Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard

Started by tconey1, January 28, 2018, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

Quote from: hoglady on January 28, 2018, 09:31:27 pm
We are a better team with Beard than without.
CJ Jones or Darius Hall can't do what Beard does - no way they could handle the ball that many minutes without turning it over too much.
+1
See guys.... This is what making sense looks like.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 28, 2018, 09:38:06 pm
You are delusional dude!! He gets burnt every game....road kill can drive by him, he can't defend anybody with average skills at best. Like I said before he always seems to be open because nobody fears his shot. He should just work on get gafford the ball and forget about scoring PERIOD!
you do realize that by stating PERIOD at the end of a statement you are declaring it over, so by using the word and an exclamation point you....
You know what, you wouldn't understand. You obviously don't understand basketball.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pigswill

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 28, 2018, 05:38:05 pm
I think Beard will be missed more than you folks realize next year. Yes, he makes mistakes. But he's a leader, and he has no fear. He's a throwback, IMO, to some of the really good Nolan teams that won with inferior talent, but bigger heart and belief in themselves.

I don't think he will be missed at all next year. Hogs have some REAL point guards and shooting guards both on tap for 2018!

The Hogfather

Quote from: HogNiner12 on January 28, 2018, 09:40:12 pm
Ha ha ha!! Please lay off the crack!!

Just compare their numbers and get back to me.  I know a guy like you probably just looks at scoring average and calls it a day, but there's more to it than that.  Beard shoots less, shoots a better %, shoots less 3s (neither one shoots 3s well and they were basically even until yesterday's terrible shooting performance by Beard---likely because I have been talking shiz about Allen and singing Beard's praises), averages more rebounds, more assists, basically same turnover numbers, basically same steal numbers.

johnfanman

Beard was his usual terrible self. Turnover, darn shots, and bad decisions. Granted the one good move and layup he made with the left hand. But, 1 out of 10 good plays does not make a good player.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

The Hogfather

Quote from: johnfanman on January 28, 2018, 10:12:28 pm
Beard was his usual terrible self. Turnover, darn shots, and bad decisions. Granted the one good move and layup he made with the left hand. But, 1 out of 10 good plays does not make a good player.

He did have a terrible shooting night and I hate he didn't give that ball up to Jones for an easy layup.  However, he also had 6 assists, zero turnovers, and 4 rebounds.  That's better than Kevaughn Allen can do!  Allen probably has 6 assists for the whole season.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Pigswill on January 28, 2018, 10:00:02 pm
I don't think he will be missed at all next year. Hogs have some REAL point guards and shooting guards both on tap for 2018!

Yall will find a way to complain about them too. It's what this site does.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 28, 2018, 10:15:40 pm
He did have a terrible shooting night and I hate he didn't give that ball up to Jones for an easy layup.  However, he also had 6 assists, zero turnovers, and 4 rebounds.  That's better than Kevaughn Allen can do!  Allen probably has 6 assists for the whole season.

I looked it up.  Beard has 63 assists and only averages 30 minutes a game.  Allen has 45 assists and averages 31.1 minutes a game.

Coondog Hog

Mike is in a tough spot.  Barford, Macon, and Beard are some selfish ball hogs, BUT If they ain't on the floor we lose a chit ton more games this year because they are all good players.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Rawker

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 28, 2018, 06:17:44 pm
Biggest bunch of BS ever! Maybe you should go back and look at the South Carolina game last year. Beard was sick and we played our best game of last year. No coincidence. He won't be missed.

While I agree 100%, we need to chill, people.  These are human beings and they might even see this.  I'm going to just hope Beard hits these shots like the one he made against Georgia near the end. 

hawgball40

January 29, 2018, 09:39:52 am #60 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:17:16 pm by hawgball40
idk about beard but #31 is not starter caliber in my opinion. the poster who said #23 and #20 aren't better is probably right, but i think #23 and #20 both give us advantages in comparison to #31. #23 gives us a 3 point threat and #20 gives us defense and athleticism. #31 gives us multiple turnovers, hesistation 3's, stand and dribble for 5 seconds, mumble to himself, tunnel vision, bad shot selection, and the occassional good play and 1 or 2 big plays a game on offense or defense. not worth the cost of admission. he could have hit #23 for a monster oop on saturday in transition but like a retard he drove to the cup and got stuffed. smh dude is a meme of himself. Butt f*ck it. He graduates this year. Let him enjoy it. I wish he were better but he's not. go hogs

The Hogfather

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 29, 2018, 09:39:52 am
idk about beard but #31 is trash. the poster who said #23 and #20 aren't better is dumb. #23 gives us a 3 point threat and #20 gives us defense and athleticism. #31 gives us multiple turnovers, hesistation 3's, stand and dribble for 5 seconds, mumble to himself, tunnel vision, bad shot selection, and the occassional good play and 1 or 2 big plays a game on offense or defense. not worth the cost of admission. he could have hit #23 for a monster oop on saturday in transition but like a retard he drove to the cup and got stuffed. smh dude is a meme of himself. Butt f*ck it. He graduates this year. Let him enjoy it. I wish he were better but he's not. go hogs

The only guys on our team with a lower turnover rate (turnovers per minute played) are:

JT Plummer (1 minute played, 0 turnovers):  0.0000
Arlando Cook (0.3 turnovers per game, 11.5 minutes per game in 14 games):  0.0261
C.J. Jones (0.5 turnovers per game, 16.2 minutes per game in 21 games):  0.0309
Adrio Bailey 0.6 turnovers per game, 14.4 minutes per game in 21 games):  0.0417

Anton Beard averages 1.3 turnovers per game in 30.1 minutes per game for 21 games:  0.0432

hoglady

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 29, 2018, 09:39:52 am
idk about beard but #31 is trash. the poster who said #23 and #20 aren't better is dumb. #23 gives us a 3 point threat and #20 gives us defense and athleticism. #31 gives us multiple turnovers, hesistation 3's, stand and dribble for 5 seconds, mumble to himself, tunnel vision, bad shot selection, and the occassional good play and 1 or 2 big plays a game on offense or defense. not worth the cost of admission. he could have hit #23 for a monster oop on saturday in transition but like a retard he drove to the cup and got stuffed. smh dude is a meme of himself. Butt f*ck it. He graduates this year. Let him enjoy it. I wish he were better but he's not. go hogs

Some fan you are calling one of our players trash.
That should never be said about any player in any sport who wears the Razorback uniform.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 29, 2018, 10:08:19 am
The only guys on our team with a lower turnover rate (turnovers per minute played) are:

Arlando Cook (0.3 turnovers per game, 11.5 minutes per game in 14 games):  0.0261
Adrio Bailey 0.6 turnovers per game, 14.4 minutes per game in 21 games):  0.0417

Anton Beard averages 1.3 turnovers per game in 30.1 minutes per game for 21 games:  0.0432

It's hard to compare turnover rate between Beard and those guys because they aren't really primary ball handlers. Even Jones - he's in there to shoot not bring the ball up the floor.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

The Hogfather

Quote from: hoglady on January 29, 2018, 10:12:22 am
It's hard to compare turnover rate between Beard and those guys because they aren't really primary ball handlers. Even Jones - he's in there to shoot not bring the ball up the floor.

I know.  Makes Beard look even better, especially when you think about our style of play as well.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Rawker on January 28, 2018, 11:12:16 pm
While I agree 100%, we need to chill, people.  These are human beings and they might even see this.  I'm going to just hope Beard hits these shots like the one he made against Georgia near the end.

I am going to agree. We need Beard to play good to win these games. I sure hope he finishes strong. Trying to be positive here and he is a Hog. Lets get on a roll and win 7 or 8 of these last 10 games.

Most on here commenting don't have a clue they want to drag up some stat to make them look smart. When if they watched the game and had a clue would not need stats. Stats can an do NOT tell the story.

