Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB Charles Strong announces top 3, talks Arkansas

Started by Richard Davenport, January 18, 2018, 10:22:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Excellent interview. Sure does seem like an uphill battle given his relationship with Fisher...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ArkansasI

Richard,

You did a fantastic job in that interview.  You asked questions to which fans want hear answers.

As he warmed up to the interview, Charles' responses became more revealing.  The chance to play and create a legacy is important to him - and Arkansas provides that opportunity better than some teams that have been more successful the past few years.

He has a relationship with Fisher, but it won't be the same at A&M - we can all understand how it might seem odd since they spent so much time together at FSU.  That unexpected break from Florida State might have cooled Charles...  Fisher left FSU after bringing that program down.

I am not under the illusion that the Hogs are the team to beat.  However, Coach Morris is a high energy guy, and he's riding his horse - Clemson's success and his quick ascension from SMU to Arkansas.  The door is cracked open, hopefully we can blow the hinges off if Charles makes his visit.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rljjr

How many RBs can we afford to take? One? Two? None? I guess we take the best players available at this point with only 6-8 slots left.

VirginiaHog

I will be shocked if we do t get Boyd. That said, I wonder if we have room for Strong.

Hogindasticks

Richard Davenport

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 19, 2018, 08:51:21 am
Richard,

You did a fantastic job in that interview.  You asked questions to which fans want hear answers.

As he warmed up to the interview, Charles' responses became more revealing.  The chance to play and create a legacy is important to him - and Arkansas provides that opportunity better than some teams that have been more successful the past few years.

He has a relationship with Fisher, but it won't be the same at A&M - we can all understand how it might seem odd since they spent so much time together at FSU.  That unexpected break from Florida State might have cooled Charles...  Fisher left FSU after bringing that program down.

I am not under the illusion that the Hogs are the team to beat.  However, Coach Morris is a high energy guy, and he's riding his horse - Clemson's success and his quick ascension from SMU to Arkansas.  The door is cracked open, hopefully we can blow the hinges off if Charles makes his visit.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm my own worst critic. I'll listen back and say I should've asked this and that.

247Hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 18, 2018, 10:49:40 pm
Excellent interview. Sure does seem like an uphill battle given his relationship with Fisher...

He just looks like a sleaze IMO. I would rather play for 100 other coaches in College before Fisher.

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan