Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot School on fire

Started by proffitthog, August 10, 2006, 04:08:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

proffitthog

Cabot high school North is on fire. anyone with kids in the school might want to call and check up on them because some of the schools where giving out schedules today. Apparently its a major fire.

proffitthog

Attorneyhog

I hear that it is burning to the ground.

RazorHawg16

Anyone heard anything about this yet? Anyone injured?

proffitthog

they are saying the building is a total loss and one firefighter is injured not sure how serious.

doo-ran

I had stated in another thread that KATV reports that a firefighter is injured.

RazorHawg16

dang....how did this happen?

doo-ran

Quote from: DezPigNutts on August 10, 2006, 04:25:12 pm
they are saying the building is a total loss and one firefighter is injured not sure how serious.
When they showed the live footage. The east portion of it was on fire. A couple of ladder trucks were spraying water on the rest trying to contain it. The school is in the shape of a "T" with equal lengths to each wing. Smoke was coming out of the North and West wings.

proffitthog

they say it started in a library closet

doo-ran

seanj22

My son and I were just there around noon to pick up his schedule. The cafeteria was full of people doing the same. Thank God evryone made it out O.K.

proffitthog

My guess is that arson would be the cause. It's a shame jr high north was a pretty new school

razorbrock

HOLY COW!  I was there today at 12pm with my daughter picking up a schedule.  I hope no one was hurt.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

doo-ran

(Bump) KATV will be on in 5 minutes._

nwarazfan

Some little moron is probably not ready for school yet and has an affection for matches. 

proffitthog

Well they can throw them schedules away. A teacher was saying there was a bomb threat earlier but who No's. I just don't think a fire starts in a library closet by itself

RAZ FAN

Sorry to hear about this. Hope no one else is hurt, and the fireman is OK. Keep us updated.

nwarazfan

Quote from: DezPigNutts on August 10, 2006, 04:53:12 pm
Well they can throw them schedules away. A teacher was saying there was a bomb threat earlier but who No's. I just don't think a fire starts in a library closet by itself

Maybe its all part of Al Qaeda's plot.  HiM might need to institute his anal probing security plan with the faculty and parents.

pioneerhog

The firefighter very well could have been suffering from heat exahaustion. With the temps the way they are it is always a concern this time of year. You got to think about it, it is already 100+ degrees when the firefighters get the call then they put on their turn outs and a airpack, it is very easy to get to hot. I am not saying that is what happened to the firefighter but very possible.

pioneerhog

Quote from: dooran on August 10, 2006, 04:27:55 pm
Quote from: DezPigNutts on August 10, 2006, 04:25:12 pm
When they showed the live footage. The east portion of it was on fire. A couple of ladder trucks were spraying water on the rest trying to contain it. The school is in the shape of a "T" with equal lengths to each wing. Smoke was coming out of the North and West wings.
Hate to say this but with my experience in the fire service and from what they just showed on KARK, I would say they aren't gonna contain this one. It will pretty much destroy the entire building, what doesn't burn, if any doesn't burn, will have so much smoke and water damage that it will not be any good. The fire crews will still be on scene when the 10:00 news come on and possibly still be there when the morning news comes on. The way they are spraying water through the roof I would say there is no interior attack taking place and it is a lot hard to stop the fire from advancing from the outside.

gohogs

:o I live in Cabot! luckally it's not near me though, hope everyone's alright.

Wolfpride

As an administrator in Cabot, it started in the computer closet and went fom circuit to circuit.  Gym and fine and cafeteria is probably gone. 
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

Oklahawg

Thanks for the inside info. Sorry to have this hit...especially with classes right around the corner. Glad no students/teachers/admins were injured.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

noprayerfornutt

Hopefully, there was not anyone hurt. 

Wolfpride

No one was hurt.  Two firefighters had heat related injuries.  Not sure what we will do.  Our good supt. will assess tomorrow and see what happens.  We JUST built the high school and used portables for classes......we may get those back.  We just don't know....prayers please.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

RazorBrad

My best friend is a Cabot cop and he said that the computer room was the only room to survive. Yet he wasnt there so he is only going by what he was told.