Hawg Red

Like it or not, Beard is a vital part of the Hogs' success, and he's generally played pretty well this season. But he's definitely a bitter pill to swallow when you watch him play and he's not able to get separation from a defender with the ball in hands or he goes into the paint and gets his shot sent back. He's short and not very athletic, and that makes him a pretty big liability at times. But his grit and heart compensate at other times. Trey's in the same boat in the frontcourt, but they're still establishing themselves as key players in the rotation. We will be much more athletic next year but will lose a lot of nuance from seniors like Beard and Thompson. I think Desi Sills is a better version of Beard is almost every way possible. Very similar game but he's bigger, more athletic, a better shooter, and will likely keep his nose clean. Assuming Gafford is back, I like Gabe as his primary backup. Different look that you get from Trey but should offer some key advantage even if he'll be out-manned in the post at times. We will struggle mightily next season without Gafford if we're maxed out at 6'8 in the frontcourt.

hawgball40

Quote from: hoglady on January 29, 2018, 10:10:22 am

Some fan you are calling one of our players trash.
That should never be said about any player in any sport who wears the Razorback uniform.
yeah you're right i should have chose better language to describe his play. its just frustrating to see a player who is not very good play such high minutes. i don't care about his assists/turnover ratio or his assist numbers. he's a blackhole on our offense, as evidenced by how much clock he wastes.

hawgball40

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 29, 2018, 10:08:19 am

whats beard's +/- i wonder?

hoglady

Quote from: hawgball40 on January 29, 2018, 03:45:39 pm
yeah you're right i should have chose better language to describe his play. its just frustrating to see a player who is not very good play such high minutes. i don't care about his assists/turnover ratio or his assist numbers. he's a blackhole on our offense, as evidenced by how much clock he wastes.

Everyone has their opinion about Beard and his play.
I can understand the frustration at times.

johnfanman

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 28, 2018, 10:15:40 pm

You're comparing Beard v Allen? Lol. Get out of here.

peevedpaul

Please stop shooting!

lookawayquick

Let the shooters shoot.  Pass the ball and move.

peevedpaul

I don't think that he can hear me

peevedpaul

Hopefully, that layup will fix his shot

The Hogfather

Quote from: johnfanman on January 30, 2018, 08:07:32 pm
You're comparing Beard v Allen? Lol. Get out of here.

I crack up at people like you.  Lol. Get out of here.  Guys like you only look at measurables and potential.  Smart people are able to discern potential from actual skill.  Allen is like the Ryan Leaf of Arkansas.  You guys saying Beard is terrible are helping me make my point.  Their actual performance is nearly identical, yet people talk about Allen like he is/was All-SEC.  bunch of dumbarses.

fieldturf

Quote from: Dirty on January 28, 2018, 05:48:15 pm
He felt he could make the layup!  He didn’t so move on!

And he's a liability...

The Hogfather

Quote from: fieldturf on January 30, 2018, 09:01:14 pm
And he's a liability...
at least he isn't Kevaughn Allen.

johnfanman

Still bad. Outside of Macon and Hall, the whole team sucked tonight.

johnfanman

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 30, 2018, 08:59:09 pm
I crack up at people like you.  Lol. Get out of here.  Guys like you only look at measurables and potential.  Smart people are able to discern potential from actual skill.  Allen is like the Ryan Leaf of Arkansas.  You guys saying Beard is terrible are helping me make my point.  Their actual performance is nearly identical, yet people talk about Allen like he is/was All-SEC.  bunch of dumbarses.

You aren't even making sense now.

The Hogfather

bhogs05

If you think Beard is as good as Allen then you are delusional.

The Hogfather

Quote from: bhogs05 on January 30, 2018, 10:43:35 pm
If you think Beard is as good as Allen then you are delusional.

You're delusional if you think there is much more difference than a few inches and a few less shots by Beard.

What did Allen do tonight?

Potential and measurables will get you 0 points and a lot of slack.

johnfanman

January 30, 2018, 11:16:00 pm #83 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:42:10 am by johnfanman
Quote from: The Hogfather on January 30, 2018, 10:38:42 pm
Maybe not to you.

Are you Beard's little league coach? You have a strangley deluded view.