Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now you see what Mike Anderson has been up against. other teams buying players

Started by forrest city joe, February 23, 2018, 10:26:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JayHog

Just saw that they have Arizona's basketball coach on a wire two discussing paying $100,000 to their 5 star freshman to ensure he stayed committed to them.

Kevin

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 23, 2018, 10:14:17 pm
This comment didn't age well AT ALL lol

no it holds up to the yahoo report, when it came out. plus, notice I said let's see if they link a coach. well espn did.

I just wish it was the coach a duke, unc, or kentucky
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FineAsSwine

Fact. Mike Anderson > Sean Miller.

More to be named later.

Hogs up! Covid down!

razorback1829

Quote from: elksnort on February 23, 2018, 05:29:47 pm
Without being at practice I don't know if the staff had anything to do with those guys development. I will keep saying it. CMA is a good coach. I don't think he is a very good coach though. My opinion based on his record, results and what i have witnessed.

He should of just opened the wallet like the rest of these clowns out here. Yea you sure don't go to practice sooooo you really don't know squat other than your speculation.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 23, 2018, 04:23:50 pm

So is this going to be all you're going to say 1000 times over the next several years so that you can point to this to make an excuse for Mike?  There are plenty of schools who are at least as honest as Arkansas in recruiting and they're making runs in the tournament from time to time.

This is a good question. I look forward to the OP's response. There's only so much you can blame other things (refs, dishonest programs, no Slobbering Hog logo, etc.) before you have to face the possibility that MA is a plateau at best coach, coaching a plateau at best style of basketball, is a plateau at best recruiter, and our up years seem to come from an uptick in instate talent and said talent rising above the lack of coaching.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

AirWarren

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 23, 2018, 10:26:26 am
For those of you that have been whining and crying  about why Mike can't get a Colin Sexton or a other 5 star players to come to Arkansas like Alabama and Auburn are doing. you got your reason.want to know why KY and UNC keep beating Arkansas?you got your answer.want to know why we can't be like were were under Eddie and Nolan.you got your answer.the teams that get the top players do most of the winning.most time the best players will win.Mike and other coaches like him have almost no chance in this system.it's a joke.yet people are screaming fire Mike because he keeps losing to these teams.THESE TEAMS HAVE BEEN BUYING THE BEST PLAYERS!MIKE ANDERSON HAS NOT!college basketball is a joke.Unc,KY KU and Duke will get away with this.nothing will happen.

Yup.

Proud our team isn't listed with all those other teams.

Rome26

Quote from: txkhog on February 23, 2018, 11:00:13 am
Anderson losing to Ky and NC was expected. But look at the teams he loses to with less talent every stinking year. Explain that away.

This is stupid, every coach in America lose games to teams with lesser talent, especially on the road.

jacksonhawg

The fact that these players are getting paid, and we are not involved does not change the fact that Mike's teams cannot properly defend the pick and roll or the 3 pt line, block out and rebound, and allow every team we play to have the best offensive game of the season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Rome26 on February 24, 2018, 09:50:32 am
This is stupid, every coach in America lose games to teams with lesser talent, especially on the road.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: jacksonhawg on February 24, 2018, 09:51:04 am
The fact that these players are getting paid, and we are not involved does not change the fact that Mike's teams cannot properly defend the pick and roll or the 3 pt line, block out and rebound, and allow every team we play to have the best offensive game of the season.

Exactly right.  If all the current top coaches got slapped down it wouldn't make MA any better.  Meanwhile, others good coaches would move up and take over the top.

cram224

Game Day just picked Texas Tech to go to the sweet 16 or better. They haven't been accused of cheating. How many years has Beard been at TT? 7 years and nobody has picked us for a sweet 16. FCJ why?

Mr. Porkleone

You guys give FCJ to much credit.  He loves the attention you imbeciles give him

The OTR

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 24, 2018, 09:46:01 am
This is a good question. I look forward to the OP's response. There's only so much you can blame other things (refs, dishonest programs, no Slobbering Hog logo, etc.) before you have to face the possibility that MA is a plateau at best coach, coaching a plateau at best style of basketball, is a plateau at best recruiter, and our up years seem to come from an uptick in instate talent and said talent rising above the lack of coaching.

He seems to repeat himself sometimes.  Have you noticed? 

mykidsdad

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on February 24, 2018, 10:31:14 am
Exactly right.  If all the current top coaches got slapped down it wouldn't make MA any better.  Meanwhile, others good coaches would move up and take over the top.

Except for your logic is flawed. The "good" coaches that you speak of are "good" coaches because they get "good" players. They get "good" players because some of them cheat. Therefore if they are removed for cheating, then the playing field is leveled.

The main things to win in college BB is good players and having them play hard. When we get ours to play hard, especially on defense, we win. Same with other schools.

Nolan won a bunch because he always got kids to play hard. I think he scared them into it, lol.

HogBreath

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 24, 2018, 11:53:01 am
Except for your logic is flawed. The "good" coaches that you speak of are "good" coaches because they get "good" players. They get "good" players because some of them cheat. Therefore if they are removed for cheating, then the playing field is leveled.

The main things to win in college BB is good players and having them play hard. When we get ours to play hard, especially on defense, we win. Same with other schools.

Nolan won a bunch because he always got kids to play hard. I think he scared them into it, lol.

Any ideas on what happened to Nolan from about '97 thru '02?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Rome26

It's as simple as that.

mykidsdad

Quote from: HogBreath on February 24, 2018, 12:02:27 pm
Any ideas on what happened to Nolan from about '97 thru '02?

Actually I do. Primarily 4 things.

1. Cheating that we are talking about started. Go read articles and you will see that this was the period that it really took off. Nolan mentions this several times, saying that he 'views that as slavery' and will not play that game. There are documented cases of recruits that we were leading on that all of a sudden switched to schools that were not at all in our league. Jelani Gardner for example, see below. I know that he was coming here until this happened. He was a 5-star. There are many examples of this actually and Nolan wouldn't play the game.
  From Wikipedia "After playing high school basketball at St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, California, Gardner played college basketball at the University of California. However, when his parents became disenchanted with their son's lack of playing time, they revealed to the NCAA that Todd Bozeman, Cal's head coach, had paid them about $30,000 over a two-year period so his parents could attend Jelani's games.[3] After the scandal broke, Gardner transferred to Pepperdine.[1] Bozeman was ultimately forced to resign and effectively blackballed from the college ranks until 2005, and Cal was forced to forfeit every game in which Gardner played (the entire 1994-95 season and all but two games of the 1995-96 season)."

2. NCAA witch hunt. Really hurt us in recruiting. Had the #1 class in 96 and we lost most of them do to this. Add to the fact that we had one of the networks with a report that highlighted our graduation rates I believe (cant remember but I think it was along those lines). That hurt a great deal in recruiting as well.

3. Relationship with AD screwed things up. People don't really understand what happened. Basically Frank had some people that were too close to the FB program (we ended up getting in trouble for it later). When the NCAA started looking into Arkansas for the JCs Pate and Adabyo (sp) which was later proven to be false, Frank knew of other problems in FB and basically threw BB under the bus. I think that this was the major beginning of the fallout of Frank and Nolan.

4. With the fallout of the support of the AD, and with the AD looking to get rid of Nolan (documented btw), Frank as was his habit started getting the press to write negative articles about Nolan. Frank did this to get public support and had done this for years. This information got to Nolan and was explained to him what was happening by Orville H. who had gotten close to Nolan and was dying. Nolan being the fighter that he was I think worried too much about this and not enough about the team. I think if he had just focused on the team and recruiting, then everything would have been ok.

Now all of this as about to turn around really with the additions of the recruits we had already signed and one that we signed in the early period (Iggidola) but the season we were in, unexpected losses and the culmination of the other factors caused Nolan to say things to the media that were not in his interest.

The rest you know is history.

hamARchy in the USA

The logic was not flawed at all.   Your premise that good coaches are separated from the rest simply by talent is faulty.  You proceed to acknowledge that more than talent is involved when you recognize that getting the kids to play hard is necessary.  Getting the kids to play hard has to do with motivational skills that are required to be a good coach, a problem that MA has always had as the inconsistent play of his teams attests.  Discipline, focus, attention to details, fundamentals, demanding that defense be played by moving the feet rather than slapping with the hands, preparing for the opponent are all factors that the good coaches consistently do well at.  Remove the crop of coaches who are recognized today as being among the best wouldn't make MA any better.  It would, on the other hand, open the door for some others to step in and fill a void.  MA would be in the same place as he is today ... the coach of a perennial also ran.

mykidsdad

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on February 24, 2018, 12:23:52 pm
The logic was not flawed at all.   Your premise that good coaches are separated from the rest simply by talent is faulty.  You proceed to acknowledge that more than talent is involved when you recognize that getting the kids to play hard is necessary.  Getting the kids to play hard has to do with motivational skills that are required to be a good coach, a problem that MA has always had as the inconsistent play of his teams attests.  Discipline, focus, attention to details, fundamentals, demanding that defense be played by moving the feet rather than slapping with the hands, preparing for the opponent are all factors that the good coaches consistently do well at.  Remove the crop of coaches who are recognized today as being among the best wouldn't make MA any better.  It would, on the other hand, open the door for some others to step in and fill a void.  MA would be in the same place as he is today ... the coach of a perennial also ran.

You added in many things that YOU think are important but they are not. Basically it is 90% talent, and 10% getting them to play hard. If I have you beat on talent, you cant get the other team to play hard enough to overcome the talent gap.

I did miss one thing tough, and that is something that we seem to have a problem with this year. that is playing together. I would change my percentages then. probably 80% talent, 10% playing hard, and 10% playing together. Percentages may vary, but talent is by far and away the most important factor.

razorhead94

Quote from: JayHog on February 23, 2018, 10:53:39 pm
Just saw that they have Arizona's basketball coach on a wire two discussing paying $100,000 to their 5 star freshman to ensure he stayed committed to them.

But but but.....according to some in this thread the coaches and schools don't know about any of this.  It's only the agents remember?  Give me a break.  More of this will come out.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

racinghog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 12:33:48 pm
My hope is that this whole scandal DESTROYS AAU. Nothing but a slimy pit of really low quality humans preying on 12-18 yr old kids, usually from low income backgrounds.
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fighting this right now on our campus.

Pigsear

Mike Anderson's lack of discipline to his players, refusing to adjust his style in certain situations, horrible substitutions patterns, has nothing to do with other programs cheating.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 24, 2018, 12:33:06 pm
You added in many things that YOU think are important but they are not. Basically it is 90% talent, and 10% getting them to play hard. If I have you beat on talent, you cant get the other team to play hard enough to overcome the talent gap.

I did miss one thing tough, and that is something that we seem to have a problem with this year. that is playing together. I would change my percentages then. probably 80% talent, 10% playing hard, and 10% playing together. Percentages may vary, but talent is by far and away the most important factor.

That's a very simplistic view that doesn't square with reality. 

cram224

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 24, 2018, 12:33:06 pm

I agree. I want to add, could be wrong, Nolan early in those years lost out on a big time center. I think the kid was from Alabama, not sure. After losing him he made the statement that "his team didn't need a center". That commit was used against him when recruiting any inside players. His teams were very athletic but his players all was 6'4" to 6'8". If you remember in 2000 Joe Johnson was forced to play inside during the SECT which we won. LSU had two starters that were 6'11" or bigger and JJ, who was a very special player, helped offset the lack of size. If I'm not mistaken we had to play all four days of the SECT, came in as a low seed. If I'm wrong please correct me.

HogBreath

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 24, 2018, 12:21:33 pm

2. NCAA witch hunt. Really hurt us in recruiting. Had the #1 class in 96 and we lost most of them do to this. Add to the fact that we had one of the networks with a report that highlighted our graduation rates I believe (cant remember but I think it was along those lines). That hurt a great deal in recruiting as well

Coming off back to back championship games, it always struck me as odd how Nolan decided to go the juco route.  Maybe the family and friends network had dried up.  Anyway..bad idea.

And not really sure how bad we were hurt, we did manage to land Kareem Reid and Derek Hood, Hood I believe was a McDonald's all american.  Those guys just never did much.  I recall an 18-14 record in '98 with those two and Pat Bradley.

That was about the time we were getting our asses handed to us by Ole Miss and Auburn teams using Arkansas guys, while Nolan was going to New York and Boston for his.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 24, 2018, 11:36:01 am

Indeed I have, Skandar. On occasion, FCJ has a couple staple quips at the ready for any venue.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 24, 2018, 01:42:21 pm
Indeed I have, Skandar. On occasion, FCJ has a couple staple quips at the ready for any venue.

Yep.  Now he has one more in his arsenal.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2018, 12:33:41 pm
But but but.....according to some in this thread the coaches and schools don't know about any of this.  It's only the agents remember?  Give me a break.  More of this will come out.

pretty sure we said the schools would CLAIM to know nothing and there would have to be proof to show otherwise.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 01:25:12 pm
Which is why I have said, REPEATEDLY, the evidence RELEASED to this point, does not show schools directing payments to get these players to sign with them. For all I know they may have a wire tapped conversation between Crapilari, Coach K, and Izzo where all three are dividing up players among themselves. As of now though it is all an agent paying players to retain them as clients after they are done with school.

I see right through you
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 03:44:14 pm
Yet so many Hog fans, for years, made fun of integrity when associated with the football program.

I see (through) you
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 23, 2018, 11:08:15 am
I don't believe Coach K told Jon Scheyer to see to it Wendall Carter's mom received a big payment in order to get Carter to Duke.  I believe programs like Duke look the other way when agents or someone associated with Nike or Adidas get involved and a player ends up at certain program.  I don't believe Bill Self has worked with Adidas to get players but also didn't question anything going on either.
You guys are very naive. Guys like Cal, K, and Izzo knew very well what was going on and made sure to have people close to them that could make this happen. That's more than looking the other way. They knowingly were involved and I have lost all respect for them as coaches. I was a huge Izzo fan but no longer.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2018, 08:28:21 pm
You guys are very naive. Guys like Cal, K, and Izzo knew very well what was going on and made sure to have people close to them that could make this happen. That's more than looking the other way. They knowingly were involved and I have lost all respect for them as coaches. I was a huge Izzo fan but no longer.

Haven't seen you around much. Not naive in the least. I wish Coach K had retired after the 2010 NC. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 08:31:26 pm
Haven't seen you around much. Not naive in the least. I wish Coach K had retired after the 2010 NC.
Had a long high school season. Just ended last night. Lost in the state semi finals. Went 28-2. Now I have more time to read up on all this stuff.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2018, 09:07:44 pm
Had a long high school season. Just ended last night. Lost in the state semi finals. Went 28-2. Now I have more time to read up on all this stuff.

Congrats on a great season.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Atlhogfan1

Congrats on the season.  That's really impressive. Maybe you are bringing us good luck too. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Starcs

Fire azhog!  Lol

azhog10

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 09:35:18 pm
Fire azhog!  Lol
Haha I felt like it after the game. Lost by 6,m in one of the most insane high school environments ever. Lost to a Rez team.  Rez ball is a lot like Nolan's style of ball. But they shot about 70% from the floor and made their contested layups and we didn't. Pretty amazing tho. When I took over three years ago they had won 9 games their previous 5 years. Over the last three seasons we are 54-22. Went 9-15, then 17-5, and this year 28-2. Luckily my bosses aren't like Arkansas fans. Lol.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 09:19:49 pm
Congrats on the season.  That's really impressive. Maybe you are bringing us good luck too.
Maybe. Was a fun season. But next year will be way more impressive. Maybe not W-L record wise. But we will win a state championship.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2018, 10:08:38 pm
Maybe. Was a fun season. But next year will be way more impressive. Maybe not W-L record wise. But we will win a state championship.

Looking forward to hearing about it.  Congrats again.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Slater

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 23, 2018, 10:26:26 am
For those of you that have been whining and crying  about why Mike can't get a Colin Sexton or a other 5 star players to come to Arkansas like Alabama and Auburn are doing. you got your reason.want to know why KY and UNC keep beating Arkansas?you got your answer.want to know why we can't be like were were under Eddie and Nolan.you got your answer.the teams that get the top players do most of the winning.most time the best players will win.Mike and other coaches like him have almost no chance in this system.it's a joke.yet people are screaming fire Mike because he keeps losing to these teams.THESE TEAMS HAVE BEEN BUYING THE BEST PLAYERS!MIKE ANDERSON HAS NOT!college basketball is a joke.Unc,KY KU and Duke will get away with this.nothing will happen.

Excellent post, the CMA haters will never shut up, but facts are facts, the man can coach and runs a clean program.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: Slater on February 25, 2018, 12:28:37 am
Excellent post, the CMA haters will never shut up, but facts are facts, the man can coach and runs a clean program.
+1000. they may as well shut up,because they have lost. Mike has made them look like fools again.and i love it!

natelepain

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 24, 2018, 12:21:33 pm
Actually I do. Primarily 4 things.

Good points. The loss of the Sullinger Bros who went on to play for OH St was a big a loss also.

FB destroyed Razorback BB.

nlp

Letsroll1200

NCAA is looking at Will Wade at LSU! The number 3 recruiting class.

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 24, 2018, 11:36:01 am
You are just upset because your dream of Anderson failing has...failed. You are a hater and a great fan like Joe recognized that from the start. Now you have to live with that while you kick rocks walking down the road alone.

BallHog1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 25, 2018, 12:51:04 am
+1000. they may as well shut up,because they have lost. Mike has made them look like fools again.and i love it!
Amen Joe, Amen.

orvillesghost

Arkansas fans are too ready to embrace both the *everyone is cheating* and *refs are out to get us* arguments.

Justification for the failure SEVEN YEARS IN to either win a SEC title or make it past the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament...

golfinpig

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 26, 2018, 03:49:00 pm
You are just upset because your dream of Anderson failing has...failed. You are a hater and a great fan like Joe recognized that from the start. Now you have to live with that while you kick rocks walking down the road alone.
In his 7 years Mike has "failed" to win the sec regular season or sec tournament, he has "failed" to get in the NCAA tournament 4 out of those 7 years, the 2 times in the tourny he "failed" to make it out of the 2nd round, he has "failed" to recruit the best in state players, he has "failed" to recruit outside the region, 4 current starters have Arkansas ties. ETC.

The Hogfather

Quote from: orvillesghost on February 26, 2018, 03:57:33 pm
Arkansas fans are too ready to embrace both the *everyone is cheating* and *refs are out to get us* arguments.

We're finally getting concrete confirmation of the cheating we have been harping on.  It is very obvious, but we were told it was all sour grapes.  Guys like Malik Monk, Kevaughn Allen, and Reggie Perry and/or their families got paid to go elsewhere.  They didn't just decide that the program wasn't good enough for them.  They got paid to make the decisions they made. 

Wouldn't be surprised to find out something on the ref issues in the future, either.  Might be a little tougher because I think the leagues basically just put pressure on them to protect the good teams, in order to get as many teams in the post season, etc. as they can.  Unless some of them are getting paid by the shoe companies to protect their teams, there probably isn't going to be anyone really pushing to look into it.

hogsanity

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 27, 2018, 12:22:20 pm
We're finally getting concrete confirmation of the cheating we have been harping on.  It is very obvious, but we were told it was all sour grapes.  Guys like Malik Monk, Kevaughn Allen, and Reggie Perry and/or their families got paid to go elsewhere.  They didn't just decide that the program wasn't good enough for them.  They got paid to make the decisions they made. 

Wouldn't be surprised to find out something on the ref issues in the future, either.  Might be a little tougher because I think the leagues basically just put pressure on them to protect the good teams, in order to get as many teams in the post season, etc. as they can.  Unless some of them are getting paid by the shoe companies to protect their teams, there probably isn't going to be anyone really pushing to look into it.

If you think the product is that corrupt, why do you still watch?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on February 27, 2018, 12:30:11 pm
If you think the product is that corrupt, why do you still watch?

Because I'm a Hog fan and sports fan in general.  Hopefully, this will help level the playing field a little bit and let the honest guys, like Mike, actually compete with their abilities, instead of guys who would normally come to Arkansas being bought by a shoe company and sent to Miss St.