Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok, say we can only take 9 more, what's the break down position wise?

Started by ricepig, June 30, 2016, 12:38:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

trphog

Seems to me that OL, DL, LB, and another RB would be the biggest areas of need in this class at this point.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Bacon_Bitz

ricepig

Wildhog

2 OL
2 DE
2 LB
1 RB
1 TE
1 DT

And then hopefully a couple more that can count back.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

oldfart

we need at least two DTs and two more OL  ... i dont think we have an interior DL on our list so far..

ckhawgu

oldfart

secneahog

Quote from: trphog on June 30, 2016, 12:45:00 pm
Seems to me that OL, DL, LB, and another RB would be the biggest areas of need in this class at this point.

No dbs or wrs huh? 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on June 30, 2016, 08:01:55 pm
No dbs or wrs huh? 

We've got 3-4 of each so far, depending on where they end up placing a couple.

JIHawg

Of the 16 we've gotten committed so far, 9 are on offense, 7 on defense.  I like to keep these even, so of the remaining 9, that would be 5-6 on defense, 3-4 on offense.

I would set aside at least 5 for later in the season, as far as February, and call them "best regardless of position". 

So, I would take one more offensive tackle, a safety, linebacker, and defensive lineman/defensive tackle, and reserve the final five for can't miss highly rated players.

Oklahawg

We perpetually struggle to land real, live DT and OT. OL prospects who are recruited as OT often can move inside, but it rarely works the other way around. We are learning that we want our DBs to have a lot more speed (entire roster in general).

I suspect that we feel pretty good about at least one OT, one RB, one DL, and a safety. Might well have a second TE on the final list as well. The closer we get to the end the more we wlll swing for the fences.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

ARtillahog

Quote from: MS_HogFan on July 01, 2016, 08:42:12 am
What happens on Sept. 1st ?

Montaric Brown (Ashdown Safety) will have made his college decision by then.

Dominicanhog

I know you said by position, but adding names:

1 RB  Hayden
1 DT  Edwards
1 OL  Wagner
1 TE  James
1 S    Brown
1 CB  Nixon

leaving room for 3 with at least one being an OL imo.. after that, the 2 best we can get....  at this pace, recruiting could be wrapped up by Fall Camp... 8) :razorback:

navyhog24

Actually we might take 11 more, with Patton and Nance being EE's and being able to count toward last class.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on July 01, 2016, 10:07:00 am
Actually we might take 11 more, with Patton and Nance being EE's and being able to count toward last class.

Yes please.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

TheRazorback500

I'd take 3 OL, 2 DL, 1 RB (hopefully Hayden), 1 S, 1 LB, and one more tight end. We've got speed guys committed; let's build those trenches.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hugo Bezdek

1 JC WR (Brandon Martin)
2 DT (Edwards, Byers)
1 JC DE (Buggs)
2 OL (1 JC OT) (Hays +1 HS)
1 TE (Kedrick James)
1 RB (Hayden)
1 LB (Hines/Johnston/?)
1 S (Brown)
1 JC CB (Nixon)

That's 11, but I think we can take that many with some early enrollees counting on 2016. The bigger issue will be keeping under 85 with only 18 scholarship seniors (I think) plus I'm sure we'll give out at least a couple of scholarships to walk-ons.

Hogfanbornin94

We can take 12 more with 3 counting back to last class. We have 19 seniors.

Oklahawg

Ragnow is a candidate for early entry into the draft. That may add a body to OL and drop one from the 85 cap.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

secneahog

Quote from: Hogfanbornin94 on July 01, 2016, 05:36:32 pm
We can take 12 more with 3 counting back to last class. We have 19 seniors.

My 12.
2-oline-Wagner/ MGCCC Juco oline men
1-RB-Hayden
1-DE-Juco Buggs MGCCC
1-TE-Kendrick
2-Lbers-Johnston/?
1-DT-Juco Edwards
2-CB-Juco Dixon/?
1-S-Montaric Brown 🐗
1-Wr-Juco MGCCC

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on July 01, 2016, 08:48:24 pm
My 12.
1-RB-Hayden
1-DE-Juco Buggs MGCCC
1-TE-Kendrick
2-Lbers-Johnston/?
1-DT-Juco Edwards
2-CB-Juco Dixon/?
1-S-Montaric Brown 🐗
1-Wr-Juco MGCCC

Martin committed to Auburn.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 01, 2016, 07:41:19 pm
Ragnow is a candidate for early entry into the draft. That may add a body to OL and drop one from the 85 cap.

I think you are right, but we really need Ragnow to stay. But, if he projects high enough, you couldn't blame him for leaving early.
Go Hogs Go!

oldfart

Ragnow would certainly be missed next year. His experience and leadership would be extremely vital.

LRHawg

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on July 01, 2016, 08:48:24 pm
My 12.
1-RB-Hayden
1-DE-Juco Buggs MGCCC
1-TE-Kendrick
2-Lbers-Johnston/?
1-DT-Juco Edwards
2-CB-Juco Dixon/?
1-S-Montaric Brown 🐗
1-Wr-Juco MGCCC

Buggs didn't list us in his final 5, apparently he didn't like us or Miss St as we're the only SECw schools not in his top 5.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 05:48:45 pm
Buggs didn't list us in his final 5, apparently he didn't like us or Miss St as we're the only SECw schools not in his top 5.

:(
1909/1964/1965/1977