Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Short practice report

Started by 1BADHOG, August 10, 2006, 09:15:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1BADHOG

Big crowd.
Too many dropped balls by receivers but they are getting into position faster.
Defense still looks good - very quick
Offense good, but allowing pass protection to collapse too quickly.
Equal time for MM and RJ.  No Dick (at least that I saw)   yeah thats right....I said I saw no dick.
Skinner kicked on far field - by himself (not being watched) except by myself...his short was 33yds, long 48yds. 
MM threw two back-to-back touchdown passes near the end, both from 30yd line.
RJ threw touchdown to DW also (I think) from the 30.
Overall, they looked good and everyone is getting faster...they mostly practiced getting plays in, off the field. 

RhodeHog

I didn't see you there....where were you?

1BADHOG

Barnhill side of the field, under the camera operator.

Hollywood_HOGan

good report.

Maybe Mitch can get better and better every day and be able to make some big plays against SC.

The good thing is he's practicing against a pretty good defense.

Never know until those lights come on.

mossfan3

Was most of the 11 vs. 11 no huddle?

bigred7987

RhodeHog

Quote from: 1BADHOG on August 10, 2006, 09:17:59 pm
Barnhill side of the field, under the camera operator.

Ahhh...I was on the opposite side for the first part, then moved over where you were. 

What did you think about Dick.  He looked in serious pain, huh?

Frankiethepig

just got back myself 1badhog pretty much summed it up. I would like to add Ben Cleaveland will be tough to match up with in the red zone I think this kid will score some touchdowns this year.

1BADHOG

No huddle is a judgment call.  I say this because from my angle the QB's (after each play) were disappearing in the crowd behind them, then they would walk up, in no particular haste and snap the ball again.  They were getting plays from cards on the sideline, being flashed for the next play.

mossfan3

that's good to hear about Cleveland.  Is the TE lining up primarily by the tackles or are they splitting out most of the time?

gumby013

Quote from: 1BADHOG on August 10, 2006, 09:25:59 pm
No huddle is a judgment call.  I say this because from my angle the QB's (after each play) were disappearing in the crowd behind them, then they would walk up, in no particular haste and snap the ball again.  They were getting plays from cards on the sideline, being flashed for the next play.

There's a whole lot more going on than just the cards.

RhodeHog

Quote from: gumby013 on August 10, 2006, 09:28:01 pm
Quote from: 1BADHOG on August 10, 2006, 09:25:59 pm

There's a whole lot more going on than just the cards.

They also gave them water.

bamahogfan

Did I miss something on Chris Houston?  Why was he not dressed out. 

Frankiethepig

I think he was lined up in the slot when he got the last touchdown

Crappykat

I have some pictures from the upper deck, but have no idea how to put them up here.. help?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Crappykat on August 10, 2006, 09:34:30 pm
I have some pictures from the upper deck, but have no idea how to put them up here.. help?
click on the 'reply' button at the bottom of the page instead of using the 'quick reply'.  There you will see a place for attachments

Crappykat

tomorrow... I am going to bed.. can't think and I hate my camera

hogsmaster

Any more details from the 11 on 11 segment?