Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Darren McFadden status?

Started by JOESC, August 10, 2006, 01:49:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JOESC

How is Darren McFadden's toe injury healing?

What's your opinion of the possibility of him playing on September 2nd?

I was looking forward to seeing him, in his RRS stadium...do his thing in our game.
-Respect The Opponent-

bigred7987

Rooka

Well since you were classy with the Paul Eells issue (and I thanks again for that), I will tell him.  To be honest we are not totally sure until the pin comes out. He is a tough kid and played with a broken hand in high school. IMO I believe he will get limited carries in the SC game, and will be full health by Conf. play.  :razorback:

austinhogfan

Your welcome here USC fan...McFadden most likely, and should, wont play.  No reason to rush back to hurt worse.  Youll see though our backup Jones is no slouch though!!!!

LordStanleysHog

for safety's sake, I hope he doesn't push himself back too soon... to have him healthy by Bama would be just fine with me, the backs we have in place will get the job done until he returns.

Landonhog

It would be nice to have him for the USC game, but most fans don't expect him to be back....  If he's not 100% it's just not worth it....  Plenty of games ahead!   (I'm still optimistic about USC, though)

HogHillbilly

He'll be back, ready to kick arse and take names !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

JOESC

August 10, 2006, 02:04:22 pm #7 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 02:06:18 pm by JOESC

Thanks for the update on Darren McFadden...
Concur...rushing back before an injury is fully healed can cause greater damage...I've seen that happen way to much with some of the Trojan players (and others) over the years.

I know Felix (?) Jones played in the game last year...what other backs will see playing time in our game?
Also your thoughts on their overall impact on the game.

-Respect The Opponent-

Wolfhound05

Quote from: JOESC on August 10, 2006, 02:04:22 pm

Thanks for the update on Darren McFadden...
Concur...rushing back before an injury is fully healed can cause greater damage...I've seen that happen way to much with some of the Trojan players (and others) over the years.

I know Felix (?) Jones played in the game last year...what other backs will see playing time in our game?
Also your thoughts on their overall impact on the game.

Well we thought Michael Smith was going to, but he got hurt in practice.  You'll most likely just see Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis.  Both of them are extremely good.  And I am still optimistic about McFadden being healthy for Sept. 2nd.  We are going to give you a run for your money I think.

LA HAWG

Actually the latest news is that McFadden will be back for USC and actually faster than before because of the toe injury. ;)

hogshank

HogHillbilly

Some of you guys are giving away all of our SECRET SQUIRREL SHITE................
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

hogsNbeer

JOESC, I'd be interested if any of the Trojan players have had any injuries that have hindered them any....?  Thanks...

darkhogfan

Yeah JoeSC is Dwayne Jarret gonna be cleared to play?
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

doo-ran

We can only hope he's back at nothing but 100 percent.

hogsmaster

McFadden will be ready.  There has been little to no news on him lately.  I take that as a good sign.  There hasn't been any report of an infection, which was a concern early.

HoggerNocker

Quote from: superhogfan on August 10, 2006, 02:50:14 pm
He was cleared earlier this week.

Corkscrew Johnson

felix jones--shifty and fast...would rather juke than run through you.  style comparable to cadillac williams.

michael smith--small and extremely quick.  style comparable to warrick dunn

petyon hillis--strong, aggressive, tough, powerful.   good straight ahead runner with surprising hands.  style comparable to...don't know.  maybe a larry johnson.  he really is a lot faster than your typical fullback, but has that smashmouth style you don't see in tailbacks. 

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: RazorHawg on August 10, 2006, 02:56:12 pm
He was cleared ealier this week.

Are you fricking serious?  We probably would have gotten the death penalty for that same bs.  Damn I wish we were one of the BS NCAA's golden kids.  See No Evil
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JOESC

August 10, 2006, 02:59:01 pm #20 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:10:34 pm by JOESC
First and foremost the Trojans have to stop the powerful Razorback run game to win.

This Trojan defense will be much improved "overall" from last years team...BUT...the defensive line may not bring the front "push" they had last year...

The plethora of strong, big, fast and eager to play Trojan Linebackers will have to stop the Razorback run...or it could be a long night...

The Trojan corners and safties, so far...are all healthy, bigger, faster and eager to play...with some young pups that will end up becoming amazing players. Taylor Mays sticks out in my mind after seeing him yesterday.
Last year's CB situation turned into a disaster early and continues throughout the season...with all the injuries that sidelined all the starters and many backups...
The CB and Saftey positions are looking great so far...however the Trojans must complete summer practice "without" any major injuries...something very hard to do over the past several years...

