Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today was the end of Beliema

Started by NorthDallas40, October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2013, 06:16:29 pm
We need Pete Carroll..........
Art Briles would be better. If you can build Baylor into a great team you can build anything.

WichitaStateRazorback

I read these posts and wonder if a large portion of our fan base is this absurd.   I WAS 110% AGAINST PETRINO BEING FIRED and one of the loudest with my disdain for long and his handling of the situation.   That being said I believe that BB was a fantastic hire and it is ridiculous the expectations some of our fans have put in him in year 1.  Let him get his team in place and then judge from there. 

TXArcher

Wow. You got Frank fired? Did you also have something to do with the motorcycle incident? I know- you were flying one of the banners.

TeedupHigh

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pm
Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

You are one fine piece of work!  If you are all you claim and have to come to HOGVILLE to tell everyone then you sure as hell ain't much!  I have never seen any old man who didn't think he was on hellava young man! You don't have a clue!  Went to a meeting in Dallas and you got Frank Fired!  Went to another one and CBB hurt your feelings with a F bomb!  Damn son you live a sheltered life!  GROW A PAIR!

NorthDallas40

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 12, 2013, 06:20:07 pm
ain't been called a young pup in many years . Kinda figured FB'S wife's illness played a part in his retiring . now i find out you got him fired . go figure
LOL, you are delusional.
And what is so great about it, is that most here will agree with you.
Bless your heart.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2013, 06:16:29 pm
We need Pete Carroll..........

That is not happening, and Kiffin? Anyone clamoring for a coach who couldn't win with the talent at USC  in the PAC-12, is just flat out being ridiculous.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CallMeHog on October 12, 2013, 06:27:02 pm
Art Briles would be better. If you can build Baylor into a great team you can build anything.

Art Briles was 4-8 in year one at Baylor
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

the END.

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on October 12, 2013, 06:27:42 pm
I read these posts and wonder if a large portion of our fan base is this absurd.   I WAS 110% AGAINST PETRINO BEING FIRED and one of the loudest with my disdain for long and his handling of the situation.   That being said I believe that BB was a fantastic hire and it is ridiculous the expectations some of our fans have put in him in year 1.  Let him get his team in place and then judge from there. 

Is it ridiculous to desire a team show some improvement week to week? Is it ridiculous to think a coach might light up players making mistakes down 3 or 4 scores? I'm not trying to fight with you or others: Just asking.

hogzz1

problem is, he'll probably win between 6-8 next year followed by another 6-8, then maybe 8-9, then back to 6.  Maybe an avg 7 overall but probably just enough to stay around for awhile. 

LZH

Quote from: superior_wang on October 12, 2013, 05:57:43 pm
even Jeff Long knows BB is a good coach and needs some time.

See?  If wang and I both can look past our contempt for BB's sometimes-wannabe-gangsta-horse**** persona and agree on this, anything's possible!

the END.

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 12, 2013, 06:28:58 pm
That is not happening, and Kiffin? Anyone clamoring for a coach who couldn't win with the talent at USC  in the PAC-12, is just flat out being ridiculous.

Put him on staff. Bielema can manage. Kiffin or Orgeron to recruit.

OahuHawg

I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC.

Soooo you're saying you're kind of a big deal? got it.

I once had a beer with Pat Haden (ok was drinking a beer and saw Pat Haden). I'm pretty sure I had something to do with the Lane dismissal.

rljjr

Quote from: jimhog on October 12, 2013, 06:19:16 pm
It is wrong to be talking about the end of Bielema at this time. This type of thing enhances our rivals at arkansas' expense.

Maybe, but it's a message board. The collective IQ around here as it relates to the inner workings of the football program, including me, is probably around 34.

westside_player

Another thing to consider is that when you are ready to fire Bielema, I don't know who you think you are going to replace him with. I saw someone bring up Briles. Briles has Baylor about #15. Why would he leave Baylor for this when the NFL or a place easier to win a NC might call?

