Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs reading the board....

Started by SPAL, August 10, 2006, 06:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

I have talked to round about 6 or 7 Football players in the past 2 weeks who say they and many others read this board daily. I was told coaches discourage readin the boards, but there isnt a rule forbidding it.  SOme upperclassmen, but mainly freshman read here I was told. The thing that sticks out the most to all i talked to was how nutt is talked about so much. A few went so far as to say that they couldnt comprehend how wishy washy some fans are, but realized this was everywhere. 2 said that people need to back off of coach nutt because he is building it up right in arkansas. Most said this is the only board they frequent. "There is some funny Shiite there", and "them guys keepin it on the level." Also, "They some crazy a**es on the ARK boards." Those were some of the best quotes i got from them. They all really liked the fact that we go to great lengths to give reports on practice and that they could sense why Arkansas was so special. All said they were glad they chose arkansas because of the family like atomosphere it provides.

Just some thoughts from players who do read this board. Maybe we should all think about who might read this before we are so quick to blast players and coaches. Im talkin to myself if nobody else. Thought you guys might like to hear what is said from their POV.

Atreyu

I hope they give me a shout out for not bashing any of them :D

I'm kidding.

Or am I?
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

RazorRaider

I don't see anyone being unhappy with Nutt as being a wishy washy fan. I have been a Razorback fan all of my life. I used to believe in Nutt but after the way he botched up things in the 03 season I soon realized that he is in way over his head. IF those few players see that as wishy washy that is their right for it is their opinion. But I will have to disagree with them. I am first and foremost a Razorback fan. But I am not a Houston Nutt fan.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

SPAL

Quote from: RazorRaider on August 10, 2006, 06:21:15 am
I don't see anyone being unhappy with Nutt as being a wishy washy fan. I have been a Razorback fan all of my life. I used to believe in Nutt but after the way he botched up things in the 03 season I soon realized that he is in way over his head. IF those few players see that as wishy washy that is their right for it is their opinion. But I will have to disagree with them. I am first and foremost a Razorback fan. But I am not a Houston Nutt fan.

you have to keep in mind though, that these kids are 18 and 19 years old, many of whom havent grown up here, have really no idea of who the hogs are.  They see things differently than you and I would.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 10, 2006, 06:25:38 am

you have to keep in mind though, that these kids are 18 and 19 years old, many of whom havent grown up here, have really no idea of who the hogs are.  They see things differently than you and I would.

Exactly. And what they see is not accurate...rather, it is a very skewed and narrow view as an inexperienced 18 or 19 year old kid. They were 11 when Nutt became head coach and probably did not know who Nutt was at the time if they are from out of state. Most of them have not followed the Hogs and the Nuttster nearly as closely as many of us have over the past 8 years. They know virtually nothing. And regardless of what they think or say about Nutt, proof is in the pudding and the pudding is that Nutt is 31-33 in the SEC over his career at U of A. That means we are an Ole Miss or Miss St or South Carolina.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

RazorRaider

That is true. I am 36, I can remember growing up with memories of Razorback teams that were respected nationally. That is why it bothers me to hear people say things like "Well houston lead us to 6 bowl games so don't bash him. " Thirty years ago you would not have heard statements like that. Heck 20 years ago you would not have heard statements like that. The fan base back then had higher expectations than they do now. Kind of sad actually
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: RazorRaider on August 10, 2006, 06:34:40 am
That is true. I am 36, I can remember growing up with memories of Razorback teams that were respected nationally. That is why it bothers me to hear people say things like "Well houston lead us to 6 bowl games so don't bash him. " Thirty years ago you would not have heard statements like that. Heck 20 years ago you would not have heard statements like that. The fan base back then had higher expectations than they do now. Kind of sad actually

You are 36, and you remember the sixties? I'm 35 and I NEVER remember the Hogs getting much respect nationally.

Landonhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 10, 2006, 06:33:49 am

Exactly. And what they see is not accurate...rather, it is a very skewed and narrow view as an inexperienced 18 or 19 year old kid. They were 11 when Nutt became head coach and probably did not know who Nutt was at the time if they are from out of state. Most of them have not followed the Hogs and the Nuttster nearly as closely as many of us have over the past 8 years. They know virtually nothing. And regardless of what they think or say about Nutt, proof is in the pudding and the pudding is that Nutt is 31-33 in the SEC over his career at U of A. That means we are an Ole Miss or Miss St or South Carolina.

The bad part is that the same (bold) can be said about a large majority of the hardcore Nutt haters....  I just don't want the players to get the wrong idea about the alumni base...   Not that all the alumni like Nutt (we know that)...

whitemeat

I loved nutt at first, then I was regretting that I drank the kool aid.  Now, I'm ok with him, because he is in the position he was made for.  you know, the CEO type of position.  He can rah rah his heart out now and let the true offensive masterminds run the show.  He's kind of like the Queen of England, give him the position but not the power.  Gus is the prime minister.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

HogHeathen

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on August 10, 2006, 07:21:36 am

You are 36, and you remember the sixties? I'm 35 and I NEVER remember the Hogs getting much respect nationally.

I agree with you Conway...We seem to be the "national underdog" or the standard for "almost good enough" every year....frustrating!

SultanofSwine

To an extent I agree with HiM, these guys don't have the historical knowledge of all things Razorback to reference. That isn't a knock on them rather the reality of thier youth. Glad the underclassmen are dropping in though and getting a taste of what Hog fans are like but I hope they also keep in mind this site is not about trying to form or mold thier impression of any particular player or coach. Hogville is here for the fans to cuss and discuss all things Razorback and to share information(when it is credible is preferred ;D), the stadium is where they will come to know how we support our HOGS.

SPAL

Quote from: HogHeathen on August 10, 2006, 07:56:18 am

I agree with you Conway...We seem to be the "national underdog" or the standard for "almost good enough" every year....frustrating!

The Anna Kournikova (SP) of College Football....we are beautiful but we sure dont win much.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Landonhog on August 10, 2006, 07:37:09 am

The bad part is that the same (bold) can be said about a large majority of the hardcore Nutt haters....  I just don't want the players to get the wrong idea about the alumni base...   Not that all the alumni like Nutt (we know that)...

That's not correct. And there is no group of "hardcore Nutt haters". Nice phrasing to suit your extremism.  I don't hate Nutt and if anyone does hate him, they need to seek help. He's a mediocre coach as proven by his record over a long term - 8 seasons. I would like to see the Razorbacks compete on a higher level than they do now. Losing 95% of the games they should and occasionally losing to a KY and a Vandy is not the level of success I had in mind when Nutt signed on.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

wacohog

Bingo

hogsNbeer

August 10, 2006, 08:57:58 am #14 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:10:52 am by hogsNbeer

The bad part is that the same (bold) can be said about a large majority of the hardcore Nutt haters....  I just don't want the players to get the wrong idea about the alumni base...   Not that all the alumni like Nutt (we know that)...

Well, they'll see that most fans care enough about the program to want something better than the load of total a$$ crap we are getting from NUTT.... I hope they see that part... Like I've said before....Any bashing of NUTT, is deserved for tanking our program during his tenure.......

OKhogfan1959

I am 46 and I remember a different time..We had respect on a national level and it's attainable again! I hope we start getting it back on the night we play USC??

casken

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 10, 2006, 08:35:44 am

That's not correct. And there is no group of "hardcore Nutt haters". Nice phrasing to suit your extremism.  I don't hate Nutt and if anyone does hate him, they need to seek help. He's a mediocre coach as proven by his record over a long term - 8 seasons. I would like to see the Razorbacks compete on a higher level than they do now. Losing 95% of the games they should and occasionally losing to a KY and a Vandy is not the level of success I had in mind when Nutt signed on.

HIM...you gotta be kidding there brotha.  I am on the fence about HDN myself.  I have no crusade to win...but if you claim there is not a group of Nutt haters, you have your head in the sand.  I am not arguing for it being correct or not.  But it is blatantly obvious. It doesn't matter how it is phrased.

Anyhow, WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

JIHawg

This pretty much expresses my sentiments on Nutt.  I was a very patient fan until the 03 season.  We had 8 future NFL players on that team, and they lost 4 straight they should have won.

beatnikluv

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 10, 2006, 09:06:20 am

I turn 42 in 15 hrs and I remember the 70's when we were members of a very strong SWC and the Nation thought of us as a top program. Same thing in the early 80's.

I'm only 29, but *I* remember the days that Arkansas was still thought of as a very strong and nationally respected team.  I love the Razorbacks.  I was born and bred Razorback Red, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything nor everyone on the Hill.  Kind of like the government. I'm an American and I love America, but I don't agree with everything about it.

WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback:

casken

August 10, 2006, 09:37:18 am #19 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:40:20 am by casken
Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on August 10, 2006, 09:10:50 am
I am 46 and I remember a different time..We had respect on a national level and it's attainable again! I hope we start getting it back on the night we play USC??

Same age here...I remember well when we were highly respected...in football and basketball.  Hopefully, it is just around the bend again.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Jaison Black

I turn 42 in 15 hrs and I remember the 70's when we were members of a very strong SWC and the Nation thought of us as a top program. Same thing in the early 80's.

Happy almost birthday to you.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

RazorRaider

No I don't remember the 60's but in the 70's we were much more respected in the world of football than we have been in 20 years.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

BILLYBOB

I think you are delusional.  I'm 42, a life long Hog fan, and I grew up a military brat, living all over the world.  In my lifetime, at least since the 1970's, the Hogs have not been on anyone's national radar.  Maybe within the state, the fans throught Arkansas was getting a lot of national hype, but outside the state, I think we've always had a national reputation similar to a Wisconsin or a West Virginia...we're average for most years, then we'll have the occasional year where everything comes to together and we win 9  or 10...or maybe we make the news by knocking off a school with a true national presence (like Texas in '03 or Oklahoma in '78)

We've never been a Nebraska in the late eighties and early ninties.  We've never been an Alabama in the seventies and early eighties. We've never been, at least in the last 30 years, a Miami or an Ohio State or even a Notre Dame.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

hogrocker

I'm 35, and I remember us getting creamed by Miami in the 80s, beaten repeatedly by SMU in the 90s, and, Tennessee and Texas aside, not winning the big ones.  I don't hate Nutt.  I'd call him a six out of ten.  That's not good enough, and if we don't get some serious improvement this year, there should be immediate change.

tbhogfan

Quote from: BILLYBOB on August 10, 2006, 10:03:32 am

I think you are delusional.  I'm 42, a life long Hog fan, and I grew up a military brat, living all over the world.  In my lifetime, at least since the 1970's, the Hogs have not been on anyone's national radar.  Maybe within the state, the fans throught Arkansas was getting a lot of national hype, but outside the state, I think we've always had a national reputation similar to a Wisconsin or a West Virginia...we're average for most years, then we'll have the occasional year where everything comes to together and we win 9  or 10...or maybe we make the news by knocking off a school with a true national presence (like Texas in '03 or Oklahoma in '78)

We've never been a Nebraska in the late eighties and early ninties.  We've never been an Alabama in the seventies and early eighties. We've never been, at least in the last 30 years, a Miami or an Ohio State or even a Notre Dame.

True about the upper eschelon, but in the 60's, 70's, and 80's, the Hogs were consistently in the Top 20, often in Bowls (when there weren't 200 Bowls), sometimes in New Year's Day Bowls (when that meant something). 

Go Hogs!

bigred7987

I know alot of the freshman read this board....Heck one certain fresh OL posted a quote from here on his facebook

mikeirwin

August 10, 2006, 10:35:22 am #26 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:37:14 am by mikeirwin
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 10, 2006, 06:11:40 am
Just some thoughts from players who do read this board. Maybe we should all think about who might read this before we are so quick to blast players and coaches. Im talkin to myself if nobody else. Thought you guys might like to hear what is said from their POV.
If players want to read this board that's fine. However this board is for fans. Hogville encourages those fans to post their opinions. Those opinions should not be toned down
simply because a player or coach might not like what they read. If they don't like it they can stop reading.
We have common sense rules here to prevent over the top bashing of players and coaches.
This board is carefully monitored by its mods and administrators.
We've got some here who like HDN and some who don't. That's not gonna change.