I was out to the first full scrimmage yesterday. Coach Carroll put on a show for a big donor group, and showed the faithful all the new "toys". A boat load of new guys got into the action as many as 20 true freshman... Simply amazing...I've never seen anything like it...
All I can say is it was like Christmas morning opening gifts...seeing, for my first time,  so many young pups play way above their age and experience this early in their careers at USC.

But it all comes down to how they play in a hostile game environment. As great as Mike Williams was as an AA freshman...when we went down to KState...the crowd noise rattled him and he dropped five easy passes, all of which would have been first downs...and changed the game.
The impressive (all everything) freshman punter Tom Malone was so shook up with the KState crowd noise, he kicked the ball over his head all night...
So we will see how it goes...
I'm not worried about the older guys...and there are enough of them to keep the team settled and focused...
Just going to be one amazing night and total experience in Fayetteville...
For sure a lot of future and not so far into the future "super stars" will be on display...

Trojans defense must stop the Razorback running game first and foremost.
-Respect The Opponent-

Pork Twain

August 10, 2006, 03:02:00 pm #21 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:08:45 pm by Superhog1975
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on August 10, 2006, 02:57:29 pm
Quote from: RazorHawg on August 10, 2006, 02:56:12 pm
He was cleared ealier this week.

Are you fricking serious?  We probably would have gotten the death penalty for that same bs.  Damn I wish we were one of the BS NCAA's golden kids.  See No Evil

USC has done things wrong (Bush's house) but they did nothing wrong with Jarret and the NCAA was right for once.  How can you punish the team because one of the players had a rich dad and the other player stayed with him in the apartment his dad was paying for.  You gonna punish ML because his dad could afford it in the first place?  If ML's dad was a booster and ML was a third string punter then you could have a case.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

cobb44585

Quote from: LA HAWG on August 10, 2006, 02:14:06 pm
Actually the latest news is that McFadden will be back for USC and actually faster than before because of the toe injury. ;)

La hawg....what are your resources for this?

Pork Twain

Quote from: cobb44585 on August 10, 2006, 03:02:14 pm

I heard the same thing from a friend with the UofA.  I heard he ran a sub 4.2 40 walked to the goal post and kicked it so hard it fell over.  He then turned to one of the DL and said, "You're next biatch"

cobb44585

LOL..doubt it..his pins havent came out yet.....

LA HAWG

McFadden's Doctor's Grandmother's cousin is in my aunt's, vet's, mother's Bridge club.  Good place to get the scoop.

darkhogfan

Quote from: JOESC on August 10, 2006, 02:59:01 pm

First and foremost the Trojans have to stop the powerful Razorback run game to win.

This Trojan defense will be much improved "overall" from last years team...BUT...the defensive line may not bring the front "push" they had last year...

The plethora of strong, big, fast and eager to play Trojan Linebackers will have to stop the Razorback run...or it could be a long night...

The Trojan corners so far...are all healthy, bigger, faster and eager to play...with some young pups that will end up becoming amazing players.
Last year’s CB situation turned into a disaster early and through the season...with all the injuries that sidelined all the starters and many backups...
The CB positions are looking great so far…however the Trojans must complete summer practice "without" any major injuries...something very hard to do over the past several years...

I was out to the first full scrimmage yesterday. Coach Carroll put on a show for a big donor group, and showed the faithful all the new “toys”. A boat load of new guys got into the action as many as 20 true freshman… Simply amazing…I’ve never seen anything like it...
All I can say is it was like Christmas morning opening gifts…seeing, for my first time,  so many young pups play way above their age and experience this early in their careers at USC.

But it all comes down to how they play in a hostile game environment. As great as Mike Williams was as an AA freshman...when we went down to KState…the crowd noise rattled him and he dropped five easy passes, all of which would have been first downs…and changed the game.
The impressive (all everything) freshman punter Tom Malone was so shook up with the KState crowd noise, he kicked the ball over his head all night…
So we will see how it goes…
I’m not worried about the older guys…and there are enough of them to keep the team settled and focused…
Just going to be one amazing night and total experience in Fayetteville…
For sure a lot of future and not so far into the future “super stars” will be on display…

I also think this will be a great game, as does everyone.  Thanks for respecting our run game.  I have heard that Pete Carroll thinks all he has to do to shut down the offense is stack 9 in the box and put bump and run on the WRs.  Is there any truth to this?
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

