Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum comments on the Louisville situation

Started by Hoggie17, September 27, 2017, 02:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 07:37:19 am
50% of wives in all marriages cheat on their husband.  Let me repeat that 50%.  No one thinks their spouce  will cheat.  All of us sin, there is no question about it.  But cheating in a marriage is between the husband and wife and how they handle is between them. It should stay at home where it belongs, it is not a reason to lose your job. If my wife cheated on me but did not want to end the marriage I would forgive her and and it would be as if it never happened.  That's the Christian way.  I forgave CBP he did his job well.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124040                                 
I agree... until you place the fiasco in the spotlight and news.  If it was a simple as Bob Petrino, the plumber, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.  Instead, it was CBMFP the offensive genius.... and he put on a pressed to discuss the accident.

hawgon

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 28, 2017, 08:18:54 am
He was in a motorcycle accident with his 20 something mistress who he put on the payroll. He refused to call an ambulance but called the state trooper to pick him up to cover his ass. He left the girl there by herself after the accident! Made her get another ride!

If you haven't ever had to leave someone in the sticks or hike out of the sticks yourself after a wreck, you've led a sheltered life.

GuvHog

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:11:59 am

Were you a witness?

Or is this hear-say....I would like to know the truth.

He's just Parroting Jeff Long. He believes Jeff is a God who could never possibly tell a lie.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 28, 2017, 08:22:05 am
I agree... until you place the fiasco in the spotlight and news.  If it was a simple as Bob Petrino, the plumber, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.  Instead, it was CBMFP the offensive genius.... and he put on a pressed to discuss the accident.

He didn't "Put on" a press conference, it was a regularly scheduled press conference.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 08:35:38 am
He's just Parroting Jeff Long. He believes Jeff is a God who could never possibly tell a lie.
Well, in this case there is no doubt who the liar was..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 08:42:16 am
He didn't "Put on" a press conference, it was a regularly scheduled press conference.
Ok... he went to a presser in a neck brace and discussed his motorcycle wreck.

311Hog

catching up on this thread has given me so many belly laughs.  To see the level of self delusion some posters on here are willing to go too to  convince themselves that Bobby Petrino is a good man and that because we wiffed a marginal increase in success for 2 years that they would personally crawl over broken glass to Louisville to carry him back here is astonishingly sad and pathetic.

Yall do know that Bobby wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire right? the guy hates almost everyone he meets.  So unless you are a 6 foot blonde with daddy issues he is not interested.

Hoggie17

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 09:20:41 am
catching up on this thread has given me so many belly laughs.  To see the level of self delusion some posters on here are willing to go too to  convince themselves that Bobby Petrino is a good man and that because we wiffed a marginal increase in success for 2 years that they would personally crawl over broken glass to Louisville to carry him back here is astonishingly sad and pathetic.

Yall do know that Bobby wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire right? the guy hates almost everyone he meets.  So unless you are a 6 foot blonde with daddy issues he is not interested.
No one is perfect.  Some are really good football coaches. BP is an excellant football coach. Sabin is a complete jerk, but an excellent football coach.  It was once said good guys finish last, there is no where that this exemplified better than college football.

311Hog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 09:34:55 am
No one is perfect.  Some are really good football coaches. BP is an excellant football coach. Sabin is a complete jerk, but an excellent football coach.  It was once said good guys finish last, there is no where that this exemplified better than college football.

Yep no one is perfect, but we are responsible for our actions and the consequences for those actions.

Btw Petrino is no Saban both as a coach and as a husband/man at least as far as what the public knows both maybe jerks, but one is a faithful jerk with national title rings for almost every finger.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 09:47:24 am
Yep no one is perfect, but we are responsible for our actions and the consequences for those actions.

Btw Petrino is no Saban both as a coach and as a husband/man at least as far as what the public knows both maybe jerks, but one is a faithful jerk with national title rings for almost every finger.

This statement right here shows you ain't got a clue....you might want to study Nick a little closer...but that wouldn't fit your agenda.

PRJ

311Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 28, 2017, 10:02:41 am
This statement right here shows you ain't got a clue....

PRJ

coming from you i will be proud that i typed it.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 10:03:49 am
coming from you i will be proud that i typed it.

Doesn't mean you got a lick of sense. You need to research a little more before you shoot your mouth off.

And I am glad I made ya famous for a day.

PRJ

Hoggie17

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 09:47:24 am

Both are in the top 10 of college coaching. That's what I want at Arkansas again, fact is I know no one that is perfect so I don't want to know anything about their personal life, it's none of my business. 

311Hog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 10:10:30 am
Both are in the top 10 of college coaching. That's what I want at Arkansas again, fact is I know no one that is perfect so I don't want to know anything about their personal life, it's none of my business. 

Petrino Dflute brigade out in force again today.

Petrino isn't even in the same state as Saban.  Saban is arguably the greatest college football coach in HISTORY.  Petrino hasn't even won a SINGLE TITLE.

It is nice to know that yall's delusion extends beyond just Petrino at Arkansas, and it is basically anything Petrino does.

I bet you also think Petrino is a Top 10 adulterer as well right?  greatest motorcycle driver? bestest lier ? my goodness

311Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 28, 2017, 10:05:36 am
Doesn't mean you got a lick of sense. You need to research a little more before you shoot your mouth off.

And I am glad I made ya famous for a day.

PRJ

You are famous for being an idiot, though it is kinda sad you dropped the slack jawwed yokel method of typing your posts at least that made it funny.

Been10Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2017, 08:24:14 am
If you haven't ever had to leave someone in the sticks or hike out of the sticks yourself after a wreck, you've led a sheltered life.
You don't get it! She could have had an injury. He protected his ass and would not let her ride with him! Are you such a Petrino lover you can't see the man has no integrity or care for anyone but himself? I guess that's ok, because he can call plays?!

311Hog

since when is the side of the road "the sticks"?

GuvHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 08:47:32 am
Well, in this case there is no doubt who the liar was..

They both lied. Petrino did it in that presser then Long lied his backside off in the termination press conference.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 10:27:02 am
You are famous for being an idiot, though it is kinda sad you dropped the slack jawwed yokel method of typing your posts at least that made it funny.

You are an embarrassment.

You are welcome for your incoming fame.

PRJ

311Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 28, 2017, 10:31:43 am
You are an embarrassment.

You are welcome for your incoming fame.

PRJ

i doubt anything is on the way, but thanks.  Enjoy the CBP highlights on sportcenter.

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 09:20:41 am

Oh stop it with your "Holier than Thou" crap. Bobby was a jerk when he was hired and everyone knew it. The thing is he wasn't hired to kiss babies, glad hand the fans or be "Mr. Personality", he was hired to WIN while running a clean program and he did just that. Yes, what he did was wrong but he paid too high of a price for it. He's been punished, has had to eat a BIG piece of humble pie, and he knows what he will have to do if he comes back to Arkansas so it's time to cut the crap and bring him back.

HogHomer

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 10:42:38 am
Oh stop it with your "Holier than Thou" crap. Bobby was a jerk when he was hired and everyone knew it. The thing is he wasn't hired to kiss babies, glad hand the fans or be "Mr. Personality", he was hired to WIN while running a clean program and he did just that. Yes, what he did was wrong but he paid too high of a price for it. He's been punished, has had to eat a BIG piece of humble pie, and he knows what he will have to do if he comes back to Arkansas so it's time to cut the crap and bring him back.
No but part of his job was being a representative of the University and he failed at that.

311Hog

do you have his house under surveillance Guv?

Gonzo

I love the smell of sanctimony in the morning!

Go Hogs!

GuvHog

Quote from: HogHomer on September 28, 2017, 10:45:27 am
No but part of his job was being a representative of the University and he failed at that.

No, he wasn't hired for that. If they were looking for a guy to be "Mr. Personality" and represent the U of A in a personable way, Bobby wouldn't have gotten the job. They had "Mr. Personality" for 10 years who kept losing games he should have won and they were tired of it. They hired Bobby to WIN and do so while running a clean program. They knew he was a jerk with no personality but that was irrelevant to them. They didn't care about anything except WINNING and doing it while running a clean program. Nothing else mattered.

311Hog

yes he was, all head coaches at all institutions are the "face" of the school and the program to argue otherwise is ... wait nm its GUv.

HogInThaGrove

It's funny, we apparently hold a college football coach to a higher level of integrity than we do a certain former governor of this great state.  Clinton perjured himself, lied alllll over national television, had affairs in the Oval Office, and on and on.  The freaking senate wouldn't even impeach him.  And now, years later, most people look at him fondly..why....because he was President during a time of great prosperity.  He was lucky to have the .com boon happen during his time.  He also is charismatic and engaging.  People forgave him of his indiscretions enough to almost elect his wife, who slut shamed every one of his side-pieces, to be President. 

All I'm saying is that Jeff should have known that ultimately he was responsible for who was hired in the athletic department.  To pretend that Jeff was completely clean of any culpability for the situation is dishonest.  To say he didn't hear rumors when they were out there, or even have people asking "why her" when there were many more qualified applicants, is also dishonest.  Bobby definitely didn't help, but Jeff threw Bobby under the bus and made it look like he just had no clue that the woman even worked there, even though he accepted the recommendation to hire her (from a panel...of which BP wasn't a part of). Bobby is/was a control freak...just like Saban is famous for being.. and the wreck was something he couldn't control and he freaked out and lied.  Who hasn't lied when they've done something wrong and tried to cover their butts?  Does it work?  Not usually, but it's most of our reactions initially.  My kids do it all the time, and they aren't devious little adulterating liers.... 

BP was a ***.  He wasn't a great person.  He may still not be.  Most people who have been around him and have reported on it say he's mellowed a little and actually found a little introspection.  Sometimes people never even get to introspection, so that seems a positive change.  If he's legitimately worked on his faults, which we all could use, then I have no problem hiring him back.  I'd like to think people can change when a life altering situation happens and sends them crashing down.  If he hasn't and it's all a facade...then I'd rather we find another guy who is a winner.... but one thing we can all agree on is that BB isn't getting it done on the field.  May be a great guy, but so far he hasn't proven himself to be a great coach.  BB and BP appear to be total opposites. 

GuvHog

No, but I see his demeanor on the sidelines when I happen to catch a Louisville game on TV if the Hogs aren't playing. He's also admitted the mistakes he made at Arkansas and apologized for them.

jcbville

I dont understand why all the conspiracy theories and excuses still surround what happened to CBP. All the notes and documents etc.. are available as public record and can be read by anyone. CBP is a good coach that by his own admission got himself fired. It really isnt any more complicated than that.

Redhogs

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 10:54:12 am
No, he wasn't hired for that. If they were looking for a guy to be "Mr. Personality" and represent the U of A in a personable way, Bobby wouldn't have gotten the job. They had "Mr. Personality" for 10 years who kept losing games he should have won and they were tired of it. They hired Bobby to WIN and do so while running a clean program. They knew he was a jerk with no personality but that was irrelevant to them. They didn't care about anything except WINNING and doing it while running a clean program. Nothing else mattered.
Don't worry Guv we have "mr personality"  now....not working out so well though... :-\ :-\
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogsanity

Typical Hogville, a thread about dirty BASKETBALL coaches becomes yet another BP thread. <uch like 10 years ago when people could not argue the actual point without bringing up HDN, some now have to bring up BP in every thread.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Redhogs

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on September 28, 2017, 10:56:02 am
It's funny, we apparently hold a college football coach to a higher level of integrity than we do a certain former governor of this great state.  Clinton perjured himself, lied alllll over national television, had affairs in the Oval Office, and on and on.  The freaking senate wouldn't even impeach him.  And now, years later, most people look at him fondly..why....because he was President during a time of great prosperity.  He was lucky to have the .com boon happen during his time.  He also is charismatic and engaging.  People forgave him of his indiscretions enough to almost elect his wife, who slut shamed every one of his side-pieces, to be President. 