It is amazing to me how we keep pulling impressive resume coaches out of the hat. We did with Petrino, Ford, Nutt (if you look at how he turned Murray in to a winner in 4 years). But sooner or later we will be Ole Miss and taking shots at career assistants every three years. Do you think we can find an assistant to do better than Bielema?  Sure there might be one or 2 out there, but they will be almost impossible to find.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: pdb1936 on October 12, 2013, 06:16:08 pm
August 30   6:00 pm   Western Illinois*      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR      W 28–24     70,537
September 6   6:00 pm   Louisiana-Monroe*      War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR   PPV   W 28–27     55,048
September 20   11:30 am   #13 Alabama      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   Raycom   L 14–49     72,315
September 27   2:30 pm   at #7 Texas*      Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX   ABC   L 10–52     97,833
October 4   11:30 am   #13 Florida      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   Raycom   L 7–38     70,072
October 11   4:00 pm   at #23 Auburn      Jordan-Hare Stadium • Auburn, AL   PPV   W 25–22     85,782
October 18   6:00 pm   at Kentucky      Commonwealth Stadium • Lexington, KY   ESPNU   L 20–21     70,534
October 25   6:00 pm   Ole Miss      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   PPV   L 21–23     74,168
November 1   1:00 pm   #18 Tulsa*      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   PPV   W 30–23     70,021
November 8   12:00 pm   at South Carolina      Williams-Brice Stadium • Columbia, SC   PPV   L 34–21     80,290
November 22   1:30 pm   at Mississippi State      Davis Wade Stadium • Starkville, MS      L 28–31     42,056
November 28   1:30 pm   LSU      War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR (Battle for the Boot)   CBS   W 31–30     55,325

Look at the Texas and Florida games. Also we weren't world beaters week 1 and 2.

We are a crazy fan base.

That doesn't count in the minds of people calling for instant domination in year 1 of Coach Beilema's career at Arkansas.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GlassofSwine

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 12, 2013, 06:29:22 pm
Art Briles was 4-8 in year one at Baylor

It took him 3-5 years to turn them around as well. However, they should have fired him and gone after Gruden or Pete Carroll after year one. Then they would have already won 2 NC's by now.

Oliver

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogzz1 on October 12, 2013, 06:31:34 pm
problem is, he'll probably win between 6-8 next year followed by another 6-8, then maybe 8-9, then back to 6.  Maybe an avg 7 overall but probably just enough to stay around for awhile. 

He's 71-28 so far so why this prognosis?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

spiritof92

I've been recycling (cramming in a cabinet and forgetting about it) paper/plastic grocery bags for longer than most of you have been alive.  Believe me when I say carrying your own bags to the store will never catch on.  I have tried for years to do this to save cabinet space but it just makes me nervous walking into a store with a bag.  People look at me like I'm going to rob them or something.  Alas, I will continue not bringing bags to the grocery store with me and cramming them into the same cabinets only disposing of them when it is no longer physically possible to fit any more bags in that space.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 12, 2013, 06:39:54 pm
I've been recycling (cramming in a cabinet and forgetting about it) paper/plastic grocery bags for longer than most of you have been alive.  Believe me when I say carrying your own bags to the store will never catch on.  I have tried for years to do this to save cabinet space but it just makes me nervous walking into a store with a bag.  People look at me like I'm going to rob them or something.  Alas, I will continue not bringing bags to the grocery store with me and cramming them into the same cabinets only disposing of them when it is no longer physically possible to fit any more bags in that space.

???

Chief Mac

Just to put it into context, I was an original darksider. Not for Nutt. But for Nolan on Woopig with Truth and Him. I've been posting under numerous handles for numerous reasons longer than most on here have been alive.
I played a not so insignificant role in getting Broyles fired when he spoke to the alumni group here in Dallas and said we could never be better than ninth in the SEC because we were ninth in revenues. Have had four tickets in the Red Zone since it opened.
The hogs are like my fourth child after my two kids and dog. Some of you know what I mean.
I golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back. Despite his dumb guy look, he's smart and witty. He's also foul and drops f bombs without knowing his audience (me too).
On this website, I posted under another handle when we lost at home to Bama with Mallett and our not being able to hold our lead that that was our one shot for greatness. Of course, everyone on here said I wasn't a fan and that we'd beat Bama for the next five years in a row.
So to today, this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees. But today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager. That will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 
He will be gone by year 3. And we will be stuck right back where we are now. But such is life. The stories will start in the offseason about how such an outspoken loud mouth is just not a good fit for Arkansas. By the end of next year, everyone on here will agree. And then he will get a third year to look for his next gig and we will back to square one. Can't wait.

Seems legit.....