TuckFexas

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 10, 2006, 03:07:23 pm

I heard the same thing from a friend with the UofA.  I heard he ran a sub 4.2 3.2 40 walked to the goal post and kicked it so hard it fell over. Then he picked it up and punted it to the other end of the field just to prove his toe is healed. He then turned to one of the DL and said, "You're next biatch." The DL proceeded to shat himself at which point DMac's toe started laughing.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

PigPusher

&

I appreciate your feelings, but y'all have not seen the Hog team you will be meeting this time.  They carry much more than that (run game) now, but that is as strong as ever.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Pork Twain

Quote from: TuckFexas on August 10, 2006, 03:13:26 pm
Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 10, 2006, 03:07:23 pm

I heard the same thing from a friend with the UofA.  I heard he ran a sub 4.2 3.2 40 walked to the goal post and kicked it so hard it fell over. Then he picked it up and punted it to the other end of the field just to prove his toe is healed. He then turned to one of the DL and said, "You're next biatch." The DL proceeded to shat himself at which point DMac's toe started laughing.
Thanks for correcting that for me.  I left that out to keep the fear level down for those who will face us this year.

PigPusher

And we do have a new punter that can hang it in the air for 6 seconds at an altitude of 200 feet.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

JOESC

Superhogfan writes

"...I also think this will be a great game, as does everyone.  Thanks for respecting our run game.  I have heard that Pete Carroll thinks all he has to do to shut down the offense is stack 9 in the box and put bump and run on the WRs.  Is there any truth to this?..."

I don't know what Coach Carroll's schematic will be for stopping the Razorback run...or what he "thinks" But I know stopping the run or at least slowing it down is key to getting Trojan defense off the field and offense back on...

Coach Carroll is a master at defensive schematics, alignments, and blitz packages...they will use a modified 3-4 defense this year to take advantage of all the outstanding LB's there...

Going to be fun to watch Dallas Sartz and Brian Cushing both come up to the line and blitz at the same time...
Saw that in practice the other day and it totally blew up the play in the backfield...

We'll see... come game time how it all plays out...

Can't believe my friend and me will be flying out just three weeks from today...

-Respect The Opponent-

PigPusher

JoeSC....You know the thing I'm really having a hard time getting around with you guys is the incident with our school flag during the game.  There it was being thrown up through the crowd of SC fans, being alternately wadded up and thrown up towards the top of the stadium.  I have always been pretty much neutral with y'all, but that little stunt  with our flag was highly disrespectful.

Carroll pouring it on with the score took a close second to the point that y'all have one coming big time.  I pray that will happen this year in your first game..

fire_hog

Quote from: PigPusher on August 10, 2006, 05:21:30 pm
JoeSC....You know the thing I'm really having a hard time getting around with you guys is the incident with our school flag during the game.  There it was being thrown up through the crowd of SC fans, being alternately wadded up and thrown up towards the top of the stadium.  I have always been pretty much neutral with y'all, but that little stunt  with our flag was highly disrespectful.

Carroll pouring it on with the score took a close second to the point that y'all have one coming big time.  I pray that will happen this year in your first game..

Pouring it on with the score? You must not have watched the same game as I suffered through. It's not Pete's fault our defense couldn't stop their 2nd and 3rd teamers. Read the last quote in my sig. The Trojans could have hung a hundred on us that night, and that's not an exaggeration.

As for the flag, I'll bet you'd think it was fine if we embarrassed a team from a power conference and had a little fun in the process. It's all good, hopefully we'll get some measure of redemption Sept. 2nd, but don't make excuses just because SC more than out-classed us that horrible night.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

mbgrulz

Quote from: fire_hog on August 10, 2006, 06:16:22 pm

Pouring it on with the score? You must not have watched the same game as I suffered through. It's not Pete's fault our defense couldn't stop their 2nd and 3rd teamers. Read the last quote in my sig. The Trojans could have hung a hundred on us that night, and that's not an exaggeration.

As for the flag, I'll bet you'd think it was fine if we embarrassed a team from a power conference and had a little fun in the process. It's all good, hopefully we'll get some measure of redemption Sept. 2nd, but don't make excuses just because SC more than out-classed us that horrible night.
i agree. im pissed, but not pointing fingers. we sucked. we'll get our redemption on the field.

PigPusher

Never to the point of being disrespectful. Not ever.  That is very reason many of us carry an intense dislike for Texas.

PigPusher

leavenworth1

Let's not start the "you guys scored too much on us argument".  If a team can't stop a group of third teamers from scoring on them, it's just too bad.  .  I really hate the "running up the score" debate.  It takes away from the truth of what a game can reveal.  It certainly wont happen again on Sept. 2nd though. 

