Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Just In

Started by The Broadcaster, February 24, 2007, 02:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Broadcaster

Just heard that Stan Heath WILL BE FIRED the day the team gets back from the SEC Tournament. This is coming from a reliable source who works close to the team. Please don't delete this post because it is not a rumor it is a fact that was told to a reporter for a NW Arkansas paper.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

BartIV

How can they fire Stan Heath and Not houston nutt.
Who is your source?

RhodeHog

Quote from: ICEman on February 24, 2007, 02:20:23 pm
Why wait?

To give Stan a little dignity.  He's a really nice guy, just out of his league in the SEC.  This season is a wash anyway.

SultanofSwine

If you haven't done so, you need to confirm your source with an Admin immediately.

The Broadcaster

Man I dont reveal my sources and I hate putting people's names out there. If you're a moderator and wanna PM me I would gladly reveal, if your not, dont waste my time.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

missippihog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:20:54 pm
Who is your source?

Lets see, 10 win FB season VS sub 500 BB season with 1 road win. Not hard to figure out.

darth sooie

February 24, 2007, 02:23:02 pm #7 Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:25:42 pm by darth sooie
IF he is gonna get fired, i'd do it after the vandy game but I'd still accept an NIT bid and let him coach the team... why cause the team could use the practice and maybe show some *** dignity + i'd let stan use it for his resume

razorhead94

Who is your source?

Quit saying this!!!!  Houston just had a 10-4 season and 7-1 in SEC...Stan is 5-9 in SEC enough said!
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

BigArkyintheRock

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. Wish the UofA would pull the trigger today.
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

SemperFi

I've been very quiet about Stan and HDN and although I think that HDN is still the man to coach the football team, Stan Heath on the other hand just stinks as a Coach. He can recruit, but he can't or won't instill any mental toughness or desire to win in his teams. I say goodbye and good riddance!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

trufanofhogs

Bomis Hawg

Glad this "fact" is reported.

chiefsfan

I bet Stan doesnt get fired if they win the SEC tournament

But otherwise, he can borrow Nutt's UHAUL
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

BartIV

Two years before Houston Nutt had a 5-6 and 4-7 season and this year didn't win the Bowl game. Houston accomplished nothing this year, 10-4 thanks to Herring and Gus, thats if Gus was allowed to call the offense completely.

3kgthog

What if the other teams forfeit and the Hogs win the SECT? Are they still going to fire him then? Just sayin'.  ;D

MikeCapshaw

Both Stan and Houston should be fired, but Stan will get the boot first.

missippihog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:26:00 pm
Two years before Houston Nutt had a 5-6 and 4-7 season and this year didn't win the Bowl game. Houston accomplished nothing this year, 10-4 thanks to Herring and Gus, that's if Gus was allowed to call the offense completely.

Then you would have to had fired him then. You can't wait until he has a great season then fire him. That is just idiotic.

BartIV

Fire Stan and Nutt at same time, then there is no controversy. If they fire Stan and Not Nutt, say what you want, it will be a nolan Richardson trial all over again, as it should.

razorhead94

Two years before Houston Nutt had a 5-6 and 4-7 season and this year didn't win the Bowl game. Houston accomplished nothing this year, 10-4 thanks to Herring and Gus, thats if Gus was allowed to call the offense completely.

Also houston said it would be down years and everybody knew we didn't have the talent.  Do you see Stan telling anybody that we would have a down year?? NO!  He said we should make it to the tourney again and hopefully go farther.  And talent wise these teams are different.  Basketball team has more talent than South car, ole miss, miss st, auburn, georgia and we still lose to them anyways.  Please dont tell me that in football we have more talent than florida and LSU..if you actually believe that then give me some of that koolaid.

UnionChristian#3

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:23:06 pm
Who is your source?

Quit saying this!!!!  Houston just had a 10-4 season and 7-1 in SEC...Stan is 5-9 in SEC enough said!

exactly... if Nutt goes 8-4, 7-5 next year, he will be gone too.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

Temprees

Who is your source?

All of this is true, but Houston was not fired to two consecutive losing seasons, after being here 7 years.  Double standard.  Good ole boy network.  Those come to mind.

wirebender25

Quote from: SultanofSwine on February 24, 2007, 02:22:18 pm
If you haven't done so, you need to confirm your source with an Admin immediately.

Do it.  because the admin are god.

arkhogdog61

people its not the 10 win season people are pissed about i can't believe that keeps coming up its all the other bull$hit GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

jcrowe01

I don't care if they start with stan or nutt they still both need to go

jkstock04

Quote from: The Broadcaster on February 24, 2007, 02:19:34 pm
Just heard that Stan Heath WILL BE FIRED the day the team gets back from the SEC Tournament. This is coming from a reliable source who works close to the team. Please don't delete this post because it is not a rumor it is a fact that was told to a reporter for a NW Arkansas paper.
Heath is gonna get fired?  WOW!!!  Ya don't say???  I'm glad you brought this to the table or else I never woulda thunk it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

3hogs

they cant win one game in the sect. do it now!

PigWig

Heath has ABSOLUTELY no grounds for any sort of lawsuit against the university. I have been calling for Houston's head for a while now but if you look at the record, Houston Nutt is a more successful coach than Stan Heath. End of story. Heath is a better person, but class doesn't win games or fill seats.

RhodeHog

Quote from: wirebender25 on February 24, 2007, 02:29:48 pm

Need I remind you that this is a free board that you can be removed from?

wirebender25

Quote from: Temprees on February 24, 2007, 02:29:48 pm
Who is your source?