All I'm saying is that Jeff should have known that ultimately he was responsible for who was hired in the athletic department.  To pretend that Jeff was completely clean of any culpability for the situation is dishonest.  To say he didn't hear rumors when they were out there, or even have people asking "why her" when there were many more qualified applicants, is also dishonest.  Bobby definitely didn't help, but Jeff threw Bobby under the bus and made it look like he just had no clue that the woman even worked there, even though he accepted the recommendation to hire her (from a panel...of which BP wasn't a part of). Bobby is/was a control freak...just like Saban is famous for being.. and the wreck was something he couldn't control and he freaked out and lied.  Who hasn't lied when they've done something wrong and tried to cover their butts?  Does it work?  Not usually, but it's most of our reactions initially.  My kids do it all the time, and they aren't devious little adulterating liers.... 

BP was a ***.  He wasn't a great person.  He may still not be.  Most people who have been around him and have reported on it say he's mellowed a little and actually found a little introspection.  Sometimes people never even get to introspection, so that seems a positive change.  If he's legitimately worked on his faults, which we all could use, then I have no problem hiring him back.  I'd like to think people can change when a life altering situation happens and sends them crashing down.  If he hasn't and it's all a facade...then I'd rather we find another guy who is a winner.... but one thing we can all agree on is that BB isn't getting it done on the field.  May be a great guy, but so far he hasn't proven himself to be a great coach.  BB and BP appear to be total opposites.
Good post...thanks.

Hoggie17

This

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 10:59:09 am
No, but I see his demeanor on the sidelines when I happen to catch a Louisville game on TV if the Hogs aren't playing. He's also admitted the mistakes he made at Arkansas and apologized for them.

so the answer is yes, yes you have him under surveillance and can tell from his demeanor on the sidelines of a football game that he is a totally reformed man committed to his faith his wife and his program and that he wants desperately to return to Arkansas and bring home the glory the right way......

Man doesn't even sound right when i am being sarcastic.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2017, 08:24:14 am

Ummmm. He was not in the "sticks" per se. He was still in the ditch along the road right of way. Probably had to walk about 20 steps to get to the edge of the pavement. You make it sound like he ran his bike into the forest for a mile.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 10:55:19 am
yes he was, all head coaches at all institutions are the "face" of the school and the program to argue otherwise is ... wait nm its GUv.

They didn't care about that when they hired him. All they wanted was a head coach that would win and do it while running a clean program. Truth be told though, every time the guy appeared at a Razorback club meeting, he was greeted by overflowing crowds of fans, many of whom were trying to get his autograph.

The last time I went to a Razorback club meeting here since Bielema has become head coach, the room was barely half full.  It's really sad how much things have deteriorated since April of 2012.

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 11:06:49 am
so the answer is yes, yes you have him under surveillance and can tell from his demeanor on the sidelines of a football game that he is a totally reformed man committed to his faith his wife and his program and that he wants desperately to return to Arkansas and bring home the glory the right way......

You do realize that his wife is still with him and fully supports him, right?? She's obviously forgiven him. Do you think you are better than she is??

Hoggie17

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 11:06:49 am

311 you should be happy you got just we wanted Mr personality as the AD and everyone's buddy is CBB. We are sitting at the bottom of the SEC with Vandy and Ky.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on September 28, 2017, 11:03:54 am
Typical Hogville, a thread about dirty BASKETBALL coaches becomes yet another BP thread. <uch like 10 years ago when people could not argue the actual point without bringing up HDN, some now have to bring up BP in every thread.
I think he's being discussed in this thread because  Finebaum invoked his name when making his comments, which is what this thread is about. You are right though, he is discussed way too much at this point, he has been gone 6 years and ain't never coming back. love him or hate him he's gone and has no effect on this program now. I will say the reason for this is because of the currently failing program and our horrible won /loss record. If we were a winning team at this point, his name would seldom be mentioned.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 11:08:12 am
They didn't care about that when they hired him. All they wanted was a head coach that would win and do it while running a clean program. Truth be told though, every time the guy appeared at a Razorback club meeting, he was greeted by overflowing crowds of fans, many of whom were trying to get his autograph.