PigPusher

August 10, 2006, 06:35:47 pm #38 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:40:50 pm by PigPusher

What I am talking about is that in the third quarter when it was 49-10 guess who threw a pass for the next touchdown? You darn right it was Matt Leinhart and that was with 6:26 left in the third quarter. That my friend is pouring it on.  Give me a break!!!

HoopS

I'd be willing to bet that JOESC wasn't one of the ones disrespecting our flag.  I couldn't stand that that happened to our flag either PP.   We all have some bad fans.  I didn't like that dude that push Monk in the stands either.  Was that you, Joe?  :)

Fwiw, I felt like they could have hung a hundy on us.

PigPusher

Oh, I was not pointing a finger at him. It was mainly a "Stream of thought" as a point of conversation with him as that flag thing really chapped.  Of course I do not even know the guy, but was interested in his "neutral" viewpoint. Towit:

HoopS

LZH

JoeSC...Have you heard anything about USC's asst. coaches laughing at Nutt while going into the locker room?  That story had some long legs here a few months ago.

hoggin das

McFadden has been fitted with a revolutionary bionic toe that will significantly enhance his podiatric thrust. The UAMS doctor who developed it swears that we should see sub-4.2 40 times, once it is unveiled (a few days before the SC game).

In the event that there are any complications, we will introduce a true freshman walk-on, Rocky Wopner, who is 5-9, 275 and runs a 4.27 40.  He would have broken all of the State records in Arkansas, had the State High School Athletics Association not banned him from playing after the first game (1 linebacker was killed and another lost an arm).

Any other info you need Joe SC?  ;)

JOESC

PigPusher

The incident you saw and bring up here I did not see and I was in the Coliseum, all night.

What time did the incident occur?  Was it during the game or before or after the game?
How did "they" get the Arkansas flag? ...Was it in the hands of your cheer leaders?
Who took your flag to the "fans" in the stands...was it the Trojan cheer leaders? How was the flag retrieved, if it was?

I really can not adequately comment on the incident since I did not see it, or hear of it until my visiting over here on this board...
However in all my years of attending SC football games in the Coliseum and countless college campus stadiums around the country...I can assure I've seen many "pranks" or down right disrespectful or disrupting behavior by "fans" or indeed, cheer leaders or band members...
While I enjoy a good prank, clever banners, card stunts, and the overall "color" and pride involved by every school in college football..., I do not condone disrespect or disrupting act towards an opponent...especially in host stadiums.

As far as "running up the score" that is often used when scores gets lopsided...
Matt Leinart, Reggie and Len Dale were out of the game for the entire forth quarter.
In fact all of the 1st team was on the bench...I read the next day Coach Carroll played every single player suited up that was available... (Redshirt players of course did not get in). Even the QB that scored the last TD was a walk on scout team player...They did that as a reward for him after years of his tireless work on scout team. It was his first TD ever.
Even your Coach Nutt understood the particular circumstances...

PigPusher...more often what happens when games get lopsided is...the losing team gets demoralized and doesn't play as hard...then on the other side with the winning team...the back ups come in, are fresh and want to play "lights out" to get the coaches attention in the film room to get more playing time...

Believe me I've been on the other side of some painful lop sided losses with my Trojan too...

Hope to meet you at the Hogville.net tailgate.

This will be a much closer game...and a spectacular evening and atmosphere...

-Respect The Opponent-

JOESC

August 10, 2006, 08:00:15 pm #45 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:02:17 pm by JOESC
hoggin das writes:

"...McFadden has been fitted with a revolutionary bionic toe that will significantly enhance his podiatric thrust. The UAMS doctor who developed it swears that we should see sub-4.2 40 times, once it is unveiled (a few days before the SC game).

In the event that there are any complications, we will introduce a true freshman walk-on, Rocky Wopner, who is 5-9, 275 and runs a 4.27 40.  He would have broken all of the State records in Arkansas, had the State High School Athletics Association not banned him from playing after the first game (1 linebacker was killed and another lost an arm).

Any other info you need Joe SC?..." 

Yeah...enough with the hilarious scenarios...
This one has me LMAO...
I can just picture this unfolding in RRS stadium with all the dripping Hollywood special effects and drama to go with it all...

Yikes...hoggin das...stop it...
-Respect The Opponent-

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: JOESC on August 10, 2006, 07:43:35 pm
PigPusher

The incident you saw and bring up here I did not see and I was in the Coliseum, all night.

What time did the incident occur?  Was it during the game or before or after the game?
How did “they” get the Arkansas flag? …Was it in the hands of your cheer leaders?
Who took your flag to the “fans” in the stands…was it the Trojan cheer leaders? How was the flag retrieved, if it was?