Landonhog

August 10, 2006, 11:21:25 am #27 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:23:41 am by Landonhog

you have to keep in mind though, that these kids are 18 and 19 years old, many of whom haven't grown up here, have really no idea of who the hogs are.  They see things differently than you and I would.

Maybe "haters" was a strong word....  I should have just said "more vocal" antagonists....  If I was a kid who just made a decision to spend my four and ONLY FOUR years of eligibility somewhere, I would hate to read endless posts with bashing my coach for something he's done in the past...  JMO...  They've committed to making this team better from this year forward...  They don't care what Nutt was doing in 99...  If they wanted to worry about that, they should have investigated during their recruitment.  They've signed up for the program in it's CURRENT STATE, now let's give them and the new coaches the opportunity to succeed before they're condemned.

My main point is that there has never been a better time to sit back and watch what happens....  If we're successful, you can join in everyone's happiness...  If we tank, you'll have plenty of time for all the "I told you so" campaigns.  :razorback:

Edit:  I do agree with Mike... They shouldn't be reading this in the first place, but it would be awful tempting.

Hawgballz

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 10, 2006, 10:35:22 am
If players want to read this board that's fine. However this board is for fans. Hogville encourages those fans to post their opinions. Those opinions should not be toned down
simply because a player or coach might not like what they read. If they don't like it they can stop reading.
We have common sense rules here to prevent over the top bashing of players and coaches.This board is carefully monitored by its mods and administrators.

I personally consider any bashing of players to be over the top, so I am confused as to where the line is drawn.  These kids are not pro athletes, they are 18-21 year old kids who do get hammered from time to time by the knee jerk reaction of fans on this board.  Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think that is fair.  I freely admit that I sometimes complain about a player to a family member or close friend, but to go and post any bashing of a player on a public site is over the top to me.  JMHO.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HOGLUVIN

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: Landonhog on August 10, 2006, 11:21:25 am

you have to keep in mind though, that these kids are 18 and 19 years old, many of whom haven't grown up here, have really no idea of who the hogs are.  They see things differently than you and I would.

Maybe "haters" was a strong word....  I should have just said "more vocal" antagonists....  If I was a kid who just made a decision to spend my four and ONLY FOUR years of eligibility somewhere, I would hate to read endless posts with bashing my coach for something he's done in the past...  JMO...  They've committed to making this team better from this year forward...  They don't care what Nutt was doing in 99...  If they wanted to worry about that, they should have investigated during their recruitment.  They've signed up for the program in it's CURRENT STATE, now let's give them and the new coaches the opportunity to succeed before they're condemned.

My main point is that there has never been a better time to sit back and watch what happens....  If we're successful, you can join in everyone happiness...  If we tank, you'll have plenty of time for all the "I told you so" campaigns.  :razorback:

Edit:  I do agree with Mike... They shouldn't be reading this in the first place, but it would be awful tempting.

Unless these kids went to Texas or USC they are going to find fans unhappy with the current coaches.
Posters on this message board probably aren't to different from those of the other 118 D-1 teams.
They all have opinions and they all want there teams to be NC!
I am sure most of the players that read these boards understand that not everyone is going to be happy all the time!

I love the HOGS and I bleed cardinal red, but that doesn't mean I was happy when they stopped Nutt from leaving for Nebraska.

With that being said I'm glad these players are here, and will support them if they go 0-12 for the next four years, remember they CHOSE to come here and be HOGS.
:razorback:
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 10, 2006, 11:26:28 am
We have common sense rules here to prevent over the top bashing of players and coaches.This board is carefully monitored by its mods and administrators.

