Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville stripped of 2013 title and 2012 final Four.

Started by k.c.hawg, February 20, 2018, 11:15:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

They danced with the devil and it bit them in the arse. Should have fired that dude the night of the Italian Feast.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Arazorbackguy1

Can't wait for Calipari's lone title to be stripped.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hogsanity

So what? If they really want to hurt these schools, to really punish them, make them give back all media money earned/conf sharing received during said seasons. THAT will make an impact. Now, big deal, they have to vacate a title. The players still have their rings, still have video of them winning on the court.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 11:22:46 am
So what? If they really want to hurt these schools, to really punish them, make them give back all media money earned/conf sharing received during said seasons. THAT will make an impact. Now, big deal, they have to vacate a title. The players still have their rings, still have video of them winning on the court.

We obviously feel very different about it. If they had come in and stripped us of our 94 Championship I would have been sick. The people that traveled and made once in a lifetime memories of that event.......most will feel those memories are tarnished. Maybe not at Louisville, I mean they did retain Pitino and hire Petrino so maybe those scumbags don't care, but I would. And when I have seen legacy schools and coaches stripped of wins in punishment that is what they fight hardest to over turn. So, apparently you might be the exception.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

010HogFan

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 11:28:56 am
We obviously feel very different about it. If they had come in and stripped us of our 94 Championship I would have been sick. The people that traveled and made once in a lifetime memories of that event.......most will feel those memories are tarnished. Maybe not at Louisville, I mean they did retain Pitino and hire Petrino so maybe those scumbags don't care, but I would. And when I have seen legacy schools and coaches stripped of wins in punishment that is what they fight hardest to over turn. So, apparently you might be the exception.

He's not the exception. A lot of people feel this way. You can take it away but you can never take away the memories and the experience.

rljjr

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 20, 2018, 11:40:29 am
He's not the exception. A lot of people feel this way. You can take it away but you can never take away the memories and the experience.

Exactly, because some other team of non-cheaters and their fan base was deprived of a victory. What they ought to do is AWARD the victory to the runner up. You know, if the national champion cannot fulfill his duties, the runner up will accept the award.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rljjr on February 20, 2018, 11:59:16 am
Exactly, because some other team of non-cheaters and their fan base was deprived of a victory. What they ought to do is AWARD the victory to the runner up. You know, if the national champion cannot fulfill his duties, the runner up will accept the award.

Yep, they should have an official ceremony where they cut down the nets and everything. That way we have an official acknowledgement of who the champion is for that year.
Hogs up! Covid down!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 11:22:46 am

The school had previously said the penalties would affect 123 regular-season victories and 15 NCAA tournament wins, including the 2013 national title.

The Cardinals also were placed on NCAA probation for four years, which includes scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions, a $5,000 fine and the forfeiture of any money received through conference revenue sharing from the 2012-15 NCAA tournaments. That sum could be as much as $15 million, according to published reports. The Cardinals had already self-imposed a postseason ban for the 2015-16 season.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 11:15:35 am
They danced with the devil and it bit them in the arse. Should have fired that dude the night of the Italian Feast.

I still saw it happen. I saw Reggie Bush too and haven't seen Bigfoot yet

SemperHawg

That is the one where Pitino got a tattoo after they won it.  Obviously the internet is having a field day with it now.

traffordhog

I think if they really want stop the cheating, they need to ban the coaches of these teams for two or three years.  A coach making 2 or 3 million per year would suffer quite a monetary loss and might think twice about cheating.  I don't imagine a coach cares whether the banner is hung or not as long as he is making the money.  This would apply to coaches who are determined to cheat to win because they have no respect for the game or they wouldn't cheat!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 20, 2018, 12:10:02 pm
Yep, they should have an official ceremony where they cut down the nets and everything.

Maybe schedule a OOC game next season, have an official ceremony and let that team rip the banner out of the rafters at the Yum Center.

CDBHawg

Simple solution. Lifetime NCAA ban for coaches, boosters, players, etc. that were involved. 2 years of no basketball whatsoever. Then additional three years of no scholarships.

That would fix the cheating.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 20, 2018, 12:12:43 pm
That is the one where Pitino got a tattoo after they won it.  Obviously the internet is having a field day with it now.

Now that would be super cool. The NCAA bends Tricky Rick over at half court of the Natl Championship and strips him of his tattoo.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 20, 2018, 12:13:13 pm
Simple solution. Lifetime NCAA ban for coaches, boosters, players, etc. that were involved. 2 years of no basketball whatsoever. Then additional three years of no scholarships.

That would fix the cheating.

The same NCAA that interviews ponzi inmates to get dirt on a school. The NCAA should be The one with lack of institutional control.

Swinesong1

The whole "vacating" thing bothers me for one reason...what about the schools defeated on the court by the cheaters?  You eliminated any chance of them having a memorable season or even winning it all.  Vacating titles doesn't make teams on the cheater's schedule whole at all. 

hogsanity

Want to stop the cheating?

1. Every coach on staff when violations occurred banned from ncaa coaching for 5 years, no matter where they are now.

2. 2 year program ban. No games for 2 years

3. All monies made from said sport when violations occurred mu be repaid IMMEDIATELY.

4. 1st year the program is back, no home games.

5. AD during time of violations suspended from any AD job for 2 years.

Now, with the threat of those things hanging over you, AD's and HC's might actually pay attention to what assistants and boosters are doing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Swinesong1

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 12:46:18 pm

1. Every coach on staff when violations occurred banned from ncaa coaching for 5 years, no matter where they are now.

3. All monies made from said sport when violations occurred mu be repaid IMMEDIATELY.

Now, with the threat of those things hanging over you, AD's and HC's might actually pay attention to what assistants and boosters are doing.
Pitino walked away with over 30 mil in his pocket.  Gotta address that too. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 20, 2018, 12:48:48 pm

That would be up to the school and the contract they had.

jgphillips3

Now, with the threat of those things hanging over you, AD's and HC's might actually pay attentio n to what assistants and boosters are doing.

I'll second that!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 20, 2018, 12:19:22 pm
The same NCAA that interviews ponzi inmates to get dirt on a school. The NCAA should be The one with lack of institutional control.

When the ponzi inmate had dropped millions from the ponzi scheme on an athletic department and illegal benefits to players WTH would you not interview the guy. He was plenty will to speak about it. The issue was they hired the guys lawyer to help in the investigation. Miami should have gotten the death penalty and everyone knows it.

k.c.hawg

February 20, 2018, 01:28:18 pm #21 Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:43:00 pm by k.c.hawg
Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 20, 2018, 12:48:48 pm

Pitino hasn't gotten paid. They fired for cause, he sued, they counter sued and the best I can tell there has been no settlement. But in their intitial suit the stated one of the "for cause" violations of his contract was, should they lose revenue due to violations. Looks like the NCAA upheld up to $15 million in losses today. They were suppose to meet again on the 8th on Feb but no details are available on that meeting. Hope they don't pay the guy a penny, but they will.

The OTR

You guys are experts on punishment. I say we just chop off fingers of coaches every time we suspect them of anything.  They would eventually get the picture. Calipari would be fingerless but still coaching.

lumphog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 20, 2018, 01:32:54 pm
You guys are experts on punishment. I say we just chop off fingers of coaches every time we suspect them of anything.  They would eventually get the picture. Calipari would be fingerless but still coaching.
BuelSheet!!!... How the hell could he coach if he couldn't reach in his pocket and pull out hundreds????

The_Iceman

Stupid. Teams should have to forfeit the games, not just vacate the wins. The program and head coach should take a 0-1 loss in all games, opponents should be able to claim the win on their record, and all trophies or titles should be given to the runner up who did not cheat.

Michigan should be awarded the 2013 National Championship Trophy.

HognitiveDissonance

Every school that gets hammered has to be spitting mad that North Carolina walked.

I would be. I know Notre Dame was the other day.

UNC used to be one of my favorite schools, outside the Hogs. The day that decision came down, my opinion changed 180 degrees. Now, they're just another school playing every angle they can to win a few more games. Is it worth it to lose your integrity? I'm just a Joe Schmoe out there in the woods, but think how many other people there probably are that share my opinion. Is it really worth it to UNC? Short-term win, long-term defeat.

jkstock04

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 11:28:56 am
Sounds like a homer spin job. Nobody (or majority of people) cares. 2004 southern cal football team will go down as one of the most badass teams of all times. Only sensational homers GAF that their title was stripped X amount of years later. Simple window dressing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Yessir...that would take care of it. I'm all for it considering Arkansas is obviously a white hat school.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

k.c.hawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 20, 2018, 05:57:45 pm
Sounds like a homer spin job. Nobody (or majority of people) cares. 2004 southern cal football team will go down as one of the most badass teams of all times. Only sensational homers GAF that their title was stripped X amount of years later. Simple window dressing.

Homer spin job?? Because I don't want a National Championship stripped. I've lived my entire life with integrity, I don't want anything I didn't earn. I don't want my team to do the crap Louisville was doing to win.  If 4 years of the Hog history of May/Day and Corliss/Scotty was stripped, the Natty and Final Fours were vacated along with 108 wins I would feel much different about that era. I drove and flew all over the country following those teams, my wife and I used our vacation time and considered those as, our style vacation. If you like that fine, go cheat in golf, go cheat in cards, go cheat in all aspects of life and boast about how good you are but also realize most know you are a fraud and think of you as a scumbag.

jkstock04

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 06:39:34 pm
Homer spin job?? Because I don't want a National Championship stripped. I've lived my entire life with integrity, I don't want anything I didn't earn. I don't want my team to do the crap Louisville was doing to win.  If 4 years of the Hog history of May/Day and Corliss/Scotty was stripped, the Natty and Final Fours were vacated along with 108 wins I would feel much different about that era. I drove and flew all over the country following those teams, my wife and I used our vacation time and considered those as, our style vacation. If you like that fine, go cheat in golf, go cheat in cards, go cheat in all aspects of life and boast about how good you are but also realize most know you are a fraud and think of you as a scumbag.
Super fan huh? Had I not been 12 yrs old I would've done the same. Your good guys always finish 1st diatribe doesn't change the fact that the majority of people still consider these teams that cheat to be legit.

What % of Alabama fans feel guilty about all these national championships? What % of college football fans consider their championships void because they cheat? Ya, it's a homer spin job. It's window dressing and means nothing to the masses.

Hogsanity is right. Enforce sanctions like those against everybody...then programs like Arkansas would eventually be on an even playing field. Creating an asterisk for a national championship 10 years after the fact??? Lol that's a joke dude.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

KlubhouseKonnected

Some people wonder how Ole Miss was still able to get any quality recruits. I think schools like Ole Miss or Auburn know that the recruits remember the wins and the benefit lasts longer than the sting of whatever administrative spanking they get from the limp wrist of the NCAA.

Look at Auburn basketball now. You think it's any coincidence they are having their best season in memory right now? They doubled down and just want to make a big enough mark to make it worthwhile. Injury may deny them some of that.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 20, 2018, 12:15:51 pm
Now that would be super cool. The NCAA bends Tricky Rick over at half court of the Natl Championship and strips him of his tattoo.

Like... SAMCRO style? Knife or torch?

jkstock04

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 20, 2018, 07:18:42 pm
Some people wonder how Ole Miss was still able to get any quality recruits. I think schools like Ole Miss or Auburn know that the recruits remember the wins and the benefit lasts longer than the sting of whatever administrative spanking they get from the limp wrist of the NCAA.

Look at Auburn basketball now. You think it's any coincidence they are having their best season in memory right now? They doubled down and just want to make a big enough mark to make it worthwhile. Injury may deny them some of that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but what was the narrative when they hired Bruce Pearl...dirty coach and will never amount to anything at Auburn?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 20, 2018, 07:29:16 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but what was the narrative when they hired Bruce Pearl...dirty coach and will never amount to anything at Auburn?

I don't recall much. I do seem to recall there were people shaking their heads wondering how they could justify Bruce Pearl as a liability.

Were they thinking his staff would get raided by the FBI, probably not that far.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 20, 2018, 07:12:19 pm
Super fan huh? Had I not been 12 yrs old I would've done the same. Your good guys always finish 1st diatribe doesn't change the fact that the majority of people still consider these teams that cheat to be legit.

What % of Alabama fans feel guilty about all these national championships? What % of college football fans consider their championships void because they cheat? Ya, it's a homer spin job. It's window dressing and means nothing to the masses.

Hogsanity is right. Enforce sanctions like those against everybody...then programs like Arkansas would eventually be on an even playing field. Creating an asterisk for a national championship 10 years after the fact??? Lol that's a joke dude.

Don't get where TF you come off with homer spin job.....I think a homer spin job is someone that feels gratification by winning while cheating. It's just personal preference, I don't consider you an idiot because you would be good with an era that was flushed with cheating. It's not an era I would look on with any pride.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 20, 2018, 07:29:16 pm

No I think it was, they are cheating scumbags in football, willing to drop $200k on a player that might have cost us our true chance at a big year. So why wouldn't they do it in basketball. No surprise the FBI was on them in year 3?