Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC's first offensive play against Arkansas will be... - TROJAN BOARD!!!

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, August 11, 2006, 01:50:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

zspookhog

I talked with a USC grad (& 25 yr season ticket holder) yesterday in a China airport.

He said they were worried about all of the losses on offense from last year but more so about the negative publicity surrounding the team and its effect.  He also said the SC fans were worried about the improvements to our team they've been hearing about...the QB situation and our "new" offense in general.

HogHillbilly

Those guys are a little worried..................I don't care what they say...............And if they're not they are fools.............We'll see how many TRUE USC fans are out there if they don't do well this year.
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

SultanofSwine

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 11, 2006, 07:16:34 am
Those guys are a little worried..................I don't care what they say...............And if they're not they are fools.............We'll see how many TRUE USC fans are out there if they don't do well this year.

No doubt...  OK, everyone OFF of the bandwagon if it's a bad year.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 11, 2006, 09:41:30 am
Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 11, 2006, 07:16:34 am

No doubt...  OK, everyone OFF of the bandwagon if it's a bad year.
It happens a lot with teams that have that much success.  You have the fair-weather fans ALL jump on board (and even some pretenders).  They only stay around b/c it's the "in" thing to do.  I mean even ESPN says they're the best ever, right?

HogInaStrangeLand

With so many questions lingering on both teams this game can go just about any way.

Raw talent favors them heavily, but so does the projected RRS atmosphere.

There's a reason the line is not that big.

I mean for a team to win by 53 and then the next year have an initial line under 10 says something.

I think PC will want to come back after the lose to TX and all the negativity at SoCal by trying to slam the door shut as quick as possible...regardless of how young anyone on his team may be.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went kinda conservative on the first play and then for the jugular very shortly there after.

hogsNbeer

Man....That picture with Bush, Leinart, and Palmer..... 3 heisman trophies in about 4 years...... damn, that's stout...

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

hogsNbeer

touchdown....no wait that was last year, no-- it was the second play-- right?

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: hogsNbeer on August 11, 2006, 12:11:52 pm
Second play....

....of the first 4 drives.....
:(

hogsNbeer

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on August 11, 2006, 12:22:37 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on August 11, 2006, 12:11:52 pm
Second play....

....of the first 4 drives.....
:(

I'll never forget that.....4 tds in 8 plays.....using up about 1:30 off the clock........ Almost, as if, our defense was not even there...