Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else wanna give their prediction?

Started by NATEHOGG216, August 11, 2006, 03:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NATEHOGG216

August 11, 2006, 03:08:08 pm Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 03:27:16 pm by NATEHOGG216
Ok, so here is how I see the next couple of weeks playing out until sept 2.  They are going to start by the end of next week trying to get out of telling us the starting qb, which will be easy enough b/c practices will be closed.  They are going to be talking about how casey is the man but hurt right now so we are taking a wait and see approach.  They will say how mm is really coming along but just not quite ready to fill that spot against a top tier team for his first start.  They will talk about how RJ is really getting the hang of things and that until CD is better that MM and RJ will split the reps equally.  They will talk about how it is more than HIGHLY unlikely the Run DMC will be ready to go.  They will talk about how it may end up being RJ and Felix out there.  Then come sept 2 they are gonna run MM and Dmac out of that tunnel and onto the field to lead this team. 

Ok Maybe that is just what I am hoping for.  Make everyone think RJ is gonna be the man and tell them not to worry about MM's arm or Dmac's legs  and then  all of a sudden.   WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH  SHAT LOOK AT THAT BACKFIELD
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Melhog

I agree with Irwin on this one. If CD can't go, then I think they start RoJo.  MM comes off the bench early in the game.  I think it makes no sense to start a true freshman against USC...but, then again we are talking about Nutt.

sooie dog

August 11, 2006, 03:32:21 pm #2 Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 03:40:49 pm by sooie dog
Quote from: Melhog on August 11, 2006, 03:27:58 pm
I agree with Irwin on this one. If CD can't go, then I think they start RoJo.  MM comes off the bench early in the game.  I think it makes no sense to start a true freshman against USC...but, then again we are talking about Nutt.

I'm not sure that it makes any sense starting Johnson either.

cbjagman

Well at the rate we're losing players, particularly qbs and rbs, I just hope that we don't have to do what we had to do several years ago and recruit a kid off the intramural field. LOL Man, I'm getting tired of our MASH unit of a football team beating each other up. Let's go ahead and get the season started so that we can at least smack someone else for a change!

Melhog

I still believe if Johnson is given the right coaching and put in the right situations he will do ok.  I may be wrong, but his confidence was shattered last year and if he can start on the right foot, he will be much better. When your coach calls a smoke draw on 3rd and 10, it doesn't do alot for your confidence. We'll see though.

sooie dog

Quote from: Melhog on August 11, 2006, 03:40:39 pm
I still believe if Johnson is given the right coaching and put in the right situations he will do ok.  I may be wrong, but his confidence was shattered last year and if he can start on the right foot, he will be much better. When your coach calls a smoke draw on 3rd and 10, it doesn't do alot for your confidence. We'll see though.

I agree and feel sorry for the guy.  I'd love to see him beat USC. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: sooie dog on August 11, 2006, 03:32:21 pm

RoJo has no confidence when he gets in a game so there is nothing to lose.  MM has tons of confidence from what we have seen so why risk him losing any at the hands of starting against USC's Defense.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

nwarazfan

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 11, 2006, 03:50:58 pm
Quote from: sooie dog on August 11, 2006, 03:32:21 pm

RoJo has no confidence when he gets in a game so there is nothing to lose.  MM has tons of confidence from what we have seen so why risk him losing any at the hands of starting against USC's Defense.

Its time our coaching staff instills some confidence in RJ.   Allow him freedom to make plays with his legs if he chooses.  Show trust in him.  Nutt was so scared of a mistake he had the kid scared to just let go and play.  That doesn't help when he is about to let go of a pass or he's thinking of running and hesitates.  Hope Gus and Alex can get him in a situation to relax and react instead of thinking and worrying about mistakes like the way Houston had him.

My prediction is if CD is hurt, RJ starts and Mitch plays.  It will not matter which one plays the most because our qb play will not determine how this game goes.  Our defense and backs will.  Get through this one healthy mentally and physically as possible at qb and then use the next two games to get ready for the meat of the schedule.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I don't mind the strategy of starting RoJo even if Mitch plays 90% of the game.  I think this one is more of a grinder than a shootout.  Let Mitch watch the first series or two from the sideline.  Get a good view of what USC's defense is doing, who to watch out for etc.  Coaches can also see how O line is handling the rush.  Which if any of USC's new guys can they exploit.  Then send Mitch in.  Also think about the crowd.  That second or third series when they send in Mitch the roar will be strong enough to knock the USC defense on their a$$es. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HoopS

I've wanted MM to start this game all along.  I fear Casey will need to RS this year.  It really does seem like many here believe it to be an impossibility that RoJo improves at all.  I get the whole practice player vs game player arguement and I have played with some guys like that.  I also see a kid who is finally being "coached up" and think that improvement is possible.  If Gus and Alex feel comfortable with him, then who in the heck am I to say these guys are wrong?  I trust their judgement.

razorback4ever

3rd series, Mitch comes in. If RJ is the starter, look for the ground hogs.

GWINGATE

fusbal11

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 11, 2006, 04:02:46 pm
I don't mind the strategy of starting RoJo even if Mitch plays 90% of the game.  I think this one is more of a grinder than a shootout.  Let Mitch watch the first series or two from the sideline.  Get a good view of what USC's defense is doing, who to watch out for etc.  Coaches can also see how O line is handling the rush.  Which if any of USC's new guys can they exploit.  Then send Mitch in.  Also think about the crowd.  That second or third series when they send in Mitch the roar will be strong enough to knock the USC defense on their a$$es. 

I agree.
Sound thinking!
Wooo Pig

BleedRazrBackRed

The never-ending "They are going to" and "They will say" gets rather repetitive Nate, just for future reference.

BleedRazrBackRed

Quote from: Fresh Legs on August 11, 2006, 03:43:57 pm
It doesn't matter what your coach calls when you think the bounce pass is legal in football.

LOL +1