Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opportunity missed

Started by LRHawg, September 30, 2017, 01:57:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

To give our field goal kicker some practice. I'm sure when he's first needed against USCe next week he'll be fine.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: LRHawg on September 30, 2017, 01:57:10 pm
To give our field goal kicker some practice. I'm sure when he's first needed against USCe next week he'll be fine.

I'm sure if he missed one you'd be among the first to complain.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

jgphillips3

My thought too.  Stupid to not let him kick.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 30, 2017, 01:58:19 pm
I'm sure if he missed one you'd be among the first to complain.

Exactly.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LRHawg

Yeah, who am I to second guess our coaching, right?

Tusks

Only a blind man couldn't see that they should've let the FG kicker try a FG.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsmash12

parallaxpig

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 02:36:50 pm

Only a blind man couldn't see that they should've let the FG kicker try a FG.

Why, I rather go for it on every 4th down. Our defense struggles to stop anything.   
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Ball Hawg

100% agree...That was my first thought when I saw it was 4th and 4...perfect time to get our new kicker a chance and boost his confidence...game is over with and what good does it really do us going for it again on 4th down....instead, let's run a play to get Allen hurt possibly.  To me, it was a common sense call - funny thing about common sense, it ain't that common.

LRHawg

Quote from: Ball Hawg on September 30, 2017, 03:02:59 pm
100% agree...That was my first thought when I saw it was 4th and 4...perfect time to get our new kicker a chance and boost his confidence...game is over with and what good does it really do us going for it again on 4th down....instead, let's run a play to get Allen hurt possibly.  To me, it was a common sense call - funny thing about common sense, it ain't that common.

I hope I'm wrong and we either don't need it or make the kick. I don't like to see us fail.

I am sure Bret was saving his leg.  Can't over practice this time of year you know.

Bacons Rebellion

Seriously, I wanted us to try the field goal, but it was on the long side, and I figured they didn't want him to miss the long field goal and have to deal with that.

I don't really agree or disagree with that, since I'm just makin it up anyway, but that was my feeling on the logic.

Poker_hog

I'm not sure we were in fg range.  It was like a 40 yarder.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

LRHawg

We had fourth downs in the third quarter on their 13 and 26 yard lines. Also a 4th down on their 23rd in the fourth.

Poker_hog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 30, 2017, 03:51:15 pm
We had fourth downs in the third quarter on their 13 and 26 yard lines. Also a 4th down on their 23rd in the fourth.

So FG attempts of 30, 43, and 40.  The first one was probably in his range but the game was still on the line at that point.  The last 2 may have been out of his range.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt