Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tight End?????????????

Started by Hogwild07, August 09, 2006, 10:06:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild07

How are they looking in practice?  In Malzahn's system, the TE plays a very important role and is more of a receiver.  Wes Murphy, our starting TE, does not fit that role very well.  He's probably our best pass blocking TE but from what I've seen, his hands are made of stone.  How is Ben Cleveland doing?  I haven't heard a single word about him.  I expected him to have an impact.

Hugehogsfan

If you check the practice reports they are saying that Ben is doing great at catching, but having problems blocking well. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogwild07 on August 09, 2006, 10:06:33 pm
How are they looking in practice?  In Malzahn's system, the TE plays a very important role and is more of a receiver.  Wes Murphy, our starting TE, does not fit that role very well.  He's probably our best pass blocking TE but from what I've seen, his hands are made of stone.  How is Ben Cleveland doing?  I haven't heard a single word about him.  I expected him to have an impact.

Ben Cleveland is the best TE/WR but needs added weight....Wes Murphy has indeed improved if the season started tommorrow he would be our starter at that position.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SPAL

See what im not gettin is why hasnt Winston emerged. This kid was a must have coming out of high school. We stole him away from florida if im not mistaken. I woudl have figured he woudl thrive in this system, but he just isnt doin anything to break away. The job, as i have said before, is Bens to lose if we use the TE to catch the ball, but if he is just gonna be a glorified tackle, he isnt big enough. It will be Wes or mason takin the job. Ben will be a wespon for years to come though. He has very good hands. reminds me of a smaller Jason whitten.

geoffhog

When I saw practice on Monday, The TE's looked pretty poor. A LOT of dropped balls. Apparently Cleveland has been looking better since then.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

pseudorabies

We need Pinalto to change his mind in a bad way.  With the exception of Ben, Gus can not do the things he wants to do with the current TE pool we have now.

JIHawg

August 09, 2006, 11:20:11 pm #6 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:23:10 pm by JIHawg
What about Hillis at that position?  Gees-how many wasted scholarships could this wind up being?

MenaHawg27

GO HOGS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Hugehogsfan

I think that if we show any signs whatsoever of throwing the ball to the tightend that Zack will be ours.

SPAL

Quote from: MenaHawg27 on August 09, 2006, 11:24:27 pm
How about Marcus Winston?

He hasnt lived up top the hype that odus and the spin doctors gave him outta highschool.

geoffhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 09, 2006, 11:27:46 pm

He hasnt lived up top the hype that odus and the spin doctors gave him outta highschool.
It wasn't Otis that made Florida, Alabama and everyone else want him. Everytime a recruit doesn't turn out to be as good as we hoped, you guys blame Otis. Everyone thought Winston was gonna be great. Sometimes guys just don't adjust. Hopefully he'll come around while there is still time.

Ross U (HDHF)

Aside from Ben, Wes is the only one that ever looks like he's worth a darn.  He's been practicing better as of late, but Ben has much better hands than the others.  I agree pseudo, we need Pinalto to somehow change his mind.

hogsmaster

Quote from: Hogwild07 on August 09, 2006, 10:06:33 pm

I don't know how well he catches the ball because it has rarely been thrown his way the last few years, but I do remember that grab against Georgia.  He was running full speed and reached back to catch the ball thrown well behind him.

SPAL

Quote from: geoffhog on August 09, 2006, 11:33:45 pm

It wasn't Otis that made Florida, Alabama and everyone else want him. Everytime a recruit doesn't turn out to be as good as we hoped, you guys blame Otis. Everyone thought Winston was gonna be great. Sometimes guys just don't adjust. Hopefully he'll come around while there is still time.

(sing to the tune of rocky top)....Kool aid sure is good in arkansas, sittin in a cooler of ice. Thats why all the fans in arkansas, think everything is a peach....kool aid, youll always be, lip smackin good....Kool aid, kool aide, cherry flavored kool aid

geoffhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 10, 2006, 12:03:39 am

(sing to the tune of rocky top)....Kool aid sure is good in arkansas, sittin in a cooler of ice. Thats why all the fans in arkansas, think everything is a peach....kool aid, youll always be, lip smackin good....Kool aid, kool aide, cherry flavored kool aid
I guess that was supposed to be funny, but it really doesn't make bit of sense. Answer a qusetion for me. Do you think Otis Kirk was the reason Florida fought so hard to get Winston's signature?

geoffhog

Quote from: hogapalooza on August 10, 2006, 12:34:59 am
We have TIGHT-ENDS in the TAVERN!

SMITE THIS!
I'd recruit those tight ends.

SPAL

Quote from: geoffhog on August 10, 2006, 12:33:29 am
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 10, 2006, 12:03:39 am

I guess that was supposed to be funny, but it really doesn't make bit of sense. Answer a qusetion for me. Do you think Otis Kirk was the reason Florida fought so hard to get Winston's signature?

The only real question is what has he done since joiing the hogs?....If you dont blame the kid, u blame the coach. Either way, the results are more L's than W's.

DirectorM

People always bash our recruiting on here, saying we never get 4 and 5 star players.  However the big recruits we get never pan out. 

Hogwild07