All of this is true, but Houston was not fired to two consecutive losing seasons, after being here 7 years.  Double standard.  Good ole boy network.  Those come to mind.

Double standard is BS.. Heath has lost alt more than Nutt.  NCAA or bust(fired)

BartIV

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 24, 2007, 02:29:15 pm

Also houston said it would be down years and everybody knew we didn't have the talent.  Do you see Stan telling anybody that we would have a down year?? NO!  He said we should make it to the tourney again and hopefully go farther.  And talent wise these teams are different.  Basketball team has more talent than South car, ole miss, miss st, auburn, georgia and we still lose to them anyways.  Please dont tell me that in football we have more talent than florida and LSU..if you actually believe that then give me some of that koolaid.
If i was a coach, I would say it is a down year, every year, then I wouldn't worry about loosing my job. Excuses are like @$$holes, they both stink.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: missippihog on February 24, 2007, 02:22:56 pm
Who is your source?

Lets see, 10 win FB season VS sub 500 BB season with 1 road win. Not hard to figure out.

Missippi, one of these days I'm gonna take you to school.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

CoachHogT

Who is your source?

2 losing seasons and didn't get fired.......sets the curve

bphi11ips

Who is your source?

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

SultanofSwine

wire, post of this nature require verification in an attept to limit the perpetuation of bad info and rumors. If you don't like it, feel free to pay one of those other boards for your hog info.

jkstock04

Quote from: PigWig on February 24, 2007, 02:30:54 pm
Heath has ABSOLUTELY no grounds for any sort of lawsuit against the university. I have been calling for Houston's head for a while now but if you look at the record, Houston Nutt is a more successful coach than Stan Heath. End of story. Heath is a better person, but class doesn't win games or fill seats.
If Dickey Nutt was our basketball coach would he get the axe under these same circumstances?  I doubt it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

Quote from: BartIV on February 24, 2007, 02:28:05 pm
Fire Stan and Nutt at same time, then there is no controversy. If they fire Stan and Not Nutt, say what you want, it will be a nolan Richardson trial all over again, as it should.

No, it won't. There is a simple equation here.

Lawsuit = End of coaching career. 

Pignominious

Your'e right it sucks that Stan will get the shaft and the idiot Nutt is going to get another year.  It is just the politics of it all.  Nutt got in good with the right people and is just now getting dug out.  I think Nutt should have been fired yesterday but there is not very much we can do about it.  Just keep the pressure on him and hope that things play out the way they should.  As far as Heath goes I am just ready for the program to move on.  From the Nolan trial to the past 5 years it has been very hard on everybody.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

TransAmHawg

10-1 with Gus and MM involved. 0-3, 1-3 if you count the Mistake game, for Dale's offense with Casey Dick as Qb. Dale's record overall stinks! Stan is not the man but Dale is the dork and should go job hunting with Stan, too.
  We deserve to be a top 20 team in both sports year after year. It isn't that hard to see the problems with both if you just look. We've got to do something soon on both counts. 
  FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

bphi11ips

Now I know who coined that phrase "Thank God for Mississippi".  It was Houston Nutt.

PigWig

Quote from: donewithdale on February 24, 2007, 02:33:35 pm
Quote from: PigWig on February 24, 2007, 02:30:54 pm

Houston is gone soon for different reasons. We cannot let him off and ignore him due to Stan.

But Stan's gone and it has nothing to do with race.
I agree completely. All I'm saying is the "lawsuit" claims are complete garbage.

WilsonHog

Quote from: wirebender25 on February 24, 2007, 02:29:48 pm

That's strike one and two.

Give me a reason to pull the trigger.

BartIV

Stan Heath has accomplished just as much as Houston Nutt - nothing.
10-4 (71% winning percentage) great, where is our trophy for this great season.

TMc

Comparing Stan and Houston is ridiculous to me. Stan is not winning "winable" games against inferior competition .  Still can't inbounds the ball against the press or much less break the press half the time. No mental toughness on the road. He has got to go.  There is no comparison.

Pignominious

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 24, 2007, 02:33:45 pm

No, it won't. There is a simple equation here.

Lawsuit = End of coaching career. 

Heath is not going to sue the university. There is no case.  He has no hardware and there is no specific example that he was racially discriminated.  Besides Heath can't even chew out a ref, how is this guy going to sue a major university?
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

BartIV

Quote from: TMc on February 24, 2007, 02:36:36 pm
Comparing Stan and Houston is ridiculous to me. Stan is not winning "winable" games against inferior competition .  Still can't inbounds the ball against the press or much less break the press half the time. No mental toughness on the road. He has got to go.  There is no comparison.
Houston Nutt can't develope Qb's and has no passing game. there is a comparison.

razorhead94

Quote from: TMc on February 24, 2007, 02:36:36 pm

Exactly

missippihog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 24, 2007, 02:32:12 pm
Who is your source?

Missippi, one of these days I'm gonna take you to school.

Through with school thanks.

bphi11ips

In all seriousness, in light of Houston Nutt's record in 2004 and 2005, if we fire Stan Heath we damn sure better replace him with an African-American coach.  Otherwise Stan will be able to establish a prima facie case of racial discrimination in employment.

jkstock04

Who is your source?

4-7 and 5-6....but I guess that was OK, right?  We'll just forget about that and give Stan the boot when he does bad....I know Nutt can do no wrong in your eyes.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys