Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Respect in the SEC...BCS.

Started by LZH, August 10, 2006, 09:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

If we were to win 9 or 10 games this year, do you think we'll be given serious consideration as an SEC contender and a maybe thought of as a BCS team next year (or even this year)?  Remember 15+ yrs ago in the SWC we were (I think) 10-0 going into Miami and only about #10 at the time (probably and evidently due to our schedule), we weren't considered a national player.  If we improve over the next year or so to a 10 win team, can we expect to receive the same treatment from the national media?  Didn't you all get tired of being considered a mid-level team in a major conference?  I mean, we were only about #9 when we were undefeated in '98 going into Tennessee (and actually moved up one when we lost?)  Will the national media finally get it if we can beat the likes of 'Bama, Auburn, LSU, (and God forbid, USC?).

OklaHogFan

If we were to win 9 or 10 games after playing the schedule we play this year and the talent we have returning next year we would be considered national contenders next year.  The team that comes to my mind is "West Virginia."  They have received alot of hype from a weak conference the last two years and some people in the media picked them to play in the national championship game last year during preseason.

What we have to do first though is show the country (media and all) that we can win those close matchups whether at home or away against a highly rated opponent.

This is something we have failed to do the last couple of years.

Now..Let's Go Get The Ball Rollin' And Beat Some Ranked Opponents!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOPIGGGGSOOOOIEEEE!!!!

VoR

All depends on how we do it, if we win 9 or 10 and just barely get by on the games we are suppose to win, and get our asses handed to us on a platter by USC, Aub., Tn., or LSU, then no we won't. if we win handily most of the games we are suppose to win, and play the above mentioned teams close, yes we will be considered at the very least a dark horse.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.