Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wholehogsports.com and Hawgsillutrated.com merge

Started by Richard Davenport, June 27, 2016, 10:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

ricepig

Hmm........is making fun of Clay and Dudley still fair game?  I kid, I think.......Anyway, more coverage should be better, or I hope so.

factchecker

QuoteHawgs Illustrated is no longer part of the Scout online network, so Hawgs Illustrated users will have to re-register on WholeHogSports.com. The magazine will continue to produce 20 issues per year.

Who is gonna run the Razorback Scout site?

I'm glad about the magazine. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Richard Davenport

Quote from: factchecker on June 27, 2016, 11:12:04 am
Who is gonna run the Razorback Scout site?

I'm glad about the magazine. 

I would assume Scout will take over. Not sure who will be involved.

Richard Davenport

Richard Davenport

Richard Davenport

This has been in the works for a while. At least 20-30 people in various offices knew about it, but it never leaked and in today's world that's impressive.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 27, 2016, 11:44:48 am
This has been in the works for a while. At least 20-30 people in various offices knew about it, but it never leaked and in today's world that's impressive.

So, who's the secret commit, lol........

bphi11ips

Just checked WHS and welcome the new content.  Lately Richard's updates have been about the only thing worth reading. 

I assume Clay Henry slides into Wally's spot.  Not familiar with Clay but, his dad was as good as it gets in sports journalism.  Hope he has the same ability to analyze the game and articulate his thoughts.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

colemjh

June 27, 2016, 01:10:53 pm #10 Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:23:12 pm by colemjh
Is Bob Holt still on staff?

Richard Davenport

Quote from: colemjh on June 27, 2016, 01:10:53 pm
Is Bob Holy still on staff?

Yes. Bob is still there. The only thing that changed was Dudley, Clay and Jimmy Carter were added to the lineup.

colemjh

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 27, 2016, 01:19:51 pm
Yes. Bob is still there. The only thing that changed was Dudley, Clay and Jimmy Carter were added to the lineup.
[/quote Who is Jimmy Carter? Never heard the name associated with Arkansas sports.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 27, 2016, 12:12:01 pm
Just checked WHS and welcome the new content.  Lately Richard's updates have been about the only thing worth reading. 

I assume Clay Henry slides into Wally's spot.  Not familiar with Clay but, his dad was as good as it gets in sports journalism.  Hope he has the same ability to analyze the game and articulate his thoughts.
I am too young to have read Orville but Clay is IMO the best sports writer in the state.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Richard Davenport

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 27, 2016, 08:27:33 pm
[/quote Who is Jimmy Carter? Never heard the name associated with Arkansas sports.

Jimmy covered NWA preps. People in NWA are very aware of him.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hawgsillustrated has  been under the Wehco umbrella for years. The checks for both come from the same place.  I don't see how this changes anything.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hogmodo

The only thing that changed was Dudley, Clay and Jimmy Carter were added to the lineup.

Doubling the subscription cost to Hawgs Illustrated subscribers with very little added that wasn't already free is a huge change.  If this business model needs that added revenue to succeed, it is doomed to fail.  Most longtime subscribers to HI are refusing to pay more for so little added value.
Time to git er done Hogs!

bob slydell

Quote from: Hogmodo on June 28, 2016, 06:27:56 am
Doubling the subscription cost to Hawgs Illustrated subscribers with very little added that wasn't already free is a huge change.  If this business model needs that added revenue to succeed, it is doomed to fail.  Most longtime subscribers to HI are refusing to pay more for so little added value.

Will be cancelling my subscription as soon as the phone lines open this morning. Was already considering this move given that most of the 'insider' info can be found free other places; so this was the push that I needed. I hope this works out for Clay, but it won't be at my expense.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

bob slydell

Quote from: Lanny on June 28, 2016, 09:01:31 am
Hogville will remain FREE

And that is one of the MAJOR reasons that it really doesn't necessitate me spending a bunch of money for content that is readily available on this site. Thanks for all that you do Lanny, et al!
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

ricepig

Quote from: Lanny on June 28, 2016, 09:01:31 am
Hogville will remain FREE

Are you kidding, do you know how much lost production in the work place you cause?