Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bsking

alright guys this is the season.  we got 9 outs to score 2 runs. 

trippigs

Clint Alan

new pitcher for Wazzu

Conley, Adam

1.1 innings in earlier series

gave up a run on 3 hits to hogs then
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

code3hawg

Quit Whinning and support your Team!

hogfan064

SEC teams starting to rally a bit over the last 10 minutes

LSU 6
Southern 2

South Carolina 4
George Mason 1

Oklahoma State 8
Alabama 3

Maybe the Hogs can join our SEC buddies and score some runs this inning

olivebranchhog

Well we got to the pen.....lets see if that makes a difference
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:12:15 pm
The wind howls in Norman everyday...but not enough to excuse that.  It certainly isn't bothering Wash. St. any.
Just trying to be a politically correct Hog fan and give our crappy defense a break.  I can't use the excuse of "The refs hate us" on a dropped fly ball.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Publius

Quote from: code3hawg on May 29, 2009, 03:13:19 pm
Ok St 8
Alabama 1

Middle Tenn 4
Vandy 2
I guess that MTSU win against Vandy earlier this year was no fluke.

Clint Alan

Oliver

Quote from: Publius on May 29, 2009, 03:13:47 pm
Just trying to be a politically correct Hog fan and give our crappy defense a break.  I can't use the excuse of "The refs hate us" on a dropped fly ball.

I understand.  I do live in Norman and the wind can be bad but having been outside not just a few minutes ago, you can catch a routine fly ball easily in the wind today.

Clint Alan

Oliver

Sweet.  We've upgraded our at bats from strikeouts to infield pop ups.  Bloop singles should start to occur in another few innings.

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:15:15 pm
I understand.  I do live in Norman and the wind can be bad but having been outside not just a few minutes ago, you can catch a routine fly ball easily in the wind today.
Why aren't you at the game man?!

olivebranchhog

Wow. Well that was about the dumbest move ever keeping Cisterna in right there.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: bsking on May 29, 2009, 03:12:28 pm
alright guys this is the season.  we got 9 outs to score 2 runs. 

crazy to imagine when we were sitting at #1 on April 11th, who would have thought that we would be in jeopardy of dropping our first game and dnot even in our OWN regional!  sometimes i like to sit back and think of this last month... it is mind blowing.

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:16:06 pm
Sweet.  We've upgraded our at bats from strikeouts to infield pop ups.  Bloop singles should start to occur in another few innings.
Called third strike PB's with runner advancing to first comes before bloop singles.

Oliver

Quote from: Publius on May 29, 2009, 03:16:23 pm

I'm at work...and I really don't want to catch flack from my Sooner friends which will start in about 1 innings time.

Publius

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 29, 2009, 03:16:51 pm
Arkansas "weekend" is right now. The Hogs have to win this game because they don't have the pitching/hitting for 4 more games but maybe 2 more games by staying in the winners bracket.
Exactly.

Clint Alan

Leavitt

grounds out to 2nd

inning over

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 runners left

TEAM          1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9     R   H   E
Wazzu         0  0  2  0  0  0  1            3   9   1
Arkansas      1  0  0  0  0  0  0            1   3   2

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: olivebranchhog on May 29, 2009, 03:16:42 pm
Wow. Well that was about the dumbest move ever keeping Cisterna in right there.

no joke... what is DVH thinking?

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:17:25 pm
I'm at work...and I really don't want to catch flack from my Sooner friends which will start in about 1 innings time.
You might as well bend over now for your Sooner friends...we haven't played well since early April.

Oliver

Quote from: Publius on May 29, 2009, 03:16:23 pm

I might go to tomorrow's game just to hold up a "Fire Todd Butler" sign.

Clint Alan

WE COULDNT HIT WATER IF WE FELL OUT OF A BOAT RIGHT NOW

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:19:02 pm

i think it is imperative that you get to the game to do that!

Clint Alan

Oliver

Quote from: Publius on May 29, 2009, 03:18:45 pm
You might as well bend over now for your Sooner friends...we haven't played well since early April.

Wouldn't be anything new.  Even when we finally beat them in basketball last year and I had my one night of enjoyment it was quickly erased by the end of conference play when we were setting all time lows in conference wins and OU was a 2 seed in the NCAAT.

chiefsfan

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 29, 2009, 03:16:51 pm
Arkansas "weekend" is right now. The Hogs have to win this game because they don't have the pitching/hitting for 4 more games but maybe 2 more games by staying in the winners bracket.

Yes and No.  but if we have any designs on coming back at all.  we need as much pitching as possible
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

cosmodrum

Quote from: gguillo on May 29, 2009, 03:18:42 pm
no joke... what is DVH thinking?

I'd be playing McCann over Cisterna all of the time. Neither can really hit, but McCann is a better catcher.
Go away, batin'

Oliver

Quote from: gguillo on May 29, 2009, 03:20:05 pm
i think it is imperative that you get to the game to do that!

Wouldn't be the first time I held up a "Fire [Arkansas Coach's Name]" sign in the city of Norman.

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:19:02 pm
I'll buy you a hot dog if you do that.

olivebranchhog

Cisterna might as well not even take a bat to the plate. He could hit just as well with his bare hands.

Iwastherein1969

Richards has to be wondering why in the hell he came to ARK...dude never gets a chance to save a game
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Teebow62

Bama just scored 5 in the third inning to cut an 8-0 deficit to 8-5. Why can't we score 5 in a game? COME ON HOGS!!!

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:20:23 pm
Wouldn't be anything new.  Even when we finally beat them in basketball last year and I had my one night of enjoyment it was quickly erased by the end of conference play when we were setting all time lows in conference wins and OU was a 2 seed in the NCAAT.
Maybe you could wear your 1978 Orange Bowl Shirt to work on Monday. 

Clint Alan

cosmodrum

Quote from: olivebranchhog on May 29, 2009, 03:21:35 pm
Cisterna might as well not even take a bat to the plate. He could hit just as well with his bare hands.

LOL yeah - there should be a Cisterna rule that states that if he can catch the pitch with his bare hands, he gets to throw it wherever he wants.
Go away, batin'

Iwastherein1969

has Wazzu dropped any pop fouls or fly balls ?   Sunshine Rick is making excuses...surprise

Clint Alan

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 29, 2009, 03:21:04 pm
I'd be playing McCann over Cisterna all of the time. Neither can really hit, but McCann is a better catcher.

agreed, we should have thought about throwing in every possible positive help for this game... sure, I understand you have to "save" and rotate players and strategies, but we are in jeopardy of never getting that chance for the rest of 2009.

Oliver

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 29, 2009, 03:21:46 pm
Richards has to be wondering why in the hell he came to ARK...dude never gets a chance to save a game

Maybe we should give him a bat...he can't do any worse than some of our hitters.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 29, 2009, 03:23:17 pm
LOL yeah - there should be a Cisterna rule that states that if he can catch the pitch with his bare hands, he gets to throw it wherever he wants.
LMFAO

olivebranchhog

the kid that just grounded out is the nephew of a former Olive Branch Mayor

Oliver

Quote from: Publius on May 29, 2009, 03:22:46 pm
Maybe you could wear your 1978 Orange Bowl Shirt to work on Monday. 

See I just can't do that anymore.  I hate hanging my hat on any Arkansas athletics older than 20 years.  The 1995 championship is about to go the wayside.

Clint Alan

bad guy

Ks

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 men left on

TEAM          1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9     R   H   E
Wazzu         0  0  2  0  0  0  1  0         3   9   1
Arkansas      1  0  0  0  0  0  0            1   3   2

Iwastherein1969

the only guy we have that can hit it out of this park is riding pine....i mean, damn, Eibner cannot do worse than what we've seen thus far

Publius

Quote from: Oliver Miller on May 29, 2009, 03:23:56 pm
Maybe we should give him a bat...he can't do any worse than some of our hitters.
Maybe we need to have a swing for the skies in reverse to find a hitter for Cisterna...have people mail in post cards to see who can hit for him in a game, and if they get a hit, they get a trip to anywhere in the country AA flies.

Clint Alan

trippigs

UAfan