Sarcasm off
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Cartoon Man

I still think we need someone with Arkansas ties.   Gus, BD, etc..  Gus will try to run the score up against us for not hiring him.  Wait and see.

spiritof92

HognotinMemphis

Talk to us, brother.

Here is my two cents: no good coach loses like that at home to this SC team. 30 yds passing. 16 min of possession. 3 turnovers. As you said, our team is not that bad. They are certainly thin but starters are not that awful. We looked like a bad Juco team today. Highly embarrassing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Arkansas Fan

It took him a while to get things going at Baylor. Our fans would've already called for his firing if he was here trying to build a program.

spiritof92

I was also the one that created global warming.  I was emitting carbon emissions like 30 billion years ago or something.  That was me.

grayhawg

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 12, 2013, 06:43:54 pm
I was also the one that created global warming.  I was emitting carbon emissions like 30 billion years ago or something.  That was me.

So that is what I kept hearing.

RedRock

This is a terrible prediction.  By the way, we were all indirectly responsible for Broyles getting fired....ticket sales and statewide interest was awful.

He plays the hand he is dealt.....and he is dealing with weak positions: LB, DB, QB, and WR.  We have some of the best freshman players in the country.  All because BB recruited and / or signed them. 

Give him time!

GlassofSwine

AL Gore?

trashcan maN

So three yrs ago when we lost u said we blew our one shot? Dude.. Thats prophet sht right there...

spiritof92

Is this the same anonymous guy that told us Gruden was coming?

superior_wang

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 12, 2013, 06:32:48 pm
See?  If wang and I both can look past our contempt for BB's sometimes-wannabe-gangsta-horse**** persona and agree on this, anything's possible!

so true,..fact is i cant think too poorly of any Zep fans regardless of  how they post. (JK).. heck my 10 yo has a jimmy page poster over his bed (tucked nicely beside eddie , stevie ray , john frusciante, john 5 and bucket head......paige , vaughan  and vh are of course higher on the walls that the others. Tis only right.

Tick Hog

Quote from: pdb1936 on October 12, 2013, 06:16:08 pm
August 30   6:00 pm   Western Illinois*      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR      W 28–24     70,537
September 6   6:00 pm   Louisiana-Monroe*      War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR   PPV   W 28–27     55,048
September 20   11:30 am   #13 Alabama      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   Raycom   L 14–49     72,315
September 27   2:30 pm   at #7 Texas*      Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX   ABC   L 10–52     97,833
October 4   11:30 am   #13 Florida      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   Raycom   L 7–38     70,072
October 11   4:00 pm   at #23 Auburn      Jordan-Hare Stadium • Auburn, AL   PPV   W 25–22     85,782
October 18   6:00 pm   at Kentucky      Commonwealth Stadium • Lexington, KY   ESPNU   L 20–21     70,534
October 25   6:00 pm   Ole Miss      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   PPV   L 21–23     74,168
November 1   1:00 pm   #18 Tulsa*      Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium • Fayetteville, AR   PPV   W 30–23     70,021
November 8   12:00 pm   at South Carolina      Williams-Brice Stadium • Columbia, SC   PPV   L 34–21     80,290
November 22   1:30 pm   at Mississippi State      Davis Wade Stadium • Starkville, MS      L 28–31     42,056
November 28   1:30 pm   LSU      War Memorial Stadium • Little Rock, AR (Battle for the Boot)   CBS   W 31–30     55,325

Look at the Texas and Florida games. Also we weren't world beaters week 1 and 2.

We are a crazy fan base.

BB<BP

lahawg1

Just goes to show what I know.....all this time I thought using multiple alias were grounds for permanent banning...

Pickwick Hog

AWE, LAWD, how we eva' gonna' get right! WE'RE DOOMED!!
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

RedyorNot

And you are a moron. Thanks for the two minute ass rant

Smokehouse

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 12, 2013, 06:46:43 pm
Is this the same anonymous guy that told us Gruden was coming?

ATGM was claiming Gruden was coming before any of you were even born.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

superior_wang

hey that cant be correct, some hogville tea partiers told me the earth was only 2047 years old.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

the END.

Quote from: RedRock on October 12, 2013, 06:45:08 pm
This is a terrible prediction.  By the way, we were all indirectly responsible for Broyles getting fired....ticket sales and statewide interest was awful.

