Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Koilan Jackson commits to the HOGS!!!!

Started by HawgHeadCheese, April 29, 2016, 01:11:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HogNDas

Awesome!....glad to have the Jacksons playing where they belong, ON THE HILL!....

HogNDas

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 01, 2016, 03:52:22 pm
AC had average speed, probably a small reason he lasted to the bottom of the 5th round.  His true talent is vision and quickness.  He'll be an effective NFL back.
I think he will be an AWESOME NFL back....will exceed 5th Round expectations.... I believe there will be a LOT of teams saying, "damn, we could have had him!".....

riccoar

Quote from: AP85 on April 29, 2016, 10:46:21 pm
Robinson is going to be loaded the next couple of years.
Yep.  They got moved from the 4A-4 to the 4A-7 for 2016.  Little bit tougher conference, but they should be really good this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogNDas on May 02, 2016, 10:41:52 am
I think he will be an AWESOME NFL back....will exceed 5th Round expectations.... I believe there will be a LOT of teams saying, "damn, we could have had him!".....
every team passed on him at least 3-4 times... idiots.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HogNDas on May 02, 2016, 10:41:52 am

I hope he is, but he's still a RB, and the NFL has universally deemphasized the position unless one is obviously special, unique.  Really good RB's go in later rounds these days, as we all know.

And wasn't he like the 10 RB or so taken?  Wonder why he wasn't higher on NFL boards.  Possibly lack of speed and questionable ball security.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 02, 2016, 04:15:28 pm
I hope he is, but he's still a RB, and the NFL has universally deemphasized the position unless one is obviously special, unique.  Really good RB's go in later rounds these days, as we all know.

And wasn't he like the 10 RB or so taken?  Wonder why he wasn't higher on NFL boards.  Possibly lack of speed and questionable ball security.
FIFY
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 17, 2016, 10:09:21 pm
FIFY

Considering that AC has only played football for 5 years or so and that his fumbling has been reduced each season, I think he will continue to improve. (Only 2 last year correct?)

Also, very few backs have that 6th gear... We will be forever spoiled having had Dmac play on the hill, he was a rare combination of speed, strength, vision while being as tough as a hickory knot. AC had his own skills and was VERY consistent. No, he wasn't perfect, but image the deep kimchi we would be in if he did not commit to Bret and the Hogs.  :razorback:

rzrbackramsfan

I was very surprised to open this thread and see that it was about Alex Collins.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 18, 2016, 12:34:29 pm
Considering that AC has only played football for 5 years or so and that his fumbling has been reduced each season, I think he will continue to improve. (Only 2 last year correct?)

Also, very few backs have that 6th gear... We will be forever spoiled having had Dmac play on the hill, he was a rare combination of speed, strength, vision while being as tough as a hickory knot. AC had his own skills and was VERY consistent. No, he wasn't perfect, but image the deep kimchi we would be in if he did not commit to Bret and the Hogs.  :razorback:
I agree with every single word in your post. My comment was simply about why his draft stock fell so low. I think he's going to be a great NFL back.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 18, 2016, 12:34:29 pm

true about DDawg and that 6th gear. That is the rarest of commodities. But AC does have elite vision and a special ability to move laterally at that same speed. He is a one speed guy, but that speed is fast. When he gets it on his mind to take the quick 5 yards, he will excel at that imo. And that is a huge weapon to have in the NFL. His vision is elite, his decision making wasn't. That is b/c of the 5 years of football and will improve over the next couple years. It's why I argued that he should come back for one more year but the Football Gods did right by AC. He landed in a great spot with a huge opportunity in front of him. And he alongside Russel Wilson will make for some good pro Bielema press as well!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Poppa Tart on May 18, 2016, 02:53:09 pm
I agree with every single word in your post. My comment was simply about why his draft stock fell so low. I think he's going to be a great NFL back.

Just adding to your post, I should have been more specific...

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 18, 2016, 03:02:15 pm
true about DDawg and that 6th gear. That is the rarest of commodities. But AC does have elite vision and a special ability to move laterally at that same speed. He is a one speed guy, but that speed is fast. When he gets it on his mind to take the quick 5 yards, he will excel at that imo. And that is a huge weapon to have in the NFL. His vision is elite, his decision making wasn't. That is b/c of the 5 years of football and will improve over the next couple years. It's why I argued that he should come back for one more year but the Football Gods did right by AC. He landed in a great spot with a huge opportunity in front of him. And he alongside Russel Wilson will make for some good pro Bielema press as well!

Agreed... Absolutely.

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Jackson. Wooo Pig! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net