I really can not adequately comment on the incident since I did not see it, or hear of it until my visiting over here on this board…
However in all my years of attending SC football games in the Coliseum and countless college campus stadiums around the country…I can assure I’ve seen many “pranks” or down right disrespectful or disrupting behavior by “fans” or indeed, cheer leaders or band members…
While I enjoy a good prank, clever banners, card stunts, and the overall “color” and pride involved by every school in college football…, I do not condone disrespect or disrupting act towards an opponent…especially in host stadiums.

As far as “running up the score” that is often used when scores gets lopsided…
Matt Leinart, Reggie and Len Dale were out of the game for the entire forth quarter.
In fact all of the 1st team was on the bench…I read the next day Coach Carroll played every single player suited up that was available… (Redshirt players of course did not get in). Even the QB that scored the last TD was a walk on scout team player…They did that as a reward for him after years of his tireless work on scout team. It was his first TD ever.
Even your Coach Nutt understood the particular circumstances…

PigPusher…more often what happens when games get lopsided is…the losing team gets demoralized and doesn’t play as hard…then on the other side with the winning team…the back ups come in, are fresh and want to play “lights out” to get the coaches attention in the film room to get more playing time…

Believe me I’ve been on the other side of some painful lop sided losses with my Trojan too…

Hope to meet you at the Hogville.net tailgate.

This will be a much closer game…and a spectacular evening and atmosphere…

I may be blinded by the niceness, but this guy is one classy guy for a foe in early September.
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

JOESC

August 10, 2006, 08:16:50 pm #47 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:21:58 pm by JOESC
LedZepHog writes:

"...JoeSC...Have you heard anything about USC's asst. coaches laughing at Nutt while going into the locker room?  That story had some long legs here a few months ago..."

First read about it over here a few months back and gave my reply then.

Just a short recap:

Coach Carroll would not condone his assistants "laughing at any coaches" let alone a head coach...

Coach Carroll coaches his coaches to be as fired up as he coaches his players to be...
He teaches them to "celebrate together" when things go as practiced...
That particular evening and game could have not gone better for every one of the Trojan coaches...
The fierce pain of that score could have made many Razorback faithful, especially the ones in attendance, raw nerved to any behavior by the USC coaches or fans...

I assure you Coach Carroll coaches were celebrating between themselves after an amazing outpouring of points scored by the team they coach... It was a record for this coaching staff.

LedZepHog...you have to know that game was over in the first eight Trojan offensive plays in eight minutes...I've never seen anything like it...and I'm sure I will never witness it again...
This year's game in RRS Stadium will be much...much closer.

-Respect The Opponent-

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hogshank on August 10, 2006, 02:14:48 pm
Quote from: austinhogfan on August 10, 2006, 01:52:44 pm
McFadden most likely, and should, wont play. 

Hables Engles?
Quote from: PigPusher on August 10, 2006, 06:20:44 pm

Never to the point of being disrespectful. Not ever.  That is very reason many of us carry an intense dislike for Texas.

So what about that sign our HEAD COACH did to a certain Texas team's fans....was that disrespectful?  Childish?  Should an HC do that???
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: JOESC on August 10, 2006, 08:16:50 pm
LedZepHog writes:

"...JoeSC...Have you heard anything about USC's asst. coaches laughing at Nutt while going into the locker room?  That story had some long legs here a few months ago..."

First read about it over here a few months back and gave my reply then.

Just a short recap:

Coach Carroll would not condone his assistants "laughing at any coaches" let alone a head coach...

Coach Carroll coaches his coaches to be as fired up as he coaches his players to be...
He teaches them to "celebrate together" when things go as practiced...
That particular evening and game could have not gone better for every one of the Trojan coaches...
The fierce pain of that score could have made many Razorback faithful, especially the ones in attendance, a raw nerved to any behavior by the USC coaches or fans...

I assure you Coach Carroll coaches were celebrating between themselves after an amazing outpouring of points scored by the team they coach... It was a record for this coaching staff.

You have to know that game was over in the first eight minutes...I've never seen anything like it...and I'm sure I will never witness it again...
This year's game in RRS Stadium will be much...much closer.

Sorry, JOESC, we aren't used to classy head coaches around here, with what we have had to put up with the last few years.  Some of our fans are a little paranoid and insecure, not to mention our Head Coach (thus the "they were laughing at me BULLCRAP).  Hopefully soon we will get one as competent and classy as yours.

Looking forward to a great game!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07