He plays the hand he is dealt.....and he is dealing with weak positions: LB, DB, QB, and WR.  We have some of the best freshman players in the country.  All because BB recruited and / or signed them. 

Give him time!

Give him time. Ok. I will. But why? Has anyone here gone for a job lately? My friend is leaving to go home and she's a doctor. Every place she goes says first off we want you to see 30+ pts in a day. 600+ a month. Can she ask them to slow down?

You got money to perform. Don't give excuses. Perform. I think many here would like to see progress. And I for one don't. I'll give time. And I'm mostly being Devil's advocate. But... It's a legitimate argument.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: GlassofSwine on October 12, 2013, 06:28:58 pm

The Pac-12 is pretty good, and it's pretty hard to win anywhere with only 2/3 the scholarships of everyone else.  I'm not saying Kiffin is a great great coach, but what he did with their restrictions wasn't too shabby.

Pathogen

Wow.  Do you know the dark side of the force, too?  I just want to humbly say thank you for taking the time to post to us little people.

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pmI golfed with beliema here in Dallas a few months back.

Which no doubt miffed Tiger after he asked you to play golf with him instead.

On this website, I posted under another handle

Which, for normal folk, would be a violation of forum rules.  But not for a playa' like you.

this is just my placeholder post and I could care less who agrees or disagrees.

It's COULDN'T care less, not "COULD care less."  Think that over next time you are on the golf course - it'll make sense to you.  But maybe you just said it that way to connect with us bumpkins.

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pmBut today was the beginning of the end of CBB. That was not Bama we played and our cupboard is not that bare. He is not a fantastic recruiter or Xs and Os guy. He is admittedly a manager.

So....what you are saying is....if he loses alot over the next few years, he will get fired?  Dang dude, you are smart.

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 12, 2013, 05:40:55 pmThat will work at an upper echelon school but not here. 

An upper echelon school like who?  Wisconsin?

LZH

Fatty McGee

Just FYI, Briles went 4-8 his first two years then 7-6 his 3rd at Baylor.

swinesation

Were you the one flying the plane with the "Fire Houston Nutt" banner?

Hogarusa

Thanks for the cool backstory, bro
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rowdy1

Good Gosh you children are all soooo impatient.....give the guy about three years and then you can say what you want, but NOT UNTIL THEN.....Grow Up!
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

the END.

Quote from: rowdy1 on October 12, 2013, 06:57:38 pm
Good Gosh you children are all soooo impatient.....give the guy about three years and then you can say what you want, but NOT UNTIL THEN.....Grow Up!

I'd love this. Can I be President? Just give me 3 years before you complain.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: the END. on October 12, 2013, 06:31:19 pm
Is it ridiculous to desire a team show some improvement week to week? Is it ridiculous to think a coach might light up players making mistakes down 3 or 4 scores? I'm not trying to fight with you or others: Just asking.

Here's the thing.  99% of fans have no idea of how to judge progress in the players.  They are ball followers, and watch the game one time through, except for when they're doing something else, and they only see who has the ball the vast majority of the time.

Not only that, they have no clue what the strengths of the other team are.  I would venture to say there's not 5 members out of however many there are on this board that watch any games more than once.  Who re-watch the games in slow motion, who focus on someone other than the person with the ball, or have any idea what the abilities of our own team are much less the others.  They will yell at a cornerback for "getting beat" when they don't realize in that particular defensive scheme that the back was supposed to let the receiver go to be picked up by the safety.  They will complain about an offensive limenan "regressing" because they get beat without realizing how much better the DL on the other side is this week than last.

As far as "lighting up" players during the games, the coach knows his team far better than you ever will.  Not every coach sees the value in publicly tearing into players.  That doesn't mean he doesn't do it.  It just means you don't know about it. 

He also knows if "lighting up" players will actually help correct those mistakes because he knows the players.  He knows their personalities, he knows if they're freshmen and mistakes are to be expected, and he knows if the mistakes are due to stupidity, over-aggressiveness, or if they're not really mistakes at all they just got beat by a better player.  You don't.  Not even 1% of us do.

I am not crazy about the Bielema hire personally, but 99.9% of the complaints on this site are from know-nothings who think because they watch one game once a week they've got it figured out.  If in year 4 the guy's not winning, then yeah, we can all probably conclude it's time to move on.  But now?  Just idiots banging away on keyboards.