by one run. As a Royals fan I won't cheer for anything tonight other than a good close game.

pigture perfect

Dallas got his first win last night against a very good pitcher in Guthrie.

yraciv

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 21, 2013, 03:16:07 pm
Dallas got his first win last night against a very good pitcher in Guthrie.

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone refer to Guthrie as good much less very good. He is about as average as they come.

pigture perfect

Been good this year. 5-2 for the Royals would almost make him worthy of Cy Young consideration.

yraciv

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 21, 2013, 09:38:58 pm
Been good this year. 5-2 for the Royals would almost make him worthy of Cy Young consideration.

Opponents are batting .270 against him with a .832 OPS, saber metrics aren't too kind to him either. Just cause the Royals choose to score when he is on the mound doesn't make him good.

pigture perfect

yraciv

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 21, 2013, 10:31:29 pm
Still doesn't change my post.

Leave it to the Cardinal fan to have low standards for a good pitcher then. Shocking, considering you have the best rotation in baseball right now. But yes Dallas Keuchel did get his first win of the season!

pigture perfect

Quote from: yraciv on May 22, 2013, 12:18:40 am
Leave it to the Cardinal fan to have low standards for a good pitcher then. Shocking, considering you have the best rotation in baseball right now. But yes Dallas Keuchel did get his first win of the season!
looks like someone has their shorts in a twist over an opinion about baseball.

pigture perfect

Logan Forsythe making Sportscenter a couple of time tonight.

pigture perfect

Dallas K. is 4-3 for the Astro's. Having a good year in a tough situation.

BZA99

QuoteLike so many, going to the Yankees was the worst thing that could have happened to A.J.  He was like a fish out of water there.

Reminds me of McReynolds being in that zoo that was the '86 Mets.  I always wondered how long and productive a career he would have had if he had stayed in San Diego or, better yet, been traded to the Cardinals for the duration of his career.

Yep. Having McReynolds paired with those Padre teams of the 80s probably would've led to a few more playoff appearances. But didn't he break his wrist after the NLCS (right after SD clinched over Chicago), forcing him to miss the '84 series against Detroit?

If so, it definitely helped the Tigers - who didn't need much assistance after such a dominating year.

pigture perfect

Cliff Lee sitting at 10-2. Hate that he plays for the Phils.