The last time I went to a Razorback club meeting here since Bielema has become head coach, the room was barely half full.  It's really sad how much things have deteriorated since April of 2012.

This is correct. He was still the face, and still a visible representative of the school and the state.  This doesn't mean he has to be shaking hands and kissing babies, but it does mean he cannot publicly cheat on his wife and participate in the hiring of that mistress to a position within the University/state, and then lie about it.

The clause in his contract is there for a reason, this reason.  sooner you accept this the better you will feel Guv.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 11:11:09 am
You do realize that his wife is still with him and fully supports him, right?? She's obviously forgiven him. Do you think you are better than she is??

That is between him and his wife.  You do realize that his mistress is not employed by the State of Arkansas anymore and neither is he.
He can cheat on his wife all day long i do not care.  Hire mistress to state position lie to boss about it.  That is where he went off the rails.

311Hog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:11:17 am
311 you should be happy you got just we wanted Mr personality as the AD and everyone's buddy is CBB. We are sitting at the bottom of the SEC with Vandy and Ky.

umm i am happy regardless.  I am not sure why you think of these guys as mr personallity i mean i guess so i do not know them personally.

And we are no stranger to the bottom so what else is new.

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 11:14:37 am
This is correct. He was still the face, and still a visible representative of the school and the state.  This doesn't mean he has to be shaking hands and kissing babies, but it does mean he cannot publicly cheat on his wife and participate in the hiring of that mistress to a position within the University/state, and then lie about it.

The clause in his contract is there for a reason, this reason.  sooner you accept this the better you will feel Guv.

Like I said, none of that mattered to them when he was hired. All that matter to the PTB is that he win while running a clean program. That was made pretty clear when he was hired.

hoghiker

Why on god's green earth do people think Petrino would come back to Arkansas if ask. I have a soft spot for my ex-wife but she is my ex-wife. I ain't going back and Petrino ain't coming back to Arkansas. He didn't look like a happy guy when he left (I can't get the neck brace and abrasion pic out of my head). Pretty sure both parties burnt their respective end of the bridge to Bobby Land when he left.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 11:18:17 am
Like I said, none of that mattered to them when he was hired. All that matter to the PTB is that he win while running a clean program. That was made pretty clear when he was hired.

You do realize the timeline of events that he was hired before he broke the rules right?

They hired a winning a-hole (dubious) they fired a guy who lied to his boss, broke state law in the hiring process of his mistress along with undisclosed conflicts of interests etc.

Contrary to popular belief the head football coach at Arkansas is a state employee and not above the law.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 11:11:09 am

That's great but it has absolutely nothing to do with his firing. He was not fired what he did to his wife. He was fired for what he did with his employer.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: 311Hog on September 28, 2017, 11:25:01 am
You do realize the timeline of events that he was hired before he broke the rules right?

They hired a winning a-hole (dubious) they fired a guy who lied to his boss, broke state law in the hiring process of his mistress along with undisclosed conflicts of interests etc.

Contrary to popular belief the head football coach at Arkansas is a state employee and not above the law.
now you've done it and will get the line "he didn't hire her, JL did".
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HogHomer

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 28, 2017, 11:37:05 am
That's great but it has absolutely nothing to do with his firing. He was not fired what he did to his wife. He was fired for what he did with his employer.
Whoa now lets not start a different rumor haha

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 11:38:35 am

Are you saying Jeff had no idea she was being recommended to him for the job? A recommendation which he approved?

Is the top guy not ultimately responsible for the hires of the athletic department?  I mean, he acts as if he had no part in hiring her, but he sure does take the lead when it's time to fire BP?  So which is it? Is JL in control of the athletic department or is the head football coach a separate athletic director by himself? 

JL is not squeaky clean in this mess, but he sure came out smelling like roses and has parlayed that "integrity" crap as far as he can. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 11:38:35 am

Long is also responsible for her hire.  You may not want to admit it, but that is verifiably true.