I personally consider any bashing of players to be over the top, so I am confused as to where the line is drawn.  These kids are not pro athletes, they are 18-21 year old kids who do get hammered from time to time by the knee jerk reaction of fans on this board.  Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think that is fair.  I freely admit that I sometimes complain about a player to a family member or close friend, but to go and post any bashing of a player on a public site is over the top to me.  JMHO.
When you say "I", we know you mean you so no need to add the word "personally" immediately after "I".

As for bashing players, your comment seems to come out of nowhere as no one here criticizes players.

HOGLUVIN

Depends on your interpretation of the word "I" . lol.

Hawgballz

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 10, 2006, 11:39:15 am

When you say "I", we know you mean you so no need to add the word "personally" immediately after "I".

As for bashing players, your comment seems to come out of nowhere as no one here criticizes players.

Put the bong down, take the IV out and go read some recent DMAC threads or better yet the Dontrell Jefferson, Eric Freguson & Jonathan Modica threads from the BB season or Robert Johnson threads from FB season or even Danny Hamlin & Brian Walker threads from Baseball season.  You never cease to amaze me HIM with your close minded view of the world.

SultanofSwine

HiM, you define bashing as directly attacking a player in a personal manner while other consider bashing any thing posted that has a negative connotation whether it is directly related to performance or otherwise. Sort of like the thread the other day where you mentioned a poster was ignorant meaning uninformed. That particular poster took the post in the manner it was intended but I would venture to say most would not have.

Personal attacks on players aren't tolerated here as they shouldn't be but that doesn't mean we can't or won't discuss a poor performance by any player.

pikehog

Isn't being able to blast people the whole point of these things?

Hawgballz

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on August 10, 2006, 11:42:57 am
Depends on your interpretation of the word "I" . lol.

A little Clinton throwback.  +1

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 10, 2006, 11:47:26 am
Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 10, 2006, 11:39:15 am

Put the bong down, take the IV out and go read some recent DMAC threads or better yet the Dontrell Jefferson, Eric Freguson & Jonathan Modica threads from the BB season or Robert Johnson threads from FB season or even Danny Hamlin & Brian Walker threads from Baseball season.  You never cease to amaze me HIM with your close minded view of the world.

DMac deserved to get bashed for that, a judgement error outside of football that affected the Razorbacks.

I couldn't care less about basketball so I am not concerned with those players.

If you play the game, you will be critiqued. Bashing is a much higher degree than critiquing. You don't seem to understand the difference.

silvertip

Good point, Sir Pigs. Especially the freshmen, really are not too aware of what's been going on the last 8 years.

It's natural & good for athletes to have a close bond with their coaches. For any of you Hawg FB players that might read this, I will just say this:

If you really like Coach Nutt, and I think you should, then get out there & play your butts off for him this year. Another losing season and he is gone. For you veterans---get on board with Gus Malzahn and his offensive system. It is only the hiring of Gus, and the hope for a truly balanced offense, that has given HDN one more chance. Without Gus & Mitch on board, HDN would already be gone.

Now, there's nothing wishy-washy about that. These players were indeed "so-close" last year. Now, with more experience, talent & a decent offense, you guys have a chance to be SEC Champs & BCS-Bowl bound. As a Hawg fan for over 45 years, I know what I'm talking about.

WOOOOOOO PIGGG!! SOOOIEEE!! & Amen!!

silvertip

August 10, 2006, 12:06:37 pm #39 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:35:31 pm by silvertip

Good points RR. That "6 straight bowl games" crap that huggers keep chanting like robots---that dog won't hunt for those of us old enough to know better.

HALF the D-1 schools these days get a bowl game. Many many many MEDIOCRE teams go to bowl games. The bowl game invite has been "dumbed down" the last 10-20 years. This year, any team that finishes 6-6 will have a shot at the kind of bowls HDN has been leading us to.

Back in the days of Browles & Hatfield, we had teams that got no bowl invites after winning 8,9, even 10 games. Look it up at arsnonline.

The "6 straight bowl game" line is meant to garner support among the ignorant. Those of us who really follow NCAA football are sick of hearing it.

DriveByHogger

The Hogs were a perennial top 20 team all the way through the 80's.
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

Pork Twain

August 10, 2006, 12:19:11 pm #41 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:22:41 pm by Superhog1975
Quote from: beatnikluv on August 10, 2006, 09:16:10 am

I'm only 29, but *I* remember the days that Arkansas was still thought of as a very strong and nationally respected team.  I love the Razorbacks.  I was born and bred Razorback Red, but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everything nor everyone on the Hill.  Kind of like the government. I'm an American and I love America, but I don't agree with everything about it.

I am 30 and Arakansas hasn't been a strong, nationally respected team that I can remember.  I have read about those teams and I live for the days that they might return.

Have the hogs EVER been a perennial top 20 team?  I don't remember it.  Remember I was 5 in 1980.  I know they had some good years but how often did they finish in the top 25?  Anyone have a link that shows that for us kids?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

beatnikluv

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 10, 2006, 12:19:11 pm

I am 30 and Arakansas hasn't been a strong, nationally respected team that I can remember.  I have read about those teams and I live for the days that they might return.

I think alot of it might have to do with the environment.  I was raised that your priorities in life are:
1.  God
2.  Razorback Football
3.  Everything else
;D

Buck Ocean

QuotePut the bong down,

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think like a Jedi

Pork Twain

Quote from: beatnikluv on August 10, 2006, 12:21:05 pm

I think alot of it might have to do with the environment.  I was raised that your priorities in life are:
1.  God
2.  Razorback Football
3.  Everything else
;D
Sorry I was raised by an alcoholic dad and my priorities where staying outside, playing and staying out of his way.  Razorbacks came a little later for me.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: DriveByHogger on August 10, 2006, 12:15:08 pm

The Hogs were a perennial top 20 team all the way through the 80's.

I'm not real sure what teams you guys are thinking about that were nationally recognized as being "great".
In 1977 we were 3rd in the AP poll and in 79 we were 8th. Other than that there are no other top ten teams. In the 70's we won 2 bowl games( 1tie), in the 80's
we won 3, and in the 90's we 0. After 1999 we have won a total of 2 Bowl games.
Is this the record of a team that is respected?
Come on now. We have some work to do to climb out of this hole. During my life I've experienced a whole bunch of might have beens and almosts. I'm ready to get this program back on track.

Pork Twain

August 10, 2006, 12:34:35 pm #46 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:36:23 pm by Superhog1975
Found it and wow.  I wish I would have been born 15 years earlier.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/arkansas/in_the_polls.php
Yr             AP         Coaches
1936   18   
1937   14   
1946   16   
1954   10   8
1959   9   9
1960   7   7
1961   9   8
1962   6   6
1964   2   2
1965   3   2
1966      13
1968   6   9
1969   7   3
1970   11   12
1971   16   20
1975   7   6
1977   3   3
1978   11   10
1979   8   9
1981      16
1982   9   8
1985   12   12
1986   15   16
1988   12   13
1989   13   13
1998   16   17

beatnikluv

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 10, 2006, 12:25:40 pm

1.  God
2.  Razorback Football
3.  Everything else
;D
Sorry I was raised by an alcoholic dad and my priorities where staying outside, playing and staying out of his way.  Razorbacks came a little later for me.

Sorry, Superhog :(

Pork Twain

Quote from: beatnikluv on August 10, 2006, 12:35:17 pm
Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 10, 2006, 12:25:40 pm

1.  God
2.  Razorback Football
3.  Everything else
;D

Sorry, Superhog :(
I'm sorry I missed those Hog's teams.

nwarazfan

Have the hogs EVER been a perennial top 20 team?  I don't remember it.  Remember I was 5 in 1980.  I know they had some good years but how often did they finish in the top 25?  Anyone have a link that shows that for us kids?

Yes, through the 80s you usually knew the Hogs would be ranked preseason and the first polls were anticipated to find out where we were ranked.  We did have some national respect that decade.  Our big downfall though was that we struggled so bad to win bowls.  With the exception of a couple - OU Orange and UCLA Cotton - we were competitive in them but mostly came up short which hurt our final rankings.